How did I get communication banned?

Discus and support How did I get communication banned? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Xultanis Dragon, Jan 11, 2024.

1. How did I get communication banned?

Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through, they sent an e-mail suggesting that even though my appeal was approved to be more careful in the future and to make sure I do not violate their code of conduct. I now have a ban mark on my account and I want it removed or at least some semblance of a freaking apology instead of them saying "oh hey, yeah, just be more careful not to violate our rules and regulations next time".

This is the message that was flagged by xbox -

Reason for action

This account violated the Community Standards and was subjected to enforcement action.

Impact

While the current suspension remains active, this account cannot communicate with others, join multiplayer games, or upload media to the Xbox network.

Details

"Helpful hint at least for future reference - kegs in the crows is bad. The explosion hit box goes in a sphere, so when it explodes the force goes down and hits everywhere from the crows and hits the boat full on. Instead put the kegs on the very tip of the nose of your ship. If it explodes it only hits the frontish part of the ship. That way you can skill recover even if you have like 200 mega kegs on the front of the ship"

:)

Xultanis Dragon, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

How did I get a communication ban for this?

If the suspension was overturned, then the enforcement team made a mistake issuing the suspension and you shouldn't have been suspended for that. They do not use the forums so no one here would be able to tell you why the suspension was issued in the first place. With the new strike system going in place, you may not see the suspension listed on the enforcement site anymore.

As far as finding your other forum posts, if you click your name in the upper right corner of the page or above the posts, you'll find your profile which shows your history on the forum.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Xultanis Dragon,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that our support boundaries are limited to what we can do or recommend on our end. Thus, forums and customer support (including phone and chat support teams) are unable to assist you with any suspensions or enforcement actions, as we have a dedicated team for this.

Note: Customer support can’t assist with suspensions or enforcement actions. They don’t have access to enforcement details. Keep reading for information on how to inquire about your current suspension.

Please see FAQ about enforcement

Xbox device suspensions and bans | Xbox Support

Xbox enforcement action FAQ | Xbox Support

If you want to submit an appeal, you may follow the guide on the link below.

How to submit a case review | Xbox Support

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  5. Xultanis Dragon Win User

How did I get a communication ban for this?

I could have sworn I checked the "my profile" link. I could have SWORN I did, but maybe I just always thought I did but didn't. Thank you very much for that information.

On regards to the enforcement being overturned and them making a mistake. I understand that mistakes are made, however I want to know HOW it was made in the first place. I typed out the message and after I had hit send, the message was deleted immediately after, even before the message was delivered, and I was communication banned. That means that xbox flagged me immediately after sending the message. What was it that triggered such an immediate response? I've had other people send me angry messages with slurs of every kind and the messages go through. Mine however gets picked up immediately and I am banned for it.

The other issue I have is if a mistake was made, remove the infraction in its entirety. Why is it still on my account? Yes it was appealed but I have been in situations where "appealed" infractions are still used against me in the future. Even though the enforcement was made clearly by mistake it counted against me somehow. I have never been banned or suspended for anything and now I have a mark on my account. I have a mark on my account for giving game advice.

The last issue is the response I got. "Appeal approved but make sure you don't do it again and be more careful." - Thats indicating that they begrudgingly let me off the hook and I somehow did something wrong when I did nothing to be punished for in the first place. Why not an apology "Hey, our system went haywire. We are sorry and will correct the issue to make sure it doesn't happen again. We will remove the infraction from your account.". The infraction still shows on my account by the way.

I just do not like how instead of an apology for something that clearly should not have happened I get "make sure you don't do it again". Makes me worried about their new "strike" system. Since I would have to deal with people who apparently have no oversight and have a history of jumping to conclusions.

Thank you for your time and sorry for the rant.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Why did I get communication banned?

Thema:

1. How did I get communication banned? - Similar Threads - did communication banned

2. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  3. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  6. Why did I get an xbox communicate ban

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get an xbox communicate ban: I got an Xbox comm ban for saying you tried rappelling up to someone now I can't appeal it. d10d71d5-da44-4145-821d-b43654df466d
  7. How did I get a communication ban for this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get a communication ban for this?: (This is a repost but I could not find my last one and when I finally did, they said that since I hadn't replied in over 72hours they wouldn't be monitoring it anymore. Also if anyone knows how to...
  8. How did I get communication banned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How did I get communication banned?: Can someone please explain to me how I got communication banned from xbox. Not only did I get communication banned, but after my appeal went through, they sent an e-mail suggesting that even...
  9. Why did I get communication banned I just got unbanned today please can you unban me I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get communication banned I just got unbanned today please can you unban me I...: Why did I get communication banned again I just got in banned today please can you unban me I won’t do it again 808d62a3-49be-4ed1-a11a-22659a18cd4d
  10. Why did I get communication banned for posting a looking for group post offering help for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get communication banned for posting a looking for group post offering help for...: I got com banned for 24 hrs for a looking for group post with my twitch name in it and clearly stating I'm offering help 995e9901-c32e-45f1-a8dc-d69a34a8b5ec