How can we see a person using a lag switch?

Discus and support How can we see a person using a lag switch? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I play allot of call of duty modern warfare 2 and I see allot of lag spikes when my console is hard wired into my Xbox and I wanna know who uses lag... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Chowmonkeysuka, Apr 1, 2023.

1. How can we see a person using a lag switch?

I play allot of call of duty modern warfare 2 and I see allot of lag spikes when my console is hard wired into my Xbox and I wanna know who uses lag switches so I can report them for cheating

:)

Chowmonkeysuka, Apr 1, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

There is really no way to know when a person is lag switching other than the usual indicators ( killing/doing good while others dont, teleporting, everyone but the one player will have one or two bars, etc)
  3. stevenchambers_097 Win User

To be quite honest you can easily tell apart from someone lagging and someone using a lag switch, 1 either you'll teleport/rubber band all over the place every single step you take and your in a bounce house, 2 they will lag and make it harder to kill them making it seem like your lagging but really it's just them lagging, 3 it's annoying af and has always been people who use it have no skill and no life, 4 last one what can be done about them and what should be done about them shouldn't be restricted to the isp and gov no it should be taken into hands of Xbox PC and ps because it's on their servers that they monitor or should be monitoring and if I can tell or see the difference then so should the devs and enforcement teams, in general xim adapters and lag switching are just bitchless moves used by fat discord mods who have dorito and cheeto covered ipads with permanent ass cheek marks on their moms couches
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

you can't see them, but also cannot report them to xbox as lag switching is technically outside of the xbox network and therefore falls under the isp to investigate if malicious. lag switching was big back in the early 2000's and looks like its coming back, very difficult to detect as it could also be someone having network issues. lag switching does not really affect your connection, it is designed to make them lag so your shots miss.
  5. gabe bos Win User

Lag switches used to do that but now they just freeze you in place on others screens and freeze everybody else on your screen

good for sniping

but your hit box is frozen were you lag swiched
  6. Boethius(2) Win User

Player using "Lag Switch"

Lag can work both in a persons favour and against them, how does a switch that causes lag give him an advantage?
Thema:

1. How can we see a person using a lag switch? - Similar Threads - person using lag

2. Can I use this as my gamer picture? I personally don't think anything is wrong with it but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use this as my gamer picture? I personally don't think anything is wrong with it but...: [img] Id like to use the picture attached with this question as a picture 56ef8806-a44b-4c72-91f8-88533a5dbc9e
  3. I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance...: I purchased a Shark Card using a Microsoft Gift Card & personal Visa card for balance owing, but apparently it was for an Xbox X/S series where I have an Xbox One S, So I can't get the GTA$$$$...
  4. Why was my appeal denied when the person who reported me was using the same bad language i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was my appeal denied when the person who reported me was using the same bad language i...: I have 8 day suspension for bad language on chat but the person who reported me was using the same language as me and my a appeal was denied. d9a6386c-652a-4769-8a78-eab45d4f79e5
  5. Minecraft - the usual 'You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - the usual 'You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or...: Hi, I followed the following page to purchase Minecraft Education for ourself as a family:...
  6. Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from...: Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from iPhone? e9e7f93a-1ce1-4abd-92a2-23084de3a7e4
  7. The report system is abused and used just as personal revenge,why is this allowed to happen?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The report system is abused and used just as personal revenge,why is this allowed to happen?: Im not a kid and i just wrote "fkn dmb" to another ADULT.First of all,"fkn" can be "freaking" and "dmb" well...it is what it is but as i said in the title,the report system is abused by adults 99%...
  8. can i use mouse and keyboard on game pass for first person shooters

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i use mouse and keyboard on game pass for first person shooters: can i use mouse and keyboard on game pass for first person shooters 43e11b18-ccfc-48e5-bde0-226b72e57154
  9. If I redeem a Xbox gift card will the person I’m game sharing with be able to use it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I redeem a Xbox gift card will the person I’m game sharing with be able to use it?: Please tell me If I redeem a Xbox gift card will the person I’m game sharing with be able to use it too? ccd04473-ca9c-4f93-844a-4cb5100bc6c1
  10. BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...

in XBoX on Windows
    BEWARE! This person is using a hacker - using MY personal info to use Skype, XBox Live, and...: Hello... My name is [Mod Removed - Personal Information] and I've been the victim of an unknown cyberattacker for over a month. I know he/she has an account here on Skype, but I do NOT. I reached...