How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets...

Discus and support How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi, I recently sent a message to a guy that been offensive to me and a friend on Call of Duty. Not uncommon I know… XD. The message stated “your mum’s... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ElisWilliams, Nov 16, 2022.

1. ElisWilliams
    ElisWilliams Guest

How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets...

Hi, I recently sent a message to a guy that been offensive to me and a friend on Call of Duty. Not uncommon I know… XD. The message stated “your mum’s in my dm’s, loves [mod removed]” and get banned. But I’ve had a guy saying he’d come to my house smash my windows in and burn the house down after killing me, yet nothing was done when I reported the messages.

I don’t understand how a joke can be punished yet someone who has genuine harmful intent can be ignored? The person in question found my instagram soon after but luckily i had it on private.

Would love to hear reasoning over this. Not saying I shouldn’t be banned, just trying to make sense of where the line is drawn for banning.

Thanks.

:)

ElisWilliams, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets nothing?

Using words like that are easier to find through a filter so suspensions are typically faster to hand out for that. Anything else has to be investigated and can take a bit longer and you won't always be told if/when action is taken. So it's possible they did receive a suspension as well.
  3. ElisWilliams Win User

How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets nothing?

Hi the guy in question is different to the one I messaged. The guy that threatened me was about 4 months ago and received no ban. While i was banned today for the statement above. I’m fully aware that what I did was against the policy of Xbox. But am very confused how i was banned for seemingly nothing compared to what he did.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ELISWILLIAMS

Would be great to assist you on this one, but unfortunately no one here including Microsoft customer support is capable to assist you with suspensions or enforcement actions.

Because is not possible to access to your account and enforcement details.

The only way to do it is via this site: https://enforcement.xbox.com/ there you can view your enforcement history or start a case review if applicable.

If you want to know how to submit a case review, you can use this link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

As an extra advise, when someone else insults you. Please don’t reply to that player, that is only ends bad for you even if you’re “defending” yourself
    Just ignore the message , report and block the player

Probably this guy if proven guilty is going to receive a suspension as well
    Can take less or more depending on the workload of the enforcement team
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, I don't know exactly what this guy told you (no need to share the messages)

Probably the guy has banned and you didn't notice.

If you feel that is necessary to report them one more time please do it
  6. m1ke k1rch 13 Win User

Communication ban?

Its sad Microsoft has no idea what a profane word is. Nor do they know what abusive or threatening remarks are. You can't ban someone for calling a pathetically worthless child that when they threaten to shut your internet off and I get banned for calling
    someone pathetic? And the other kid who is a booter gets no bans? Tell me how that makes sense
Thema:

1. How come I get banned for a “Your mum joke”, but someone who’s threatening my life gets... - Similar Threads - banned “Your mum

2. Will your xbox get banned if you use cronus zen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will your xbox get banned if you use cronus zen?: I want to buy cronus zen but i dont want to be hardware banned if this is agaisnt the TOS i feel like everytime i play apex or rust im always getting beamed by cheaters so i want tk try zen fot...
  3. Banned for saying grab your balls

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned for saying grab your balls: Never in my life would I thought you could receive a 8 day ban for telling someone to grab there balls , been waiting to play pro clubs on the new fifa and the game comes out and I receive a 8 day...
  4. Can I get unbanned. This guy said "your ****" so when I replied I get chat banned and he...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I get unbanned. This guy said "your ****" so when I replied I get chat banned and he...: So please unban me Microsoft 33c5ff4f-d4dc-46a6-8bb0-be0adc7c7805
  5. How to find out IF your Microsoft Rewards account was banned/suspended?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to find out IF your Microsoft Rewards account was banned/suspended?: So I use Microsoft rewards exclusively for Overwatch coins. They were out of stock for a while and now they're back, so I redeemed a lot of them at once. They all came, no problem there. Since...
  6. Can Your Account Be Permanently Banned For Using Slurs?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Your Account Be Permanently Banned For Using Slurs?: The reason for my ban, as stated in your policies, could be related to slurs. While I acknowledge the seriousness of such violations and the need for strict enforcement, I assure you that I have...
  7. Can you appeal bans from the ambassador program if you have no enforcement history on your...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you appeal bans from the ambassador program if you have no enforcement history on your...: I was wondering if its possible to appeal bans for the ambassador program. I was banned about 5-6 years ago i believe. I was going to submit a case review, however the suspension was so long ago...
  8. I want to get unbann now why your computer is ban me every time the.people everytime insult...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to get unbann now why your computer is ban me every time the.people everytime insult...: plz unbann me and watch better who insult first stop being lose minds this is ridiculous. Try to work better plz. dfc3b4d2-37a5-4edb-9b86-f42abe61050e
  9. Your automated ban system is broken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your automated ban system is broken.: So some immature child messages me, admits he likes to troll me, and then admit to doing it to everyone else and gets away with it. I report him for it as the code of conduct states "trolling and...
  10. What's the deal with your xbox live ban system?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What's the deal with your xbox live ban system?: I mean, say someone griefs someone in a game, and then the person who was griefed then decides to ask said griefer why they did it in xbox live chat. Said griefer (We'll call them 1) then replies...