How did they screw this up this bad?

Discus and support How did they screw this up this bad? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why are the new friend features such a step back!?!? Can't invite friends to games from their profile, can't appear busy or away, no bio, name, or any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elliott 0, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Elliott 0
    Elliott 0 Guest

Why are the new friend features such a step back!?!? Can't invite friends to games from their profile, can't appear busy or away, no bio, name, or any kind of info and no virtual avatar, can't see when they get online or get on the same game as you.

WTH HAPPENED? WHY DID MS TAKE SUCH A HUGE STEP BACKWARDS WITH XB1 FRIENDS?

:)

Elliott 0, Jan 5, 2014
  2. How did you guys screw this console up so badly?

Honestly patience is required there are better features coming down the line and you dont want to miss out. PS4 isnt perfect either, we knew what this entailed so enjoy the ride How did they screw this up this bad? :)

SilentGamer895, Jan 5, 2014
  3. How did you guys screw this console up so badly?

All issues addressed by the OP are valid concerns that should not be ignored. I too am an xbox veteran.

On the original xbox I could hear up to 16 players in a Halo match. On the Xbox One I'm lucky to hear more than one. Party chat is atrocious and seldom works. Do yourself a favor and just drop it all together. In-game chat is all we need. That way I can
    talk smack to the opposing team and anyone who doesn't perform up to my standards. I'm often welcomed by "we can't turn on party chat now, please try again later". This wouldn't be an issue to me, if I could actually consistently hear my team in-game. But
    even with the killer must have app (Titanfall) this is absent.

Combine that with the fact that the UI is horrific, and you have a system set up for failure. The dashboard looks like somebody took a dumb on a tiled floor, and then smeared it around in a random order to make it as overwhelming and confusing as possible.

Ease and simplicity are the key, and the Xbox One is neither. The dashboard is slow and sluggish. Want to get to your friends? Be prepared to wait over a minute while several menus load. Gone are the days of simply pressing that X button on your controller
    to pull it up with ease. Want to access your messages? Good news! There is an app made exclusively for that. Be prepared to see an envelope with a black background appear on your screen for 5 to 10 seconds, only to reveal text only messages. But wait, it gets
    even better. Simply highlighting the message isn't enough to pull up the limited 160 character cap. You must click it so it can continue to load.

And why can't I set my custom gamer tag picture of myself in my badass Halo armor I made? The kinect already bogs down the processor and is the reason games have been released in a lower resolution thus far. I should at least be able to take a picture of
    myself like I did on the 360.

In conclusion the system is a joke. Xbox live has now become the PSN. It's a headache to navigate, and the online services are an embarrassment to any loyal xbox fan. I've gone to great lengths to voice my growing concern about the future of Xbox. If you're
    a true fan, the below video will hit home for you.

The Master Chief Plays Xbox One

I AM J0HN RAMBO, Jan 5, 2014
  4. How did they screw this up this bad?

I didn't know any of this. I really hope they fix these problems and go back to the original Xbox friends/party system.

Dr Black Bones, Jan 8, 2014
  5. GypsyMic
    GypsyMic Guest
    The question isn't why but when will they fix it?

My guess is they're still working on the features and will release them in a future system update. I mean, look at the launch Xbox 360 and the one we have on the market now, two completely different devices by the time all of the updates rolled out.

GypsyMic, Jan 8, 2014
  6. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    Because watching television shows and sports too priority over social features on Xbox One.

Auswulf, Jan 8, 2014
  7. JustMeBeingD
    JustMeBeingD Guest
    They will fix and update soon but yes this is a pain and I hate it

JustMeBeingD, Jan 9, 2014
  8. CHAD TPRUITT
    CHAD TPRUITT Guest

CHAD TPRUITT, Oct 31, 2018
  9. CHAD TPRUITT Win User

10. GypsyMic Win User

The question isn't why but when will they fix it?

My guess is they're still working on the features and will release them in a future system update. I mean, look at the launch Xbox 360 and the one we have on the market now, two completely different devices by the time all of the updates rolled out.
  11. Auswulf Win User

Because watching television shows and sports too priority over social features on Xbox One.
  12. JustMeBeingD Win User

They will fix and update soon but yes this is a pain and I hate it
  13. Dr Black Bones Win User

I didn't know any of this. I really hope they fix these problems and go back to the original Xbox friends/party system.
Thema:

1. How did they screw this up this bad? - Similar Threads - did screw bad

2. . My question is why did you guys do thaT

in XBoX on Consoles
    . My question is why did you guys do thaT: Hey i have a gamesir g7 se and previously we were able to use 1000hz report rate with the gamesir nexus app but they said you guys updated your licence conditions which only allow 4ms or 250 hz...
  3. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  4. why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out

in XBoX on Windows
    why did when i sign in xbox on website its always signing me out: need answer asap,i want to link my xbox account with epic games 21df864d-bf4f-48f5-8531-995db56d7c12
  5. Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote

in XboX Insiders
    Question for you guys. I am not currently an insider, Did they remove use TV remote: I was an insider. I have been on and off over 6 or 7 years. I joined last around the time the new dashboard was released to the public. I noticed a new setting that would allow you to control your...
  6. Can some one explain what I did wrong here?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can some one explain what I did wrong here?: Name of Ark server: ark savages. It's a 4 man tribe molded ark server. I posted "Ark savages 4 man come try it out" My account got banned. I've been with xbox live for over 15 years never had...
  7. Did I screw myself over?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Did I screw myself over?: So I decided to buy Titanfall 2 the other day and I tried to but I guess my money wasn't deposited so it didn't work. Fine by me, its only 47 dollars and it's on sale for 8 more days. Come the...
  8. Did I screw up? Redeem code help. DLC help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did I screw up? Redeem code help. DLC help!: I redeemed my season pass for Fallout 4 on my computer cause the back of the season pass card instructed to go to a website. The confirmation page said it would download to my xbox. Now I'm not...
  9. Did I just screw up? Where is my Redeem Code Down Load?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did I just screw up? Where is my Redeem Code Down Load?: I redeemed my season pass for Fallout 4 on my computer cause the back of the season pass card instructed to go to a website. The confirmation page said it would download to my xbox. Now I'm not...
  10. How did you guys screw this console up so badly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did you guys screw this console up so badly?: The xbox one is the worst console I have ever owned. It is a $500 paperweight that is absolutely atrocious. Every person involved with the design of this machine should be fired immediately. Its...