How do I allow captures to capture my voice?

Discus and support How do I allow captures to capture my voice? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I start recording in xbox game bar, my microphone in the xbox game bar automatically turns off, and I have to turn it on again. This is also... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bobgenush, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Bobgenush
    Bobgenush Guest

Whenever I start recording in xbox game bar, my microphone in the xbox game bar automatically turns off, and I have to turn it on again. This is also affecting my captures, as my clips do not capture my mic as well. I have made sure that my captures are able to record my voice. It is just the defult muting my mic.

:)

Bobgenush, Dec 9, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties when recording with game bar. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What are the device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Open Sound Settings the Click Sound Control Panel

[​IMG]

Go to recording tab

[​IMG]

Make sure these options under Exclusive mode are selected.

[​IMG]

Perform Clean Boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Need help with voice/party chat in my Xbox clips!

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

The clip function does not capture your voice or your party's voice. You need a capture card to do this. If you broadcast to Twitch you can save the voice from your Xbox party chat, it won't pick up the voices in-game.
  5. feffreyfeffrey Win User

Audio Issue

I'll clarify...

Im trying to capture in game voice chat when I record a clip on call od duty warzone. Im Im not in party chat and understand that game captures do not capture party chat.

Im trying to record in game voice chat not party
  6. The Viral Cyrix Win User

xbox one clip

The xbox DVR does not capture voice chat. It only captures Gameplay
Thema:

1. How do I allow captures to capture my voice? - Similar Threads - allow captures capture

2. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  3. Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote

in XBoX on Windows
    Samsung tv not allowing me to access Xbox Home Screen with Xbox remote: I have a Samsung 75” crystal UHD tv. I hooked my Xbox one to the hdmi port 1 and can see that the tv detects the Xbox. When I try to access the Xbox, instead of going to the hdmi1 source, it goes...
  4. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  5. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  6. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  7. Please allow disable quick resume

in XboX Insiders
    Please allow disable quick resume: Please submitted by /u/Prudent_Character_93 [link] [comments]
  8. Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Group chat not allowing users to send messages inside of group chat.: I have a server I’m running with multiple people, to stay in touch with everyone and allow them to talk to each other easily I have a group message set up through Xbox messages. Everything was...
  9. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  10. Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why will my consul not allow video capture for Demon Slayer Hinokami Chronicles: Previously I had no issue recording video or taking screenshots from this game, after the recent update I am no longer able to capture video as it states that capturing is disabled and the game...