How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox

Discus and support How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello. I recently decided to give twitch streaming a go and wanted to use a webcam so people could see me. I don't have a camera or a computer so i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NVCaesar, Jan 1, 2023.

1. NVCaesar
    NVCaesar Guest

Hello. I recently decided to give twitch streaming a go and wanted to use a webcam so people could see me. I don't have a camera or a computer so i decided to use my phone as a camera since i could prop it up to capture me. I thought it would let me but i don't really know how to do this. Thought id ask the forums. Thanks in advance

:)

NVCaesar, Jan 1, 2023
  2. NVCaesar Win User

Thanks for letting me know!
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

you cannot use the phone as a webcam on console, it lacks the drivers to connect and access the phones camera and most phones need the manufacturer driver/software installed.

you will need to purchase a cheap usb camera.
  4. dangle0905 Win User

Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

I have the same probably my xbox turns off for awhile when im streamjnf on mixer. With a webcam. I got the logitech webcam. My xbox does not turn off when im streaming without a webcam.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

flip the image on a usb camera connected to Xbox

Hello Sharky Xbox,

Thank you for your prompt response.

By the way we would like to ask few questiosns.

1. What is the make and model for your webcam?

2. What is the streaming provider you are using?

If there is no option in flip the camera to mirror image, is it happening to other streaming provider?

To use live stream with a webcam on your Xbox Console, you’ll need a 1080p webcam that has a YUY2 or NV12 format to stream with it. Most Logitech and Microsoft LifeCam webcams have this format. If you’re not sure which format your webcam has, check with the manufacturer.

For the best experience, we recommend these webcams:

• Microsoft LifeCam Studio
    • Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000
    • Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam
    • Logitech C930e Webcam

To take a mirror image:

• Plug your USB webcam into your Xbox.
    • Allow your camera to be used for live streaming if you haven’t already:
      • Press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to System & profile > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer and make sure you can use video for communications.
      • In the guide, go to Capture & share > Live streaming > Camera options and check that your camera is set to On.
    • Open a live streaming provider app and follow the instructions for streaming.
    • Start your live stream.

To stream from a live streaming provider on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, download the app for the provider you want to use. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Store > Apps. Find and select the app, and then select Install.

For your reference, see: Live stream with a webcam on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

How to live stream on Xbox

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. WebSaito Win User

Xbox one streaming with mixer power randomly going off.

Hi im also having the same issue, since im using webcam on xbox to stream on mixer. And the only way to stream was to disable camera so i can stream but its not a solution. I also tried on twitch and it was ok, i think that the real problem is the mixer
    app on xbox. Sadly its causing me to lose some audience, and i wonder when its going to be fixed.
Thema:

1. How can i use my phone as a webcam when im live streaming with my xbox - Similar Threads - phone webcam live

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up: Why don't Microsoft answer the phone or keep hanging up 8f537fc1-738c-4354-b32c-dc809e86171c
  4. How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my mobile data of my phone to my Xbox one: Can I please know on how to connect my mobile data of my phone to the Xbox one and to find my ssid of the red magic 8 pro 73f0e652-26db-4521-a2af-612da085d01f
  5. Phone wont connect with xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Phone wont connect with xbox: My phone will not connect with my xbox, xbox app settings do not appear under xbox setting after it says my connection is good to go f4578349-b277-4389-adc6-592aa3de5b0d
  6. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  7. My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won't connect to my Internet but it will on my phone and I don't want to reset the xbox: I'm trying to contact my xbox in a different house and It won't work I have tried most of the things it says to do and it works on all my other devices and I don't want to have to reset the xbox...
  8. I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...: I've checked microsoft settings and xbox settings and couldn't find anything. 08cd519f-2de5-4ee7-9e18-8602489936e6
  9. Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...: My xbox will not connect to my bt hub, I have taken it to another house and it works perfectly fine, any ideas 89af7179-0080-40a8-933b-6b13cc75ba39
  10. Phone as a Webcam, Xbox Series X/S

in XboX Insiders
    Phone as a Webcam, Xbox Series X/S: Hey Insiders! I come with a suggestion that I think would be awesome for a lot of us. I think it's awesome how we can stream from our Twitch app within Xbox. It would be absolutely awesome if we...