How can I use streaming apps on my Xbox 360?

Discus and support How can I use streaming apps on my Xbox 360? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to stream YouTube on my Xbox 360 or use casting ffe2d1b6-cea9-4cef-a4bd-4da37c89d054 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rachel Paul1, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Rachel Paul1
    Rachel Paul1 Guest

Trying to stream YouTube on my Xbox 360 or use casting

:)

Rachel Paul1, Dec 3, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

YouTube has discontinued support for the 360

You’re going to find that it’s going to be the case more and more. The user base isn’t big enough to continue support.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Can an Xbox 360 have it's games streamed to an Windows 10 PC?

4. Arminator Win User

PLEASE HELP

You can't connect the Xbox 360 to the Xbox App. Only the Xbox One can stream to the Xbox App.

Long explanation:

The Xbox One has specifically resources reserved to record or stream the console's video output, so you can stream to Beam or Twitch, or record your Gameplay.

The Xbox 360 does not have these resources. And since compressing and streaming video requires a lot of CPU power, and the Xbox 360 is uses nearly 98% CPU resources for rendering games (the rest is used for Guide, Parties and background music), the Xbox
    360 also can't get an update to allow game streaming.

In short: It's not possible to connect the Xbox App to the 360.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Can both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 have their games played on Windows 10 without the console?

You can not play xbox one or xbox 360 games - either on disc or digitally - on a windows 10 PC. The

play anywhere feature
    is only for those who have purchased the digital copy of the games on that list and it can be played on xbox one and windows 10, that does not apply to xbox 360 games at all.

You CAN stream them from an xbox one to your windows 10 PC using the Streaming feature in the xbox app on windows 10 and then have your xbox one play a backwards compatible game and then stream the xbox one to your PC while it's playing an xbox 360 game
    and you can earn achievements that way.

Streaming from xbox one to windows 10 xbox app:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming

Xbox 360 games that can be played on xbox one:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

If you own the game digitally it will show up on My Games and Apps > Games > (your game). If you own the disc insert it and download the converted copy and play while the disc is in.
  6. mahdking Win User

Can both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 have their games played on Windows 10 without the console?

You can not play xbox one or xbox 360 games - either on disc or digitally - on a windows 10 PC. The

play anywhere feature
    is only for those who have purchased the digital copy of the games on that list and it can be played on xbox one and windows 10, that does not apply to xbox 360 games at all.

You CAN stream them from an xbox one to your windows 10 PC using the Streaming feature in the xbox app on windows 10 and then have your xbox one play a backwards compatible game and then stream the xbox one to your PC while it's playing an xbox 360 game
    and you can earn achievements that way.

Streaming from xbox one to windows 10 xbox app:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming

Xbox 360 games that can be played on xbox one:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

If you own the game digitally it will show up on My Games and Apps > Games > (your game). If you own the disc insert it and download the converted copy and play while the disc is in.
Thema:

1. How can I use streaming apps on my Xbox 360? - Similar Threads - streaming apps 360

2. How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay?: How do I connect multiple Xbox controllers to my PC's xbox app and stream the gameplay? Ive been able to seamlessly play on my xbox by streaming in to my laptop through the xbox companion app, and...
  3. Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music

in XboX Insiders
    Please add a YouTube Music app so I can stream background YouTube Music: That would be great. And there are probably lots of people who would use it. submitted by /u/Brocker_9000 [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  5. XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X Streaming Apps In 4k?: Hi. Are Parmount+, Prime Video, Netflix, MAX, AppleTV+ and Disney+ in 4k HDR, Dolby Vision? Thanks. ccd21945-c773-44c0-9246-8daed8f1ae56
  6. When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When will audio issues for Xbox Series X/S streaming apps be resolved permanently?: I admit I'm a little more than frustrated about this but I find it completely absurd this is still a problem with a powerhouse such as Microsoft. It has somehow also gotten worse over time. I'm...
  7. cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app: cant stream from pc with xbox strem testing app f3bde650-cf7a-4185-b9a7-a032a7b7c55d
  8. All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.

in XBoX on Windows
    All streaming apps do not work on my Xbox one.: When using my Xbox to stream using sky go and disney I am unable to watch anything. The apps load perfectly however once I try to play, error codes appear. I have tried everything to resolve the...
  9. Green screen in some games and streaming apps

in XBoX on Windows
    Green screen in some games and streaming apps: My screen turns green (and occasionally like a mix of colors) while trying to watch some Netflix shows, Amazon prime shows and occasionally while playing games cba55c7d-8112-48b5-95f8-a27b3357498b
  10. Any chance of 360 app to stream Xbox One content to another room?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any chance of 360 app to stream Xbox One content to another room?: I just had this idea last night (ok it's not exactly a new idea) when my wife wanted the TV, given that I'd had it all weekend and early last night for the footie it seemed only fair to let her...