How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?

Discus and support How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Many moons ago I created an Xbox live account under an old email. This email explicitly showed my name (it had my first initial and last name in it).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EmilyRose6, Jun 29, 2022.

1. EmilyRose6
    EmilyRose6 Guest

How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?

Many moons ago I created an Xbox live account under an old email. This email explicitly showed my name (it had my first initial and last name in it). For various reasons I wont divulge I under went the process of changing my name and want to change that old Xbox account to my new Microsoft account. However Microsoft wont let me add the new email to the old Xbox account because it is already associated to my new Microsoft account which has an automatically generated Xbox account. How do I change this?

:)

EmilyRose6, Jun 29, 2022
  2. goyanks135 Win User

Transfer saves to different account

Each 360 account can be associated with a Live account.

Currently I have:

old 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the old gamertag

new 360 account -> associated with my Live account but with the new gamertag

The new account got created when I downloaded my profile using my microsoft sign in. The old account was associated with the same microsoft sign in but it didn't recognize my gamertag change. Now it won't let me sign in to live because it asks for my microsoft
    sign in details. I'm guessing the sign in fails because it's trying to find the microsoft account associated with the old gamertag.

I either need to somehow transfer my saves over to the new 360 account so I can upload them to the cloud, or I need someway for my Xbox to realize that my gamertag changed on the old account so I can sign into live again with that account.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am advisor independent and I will be helping you today.

How are you?

I recommend creating a Gmail account and adding it as an alias to your account, after that you can set this email as the main one and delete the other email if you want. On the same link, you can choose which information can be used to log in to your Microsoft account. I for example leave my main email, phone, and alias as login options.

On this link, you can add an alias to your account.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=529489

It is not possible to transfer your Xbox/Microsoft/Gamertag/Alias account to another account.
  4. Mister Quasar Win User

Adding/Changing an email to an existing Gamertag

5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Xbox Profile transfer

Hi TK,

Technically transfers cannot be do but you can change the email address associated with a microsoft account.

In order to associate the gamertag with another account you will need to create a whole account with an email address and then do the following to associate the gamertag to that account. How
    to change the email address associated with your Microsoft account
  6. SudenVeli Win User

Removing an XBL free account

No, the other way around. I want to do away with the old Microsoft account altogether, and have the old gamertag associated with the newer Microsoft account.

Basically *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Microsoft account is associated with PreferredGamertag

and

*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Microsoft account is associated with UnwantedGamertag

So I want *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** Microsoft account associated with PreferredGamertag, which, it appears, I could do readily enough if the unwanted Gamertag weren't associated with the newer Microsoft account.

The only thing I can think of, based on your suggestion (and let me know if I have this right) is that I create a new Microsoft account, move the unwanted gamertag to that account, then move the desired gamertag to my preferred Microsoft account?

This should be so much simpler than it is. :D
Thema:

1. How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change old gamertag

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  4. I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag...: I payed 10 dollars to change my gamertag and it changed but it still says my old gamertag and my new one under it. Anyone know why? 0a23cf37-917f-487e-891f-dc412c572639
  5. I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag and the old one is still showing up inconsistently. Microsoft support...: So years ago I got sick of my dumb pirate themed gamertag so I paid $9 to change it to a normal name because I have no imagination. I went to my Xbox profile on Xbox.com, clicked "customize", and...
  6. I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag over 24 hours ago and my old one is still there while my new one is...: I bought the change twice and no real changes have been made and it's really starting to get frustrating because I refuse to spend just over 29 dollars on something won't actually change...
  7. My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My little sibling changed my gamertag without my permission. I want my old gamertag back...: My old gamertag meant a lot to me and my sibling changed it without my permission. My old gamertag was 15 characters long and I don't have any money. Is there any possible way to fix this? I want...
  8. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  9. I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag, but on the app it still displays both the old and current gamertag....: My old gamertag shows but then below it is my new, changed one. I only want the current one to show. 32c59678-ab98-4076-87e4-66e041ea13ed
  10. My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag didn't change after paying to change it (still shows my old one on top of my...: So I just paid to have my gamer tag changed but instead I got what seems like two different gamer tags on top of each other with my old one being on top and the new below. I want to get rid of the...