How do i access an account with just the xbox user name

Discus and support How do i access an account with just the xbox user name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have realised I am being charged for a direct debit off my credit card for an XBox account that my son no longer uses and cannot access. I don't know... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jo SWI, Mar 22, 2023.

1. Jo SWI
    Jo SWI Guest

I have realised I am being charged for a direct debit off my credit card for an XBox account that my son no longer uses and cannot access. I don't know the email address it was originally registered to. Can anyone advise how I can cancel this with just the xbox user name?

:)

Jo SWI, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Jo!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Just to set your expectation, in order for you to cancel your subscription or payment on a certain account, you must have access to it. We cannot use a gamertag to recover or sign in to an account, it must be an email address or phone or skype username that is currently linked to that account.

Check the link below for more tips in getting your son's correct account email address.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

On the other hand, our best option to cancel those payments is to directly contact your bank.
  3. Gooseboy73 Win User

Family Safety

Hi there and thanks for the response.

The issue is not restricting access to games, I know how to do that. Instead there are currently games they can access without signing in to their account, they are effectively playing as a guest. Hence, I cannot restrict them as the ability to restrict is linked to their user name.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

How do I change my USER NAME?

Heya!

Smwutches sent the proper link there but we wanted to provide some clarification.

The only way to change the spelling of a Gamertag is to do the full change featured on the site.

We hope that helps provide a bit more insight, and feel free to post back if we can help with anything else.
  5. Smwutches Win User

How do I change my USER NAME?

You can change it at http://account.live.com
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Microsoft support wont give me access to my hacked microsoft account.

Hello, Zeyad. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you.

I am sorry for what happened. Did the Microsoft support already closed your account?

No Microsoft employee can help users recovering their accounts. They only instruct you on how to fill the recovery form (which seems like you did). So that's the only available option for a hacked account.

They are not allowed and have no access to change anything on a user account. I hope you understand. I do not work for Microsoft and I do not have access to user accounts too.

If you have any question, please let me know. And again, I'm really sorry about this.
Thema:

1. How do i access an account with just the xbox user name - Similar Threads - access account user

2. How do I cancel Xbox live without having access to my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I cancel Xbox live without having access to my account: Saturday night I tried to log into my Xbox account only to be met with a message saying it had been locked due to “suspicious activity” and requested a verification code from my mums old phone...
  3. Regaining access to an old Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Regaining access to an old Xbox account: So, I’ve got a current Xbox account but I had one many years ago before I switched to PlayStation, I’ve found the account so can confirm it still exists, but the email was a tied to zune, so I...
  4. My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my...: My Minecraft account's token got leaked and a guy took access to my account ,if i change my email and password will it change my token also? Because i want to change it so ratter cant access my...
  5. No access to Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    No access to Xbox account: I try to log into my Xbox account, mind you, I have been paying for Xbox for over a decade and playing it for two. It says I need to enter in my password but then there is a issue saying they've...
  6. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  7. My account had been hacked and I lost access to it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account had been hacked and I lost access to it: so I created new one using same adress, but can I in some way regain access to the old one even if it's overwritten with new one? Back in the day when i tried to log in it was said that there is...
  8. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  9. My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Minecraft account was successfully migrated but I dont have access to any editions of...: Hi, I migrated my minecraft profile successfully to my only microsoft account. (see below images) However on Minecraft.net and in the game launcher It says I dont have the game? Please can...
  10. Downloaded Minecraft on one Windows user account and now can't access it on another user...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Downloaded Minecraft on one Windows user account and now can't access it on another user...: A few weeks ago I downloaded Minecraft Java edition to my laptop; it had previously been on an old laptop that no longer works. I downloaded using my Microsoft account (after migrating from a...