How do I change my account to not be in a family group?

Discus and support How do I change my account to not be in a family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, my Xbox account is saying I have a child account and cannot I access any of my settings because of it. I never set up my account this way and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NOWIN2D1234, Jan 30, 2023.

1. NOWIN2D1234
    NOWIN2D1234 Guest

Hi, my Xbox account is saying I have a child account and cannot I access any of my settings because of it. I never set up my account this way and I never set up a family group so there is no organizer to correct my account.

:)

NOWIN2D1234, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It looks like your account is being recognized by the system as a child account. You won't be able to access your privacy settings on https://account.xbox.com/Settings if you're using a child account.

If you're still underage, I would advise you to ask your parents to setup a Microsoft Family group and add your account as a member of the family so they can change your account privacy options.

Please refer to the link below about managing Xbox online and privacy settings:

https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...
  3. Salmoro Win User

Changing to parent account

Hi Johan

I assume that you have issue with changing Privacy Settings in your account. So, If your account's already added into a Family Group you will need to change the Privacy Settings in your account (Child account) through the Parent account (Organizer). You
    will find steps how to do that here.

Otherwise, as a workaround, I suggest that you add your account into a Family Group as Child Account. then make the changes in the privacy settings ( follow the link above). afterward remove your account from the Family Group. Remember, you
    will need another account to use it as Parent account (Organizer) to create the family group. You will find steps here.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Microsoft flight simulator multiplayer settings.

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am advisor independent and I will be helping you today.

How are you, Pearsoa?

Are you within a family group or is your account a minor?

If you are not within a family group, please change your account birthdate to 21+, save and try accessing your privacy settings again.

On this link, you can change the age of your account.

https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  5. Picckolas1 Win User

I am trying to play mycareer on NBA 2K23 but it says I need to change a setting for my child account, however I am unsure which setting I need to change.

Yes I am in a family group, I changed my account settings with the parent account in the family, the settings on my account are saved but it won’t allow me to play that specific mode.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Unable to access account settings

Thema:

1. How do I change my account to not be in a family group? - Similar Threads - change account family

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my...: My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my email and password will it change my token also? Because i want to change it so ratter cant access my...
  4. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  5. My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft/Minecraft account has been hacked, and the information has been changed. I...: I lost my account quite some time ago, and tried to make use of the form, since that day i think i must have filled in the form over 40 times. Everytime it came back with the reply you dont have...
  6. Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accounts wont let me sign in or change password. Please help!: I am trying to change the microsoft main alias on a different account so I can change it to this email because I dont use the other one and its just a hastle to remember the password and sign in....
  7. My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change...: My minecraft account is migrated to the wrong microsoft account, is there a way to change the migration from that account to this one? So it will let me login via putting this account's...
  8. My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends account (****) has had his gamerpic changed to a inappropriate picture leading...: If you know anything i can do please email me at ******* Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c5a7dd2c-305b-43f9-8078-587ee1afe213
  9. Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft on PC - sharing / changing the install to a family members account: Short question that I'm struggling to find the answer to. I bought Minecraft for PC and installed it on my laptop using my own MS account. My child plays it through my account. I want to transfer...
  10. Changing a family account two individual account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing a family account two individual account: So my son got his own xbox and we can not play are xbox at the same time how do I separate our player accounts so that we can both play on separate Xbox s But he would like to keep his Account...