How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

Discus and support How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Tarsidous, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Tarsidous
    Tarsidous Guest

How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it difficult to use words like "the" and "hello." I have to put "t/he" and "h/ello" in order for it to not "**e" and "**ello" respectively. My friend, who uses Steam, does not have this issue. Without access to an Xbox console, how do I change the settings as described here: Safety settings for Xbox messages.

:)

Tarsidous, Apr 14, 2024
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox app message safety filter

If you can see the message on your Xbox one console, you should be able to see it on the Xbox app too. The message filtering system works on Xbox one and the Xbox app for Windows 10, iOS and Android.

Are you able to view the filtered message through the app on PC? Are messages from other people also filtered?

Is the Xbox app updated to the latest version on your phone?

Try adjusting your message safety settings, see if changing it to one of the filtered options and then resetting it back to unfiltered works. If not, then I'm not sure.

Text that might be more offensive than the selected level will be automatically removed for you.
  3. CarTzy Win User

New Xbox Series X - Child Account cannot add friends fortnite

Hello need_an_answer_fast,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties adding friends. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What error message are you getting?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Manage a member’s content in the Xbox Family Settings app

Manage a member’s content in the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

Organizers in the family group can view or change how members can communicate with other players while they’re online. Organizers can also customize whether members can follow other gamers.

1. Open the Xbox Family Settings app on your mobile device, and then go to Settings.
    2. Select the Social tile to view or change how members can communicate with other players while they’re online. Organizers can also customize whether members can follow other gamers.
    Note Some games allow for cross-network communication with players outside of the Xbox service. To adjust these settings, select the Cross-network play tile, and then select the communication level for the member in your family group.

To learn more about online safety settings for messaging, see: Safety settings for Xbox messages | Xbox Support

Troubleshooting the Xbox Family Settings app

Troubleshooting the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

Set an age limit for content on Xbox

Set an age limit for content on Xbox | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. korgorg Win User

Xbox Server Connectivity - Connected but changes to Blocked after a few minutes in party chat.

As the title says, i go to my safety settings and change 'You can create and join clubs' to allow, and when i click 'Submit', the page refreshes and goes back to Block! The xbox app on PC says that i need to change
    the setting, which i can't, and the xbox app on Android tells me i have a suspension.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

xbox privacy settings

6. Mister Maka Win User

How to disable messages from Xbox one

Hey there patrickfx1.

There isn't a way to disable the messaging app completely. If you'd like to prevent messages from being sent, you can change your

privacy settings
    :)
Thema:

1. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC? - Similar Threads - change Safety settings

2. how to change. a refresh rate with no picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to change. a refresh rate with no picture: i accidentally changed from 60Hz to 120Hz and i cannot go back to 60Hz due to no hdmi so i cannot see a menu what can i do 399100dd-554f-4769-a630-a3b8d12e327f
  3. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  4. How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change family safety setting on cloud gaming: Cloud family is saying due to my family safety settings I can not play fortnight how do I change the settings d6773136-8ad0-4281-917e-6a2c605629ff
  5. Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Family Safety NOTIFICATION Settings... why can I not find a way to change them online?: I have tried several "ask community threads" online and none of them have the solution. I have also contacted Microsoft through the phone and online chat to only get told the same thing as the...
  6. were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other...

in XBoX on Consoles
    were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other...: were in xbox safety settings do i change it where i can play with content created by other players 433e957c-a34a-4740-8de5-7bb98449d98a
  7. I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can´t change my online safety and privacy Xbox settings.: (Sorry for any english errors) I was trying to acess the online safety and privacy Xbox account settings but everytime i go to that page it appears the "The URL may be misspelled or the page...
  8. Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...: Whenever i try to change the account privacy and safety on my account (so i can play multiplayer on minecraft) it wont let me,A unexpected error just pops up, I've been trying to change it since...
  9. New Safety Feature - Sounds great but you need to change capture settings in 1080p or lower...

in XboX Insiders
    New Safety Feature - Sounds great but you need to change capture settings in 1080p or lower...: So the new chat reporting feature is brilliant and hopefully will work against a lot of toxicity in some games, however the downside is we need capture settings to be on 1080p or lower to use it....
  10. How to change my online safety settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my online safety settings: How to change my online safety settings it is showing in featured server you can't play online with player because how your account is step up (*Moved from Office insider.)...