How come me and my friend can't play certain games together?

Discus and support How come me and my friend can't play certain games together? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friend (who lives right near me) can't join certain games together. I have friends who also have this problem as well, we were playing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Videowiza, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Videowiza
    Videowiza Guest

Me and my friend (who lives right near me) can't join certain games together. I have friends who also have this problem as well, we were playing borderlands: game of the year edition for the past couple months and we decided to hop on dead island definitive edition. We couldn't connect to each others game and when we could it would boot one of us out soon after. Now we can't play borderlands at all anymore, it was working perfectly fine before and now it's not. We can play Cod: cold war either and I'm sure there are other games as well that we haven't tried. We've tested our multiplayer connection which says it working and our nat type which are both open. We've restarted our xboxs and routers but nothing works.

:)

Videowiza, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Videowiza, by your description it is very difficult to know why one of your friends can not enter the same game as you, would have to know with which games this happens, if you have the same isp internet service provider and if is presented some error message every time you try to enter the game from each other.

The issue of multiplayer is not limited to NAT alone and may have other factors such as settings on each's home network that can influence in different ways.

I leave a link below that can follow the procedures of multiplayer issues.

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Videowiza Win User

We both have spectrum as an internet provider and the games we cant play vary. We can play fortnite, rainbow six siege and modern warfare 2 but we can't play borderlands, infinite warfare, cold war and dead island. The error message is usually in game and says something along the lines of game cannot be found but that can also vary. We got borderlands to work once but cannot replicate it, plus the connection was very unstable. Cold War and Infinite Warfare we can get into a lobby together but the other times out whenever we load into a match. Mind you this only started happening after we attempted to play dead island for some reason as our connections were perfectly fine before, we were able to play all of these games with ease.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

change co-op game requirements.

Hi, you can't force people to talk/communicate. Some people may (for medical reasons) be unable to communicate and you would be discriminating against them. Many aren't communicating because of the toxic nature of certain individuals. Then you have the friends,
    that are playing together in a party, which is how many of us play. Everyone is entitled to play how they want, that is the beauty of the community.
  5. Sir Dimes Win User

Trying to load friends list and receive error code

I've had this problem all day. Can't even invite friends to party chat or to my game cause of it...... Come on Xbox get

It together.
  6. Sun Khou Win User

Me and my friend can’t play together.

Hi Ethan reee

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein even after clearing out your MAC addresses both you and your friend can't play together when you play Xbox 360 games.

Let’s work together in finding the best solution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• When did this issue occurred?

• Can you specify which Xbox console you are currently using right now as well as the Xbox console your friend is using?

• What other initial troubleshooting steps have you already tried so far?

In the meantime, we would like you to check the information provided down below:

Set up multiplayer gaming in backward compatible games

When you're playing an Xbox 360 game on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, it's like you're on an Xbox 360 console. Xbox One and next-gen Xbox features such as Friends and Party don't interact with your game.

In an Xbox 360 game, you send game invites and start parties the way you would on Xbox 360: by using the Xbox Guide. Open the guide by pressing the View button  and the Menu button  at the same time, and then choose Friends or Party and follow the instructions.

In Original Xbox games, online features such as multiplayer and leaderboards don’t work on newer Xbox consoles. However, you can still use Xbox parties to chat while playing alongside others, in whatever game they’re playing.

If you have any problems finding your friends in your friends list while playing a backward compatible game, see:

Viewing your Xbox One friends on your Xbox 360 friends list

Referenced link: Set up multiplayer gaming in backward compatible games | Xbox Support

Hope this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. How come me and my friend can't play certain games together? - Similar Threads - friend can't play

2. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  3. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  4. I can't play with friends in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play with friends in Minecraft: I bought Minecraft for Nintendo switch and I want to play and it tells me you can't join cross-platform games if you don't have a Microsoft account and a Nintendo account log in with both accounts...
  5. Can't play online franchise with friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online franchise with friends: I own madden 24 and I am trying to play a online franchise with my friends and it won't let me. Keeps telling me I need game pass but I have xbox live gold. Please help...
  6. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  7. My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My good friend Yuri9493 just got charged 65 buck for call of duty iw and he can't play it.: had to go on another account to pay for his game and when he bought it, it installed and he couldn't play it. I wonder if anyone could help or else me and him might have to switch to ps and not...
  8. Why can't my friends play Minecraft with me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my friends play Minecraft with me?: Me and my friends have been have been having two issues on Minecraft. Two error messages come up when I try to join them(restart client) or when they try to join me(world no longer available)....
  9. Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play co op with my friend in Halo 2 MCC?: Hi, I'm having a problem trying to play co op with my friend and it keeps kicking us both out of the game. We both have updated versions of our game and our system. I'd like to know what to do to...
  10. Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...: Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see him. He has an Xbox one and I have an Xbox series X. What could be the problem?...