How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

Discus and support How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Josh1907, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Josh1907
    Josh1907 Guest

I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it.

Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a password every time (which is how it works on my own account).

I have been all over Family and Xbox sites and don't see where I can do this. But I know I chose it as an option when I set the account up, so it must be possible to change.

Thanks!

:)

Josh1907, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Josh1907,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Josh1907,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are trying to change the sign in preferences of your child account in Xbox console. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

To change how often your child is required to enter their password on Xbox, you can follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Family page.

2. Select your child's account and click on "More options."

3. Click on "Sign-in, security & passkey."

4. Under "Change sign-in, security & passkey preferences," select "Change my sign-in & security preferences."

5. Choose "No barriers" to remove the requirement for a password every time your child signs in.

Please note that removing the password requirement may compromise the security of your child's account. It is recommended to keep the password requirement in place to ensure the safety of your child's account.

For your reference, see: Manage a member’s content in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. ngocphi Win User

password lock a child account

ok now your confusing us

lets start all over again

"My particular scenario has pre-teen girls that will know how to go into account settings and change it. And i do not want that pls."

child accounts are locked to parental windows live id requireing you or the child to enter the parental password

this can be done at www.passport.com and manage your child accounts and change your parental windows live id password

its easier if you have a family account and it can be change at the family center and only the master account cna change those settings

if your children want to go and download m rated demos no parental setting will allow them to do that

they must wait till they are 18
  5. AdamYeti Win User

Xbox and outlook

In the Xbox's settings you can set it to auto-sign in and not require a password on bootup. You could change your password, enter the new password yourself, and set it to auto-signin without a password so no one but you ever needs to know the new password.
    This is how I have my Xbox set up and I never have to enter my password.
  6. skylaar Win User

How do I require password to be entered for profile switching?

I am assuming you have a Parent Account and then Child Accounts for your kids. You can then adjust the content level of what you want them to play on the website and also restrict time of day and how long per day they can play. For example, I have my kids
    setup to Teen and below games and they cannot play before 8am in the morning or after their bedtime at night. This ensures that I am awake and know what is going on in the house. I have Mature games installed that I play when I sign in but they don't have
    access to them.

Sign in to the Xbox, go to Settings --> Account --> Sign-in, security & passkey.

Set it up to "Ass for my passkey" for the Sign-in & security preferences. Create a passkey, it is shorter than a password and just uses controller combinations for login.

Then make sure that "Instant sign-in" is set to Nobody.

Then make sure "This controller signs in" is set to Nobody.

These options should make it so the system opens up and someone will have to sign in to play games. The kids accounts you can set them so a password and passkey is not needed.

I would also go into System --> Signed-out content restrictions

Set "Access to content" as Restricted

Set "Let people download & make new accounts" to unchecked.

This will limit what can be done without signing into with an account and will not let the kids "make a new account" and get around your parental controls.
Thema:

1. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password? - Similar Threads - change often child

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...

in XboX Insiders
    I plugged my tv into a LG tv at my hotel and I can’t change the volume of the tv/xbox , has...: I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find a fix submitted by /u/TopKey8708 [link] [comments]
  5. how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to change mic monitoring on xbox one chatpad on series x?: i have an xbox one chat pad.. the best thing Microsoft ever made and then discontinued for some reason... in fact i now have 2 the old one was dropped on the 3.5mm socket with the mic in and has...
  6. Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller app and changing inverted controls.: I'm trying to play some OG Xbox games that have inverted controls by default, with no in-game option to reverse it, specifically Otogi. The Xbox controller app only allows for inversion of the Y...
  7. So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I'm running my Xbox of a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet...: So I'm running my Xbox off a wifi extender. It keeps changing ports and randomly gets packet loss. I'm using the net gear ex3110. I've tried so much to just get a steady signal. Any advice....
  8. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  9. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and it won’t let me change it: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and won’t let me change it 253dff7a-59b2-4900-b78c-eb3af230f1be
  10. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17