How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10.

Discus and support How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; These options are available on Xbox, so I know my controller is capable of changing the brightness of its Xbox button. What I need is to have this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by augustoalvarez horna, Jul 10, 2022.

1. How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10.

These options are available on Xbox, so I know my controller is capable of changing the brightness of its Xbox button.

What I need is to have this option on PC. I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories App, but it only allows me to remap other buttons. This is what I get:

How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10. [​IMG]

No brightness options.

But on the Microsoft Store they show this:

How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10. [​IMG]

It seems the option is only available for Elite controllers. But why? I know the regular Series X controller is capable of dimming the brightness of its button.

Is there any other app, even third party, that can help me with this?

BTW, my question is not about changing the brightness of my computer's screen. My computer's screen has nothing to do with this.

And I am aware I can put tape on top of the Xbox button. That is not a real solution. Not with hardware as modern and configurable as this.

:)

augustoalvarez horna, Jul 10, 2022
  2. augustoalvarez horna Win User

How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10.

I wish the problem would get solved, is all.

You can already change the brightness of the controller on Xbox, so it's not like the controller shouldn't be able to do it on PC.

What's really irritating is that this feature has already been implemented to PC, but exclusively for Elite controllers, which makes no sense since regular controllers are capable too of having this feature. It looks like you are locking the feature away from us to give the illusion the Elite controllers are the only ones that can do it.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Waiting for your feedback.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

I understand your frustration, my friend. Unfortunately here on the community there are no Microsoft/Xbox employee responsible for feedback or new features implementation. You can submit your feedback to Xbox by following the instructions at:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

this feature (lol) is not available on pc
  6. Rvilla87 Win User

I'm sorry but this option is not available on the computer. It is only for consoles.
    Lucas Lauer please don't lie. This option is also available on the computer. Could you edit your message?

The thing is, why the **** is only available with Elite controllers and not with the standard Xbox Series controller. But you don't know that either.
Thema:

1. How do I change the brightness of the Xbox button in my Series X controller? I'm on Windows 10. - Similar Threads - change brightness button

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  7. changing the wheel or button mapping

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing the wheel or button mapping: I am having issues with my stealth 700 gen 2 headset I can get it to synce fine to both the my series x and my phone but I can not control any volume or 230c3222-84a1-4134-bd89-e766cd4425c2
  8. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  9. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  10. my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it: So my xbox series x starts in 480 × 640 resolution and there is no option to change it out of this resolution only started happening after recent system update I haven't changed anything same tv...