How do I change the email address on my account??

Discus and support How do I change the email address on my account?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I set up my live account years ago I used my moms email now I am grown up and would like to change to my email address. Please Help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DuckHuntMasteRz, Jan 1, 2014.

1. How do I change the email address on my account??

When I set up my live account years ago I used my moms email now I am grown up and would like to change to my email address. Please Help

:)

DuckHuntMasteRz, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Closingracer
    Closingracer Guest
    I want to change my email associated to my account ?

How can I change email addresses associated to my account ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    how do i change my email address?

I'm not sure of the exact process but stickied at the top of the Forums are contact details for Microsoft Technical Support.

They will be able to help you with this.

Az

Azrael008uk, Jan 1, 2014
  4. How do I change the email address on my account??

Not sure if this will help you or not. I just tried to get the e-mail address on my account changed and it was not a very pleasant experience and I ended up getting absolutely nowhere with Microsoft on it. The difference for me was the e-mail address
    I used when I originally created my account was the e-mail I had while I was attending college which was through the university, not very good foresight I know. Anyway, I lost my Internet about 5 years ago when I moved into the country and all I could get
    was Wireless High Speed, so I could not use my Live account with it. I just got DSL about a month ago and when I hooked my Xbox up to it, I got a message saying that I needed the password for my account. The problem was that I did not have access to that
    e-mail address any more. I contacted Xbox support and told them my situation and the guy had me fill out an account recovery form and told me to call back if it did not work. I got an e-mail reply from Microsoft saying that they could not do anything since
    it was a .edu e-mail address. I called support back and told them everything to date and had my account "escalated" which from my understanding means that somebody you have not talked to nor will talk to is going to look at your situation and try to help.
    I got another e-mail reply from Microsoft at this point saying that they could not identify my identity and my "password reset" request was being closed. All I wanted to do was change my e-mail address. They said my console id did not match(my first Xbox
    got the RROD around 2 years after I got it and my wife bought me a new one for my birthday) and my zip code did not match(I moved and did not have Internet for my Xbox when I first moved to update it). Just about everything that could go wrong for me did
    I suppose.

This evening I tried signing back up for a gold account, but all that did was create this new gamertag. I know my case is not quite the same as your case and if you still have access to your moms e-mail account, you might have more luck that I did. You
    can try contacting Microsoft support and telling them your situation , but be fully aware that you might just get the runaround. Your best bet would be to just keep using your moms e-mail account, otherwise you might have to start from scratch, which looks
    like what I would have to do.

Sorry for the long rant, I just don't see why it has to be so difficult/impossible to change an e-mail address.

UnveiledPeak8, Jan 1, 2014
  5. AlliDoIsWin6523 Win User

change my email address for my account?

how do i change my email address for my account?
  6. greg_window10_instal Win User

Gamertag

bltstephen,

I had to do the same thing about my email address a while ago. The steps on how to do this are outlined at "How to change the
    email address associated with your Microsoft account
    ". I recommend doing this first and making sure everything works before making any changes to your gamer tag.

support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

SA
  7. UnveiledPeak8 Win User

Not sure if this will help you or not. I just tried to get the e-mail address on my account changed and it was not a very pleasant experience and I ended up getting absolutely nowhere with Microsoft on it. The difference for me was the e-mail address
    I used when I originally created my account was the e-mail I had while I was attending college which was through the university, not very good foresight I know. Anyway, I lost my Internet about 5 years ago when I moved into the country and all I could get
    was Wireless High Speed, so I could not use my Live account with it. I just got DSL about a month ago and when I hooked my Xbox up to it, I got a message saying that I needed the password for my account. The problem was that I did not have access to that
    e-mail address any more. I contacted Xbox support and told them my situation and the guy had me fill out an account recovery form and told me to call back if it did not work. I got an e-mail reply from Microsoft saying that they could not do anything since
    it was a .edu e-mail address. I called support back and told them everything to date and had my account "escalated" which from my understanding means that somebody you have not talked to nor will talk to is going to look at your situation and try to help.
    I got another e-mail reply from Microsoft at this point saying that they could not identify my identity and my "password reset" request was being closed. All I wanted to do was change my e-mail address. They said my console id did not match(my first Xbox
    got the RROD around 2 years after I got it and my wife bought me a new one for my birthday) and my zip code did not match(I moved and did not have Internet for my Xbox when I first moved to update it). Just about everything that could go wrong for me did
    I suppose.

This evening I tried signing back up for a gold account, but all that did was create this new gamertag. I know my case is not quite the same as your case and if you still have access to your moms e-mail account, you might have more luck that I did. You
    can try contacting Microsoft support and telling them your situation , but be fully aware that you might just get the runaround. Your best bet would be to just keep using your moms e-mail account, otherwise you might have to start from scratch, which looks
    like what I would have to do.

Sorry for the long rant, I just don't see why it has to be so difficult/impossible to change an e-mail address.
  8. SheaRally Win User

CANCEL!

How do I completely remove an email address from a Microsoft account that I accidentally created a long time ago, its not used for anything? I want to use that email address to sign in to my actual Xbox Live account, and then how do I change the email sign
    on on the account i want to use it for?
  9. Puppy Fujo Win User

Switching Gameryag to a different email account

I have provided the link below on how to change the email address associated with the account.

Change email address
Thema:

1. How do I change the email address on my account?? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  4. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  5. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...