How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?

Discus and support How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; How do I change a child account to an adult one, if I have lost access to the parent account? I have lost access to the parent account with no hope of... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cmmgree10, Nov 11, 2021.

1. cmmgree10
    cmmgree10 Guest

How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account?

How do I change a child account to an adult one, if I have lost access to the parent account?

I have lost access to the parent account with no hope of getting it back and I really would like to be able to play multiplayer.

:)

cmmgree10, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Cmmgree10! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

To be able to change settings or age on your account its necessary to have access to the parent account that manage the family of the Child account as the other option will be that the years pass until that account gets to the proper age to admin those settings
  3. Sayann X Win User

How to allow a child account access to xbox insider hub on a child account.

It is not recommended to pass a child as an adult, if there is parental control it is not for nothing, games should not be accessible to children too young. I'm sorry, but I would never recommend that a child ask their parents to change their adult account.
  4. R Westmoreland Win User

HELP!

I found this

"Before you can change the Windows Live ID associated with a child account, you must provide the Windows Live ID information for the adult account with parental control."

This is what is happening to me but i only have my account on the xbox no Parental one. So how do I chang my account to act as the parent?
  5. Dysruptz Win User

Problem z kontem/grą (Mod Translation) Problem with Account/game

Only a parent account can make changes to these settings. I would recommend using the adult account connected to the child account to change the privileges of the account to allow access to these things.
  6. Bifrosteri Win User

Forza Horizon 3 PC problem family safety

well what if i cant access my xbox settings it only says error child trying to access settings and redirects me to a page on how an parent can change the settings even when my account is an adult account?...
Thema:

1. How do I change a child account to an adult one if I have lost access to the parent account? - Similar Threads - change child account

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  7. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  8. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  9. Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to change an adult account to a child account on X Box?: Hello, When my son started using his Xbox, he created his profil using my Microsoft account. However, I cannot use the parental control on the Xbox because the only account is an adult account....
  10. How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account?: How do I change my child's email address for their xbox account? None of the previous threads answers this question as it has since changed. Please include step by step instructions. Under the...