How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

Discus and support How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jonah Edwards, Mar 2, 2023.

1. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor?

I have an Xbox 360 Slim and I was wondering if I can use a Logitech BRIO as a Kinect sensor. I want to use this webcam because it fits on my TV. I would love to play Kinect games with this camera.

:)

Jonah Edwards, Mar 2, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No you cannot. Kinect has a great deal of additional hardware to a webcam
  3. [ A J ] Win User

Kinect as webcam for Series X?

Hi, Jex! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I understand you'd like to use a Kinect sensor with your Series X console.

Unfortunately, Kinect sensors are only compatible with Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles.

"The Kinect sensor and Kinect Adapter have been discontinued. You can still use your Kinect with your Xbox 360 or Xbox One, but the sensor is not compatible with Xbox Series X|S consoles."

Source - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

• The following support page has detailed instructions on how to set up a webcam for streaming, as well as webcam requirements and official recommendations:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Best regards.
  4. Jex the Ripper Win User

Thanks AJ for your response!

I know that the Kinect has been discontinued as a motion sensor/game feature but was just curious if the webcam portion of it would still work while I'm streaming games.

I have another webcam I can use, but the quality isn't as good as the Kinect camera.
  5. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Jex! thank you for your reply.

In my own experience, your console wouldn't even recognize there's a Kinect sensor plugged into it. You might see a change in your adapter's LED indicator, but sadly, the sensor wouldn't work as a sensor or a webcam.
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

What feature would you like to see on the next Xbox?

You can use any webcam there is no need for the kinect no more thats why it was shutdown
Thema:

1. How can I use any webcam as a Kinect sensor? - Similar Threads - webcam Kinect sensor

2. Microsoft Modern Webcam with MacOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Webcam with MacOS: So I just bought the Microsoft Modern Webcam and I am trying to use the mic. However, according to online sources the only way to turn on the mic is to use the Microsoft accessory center but there...
  3. Logitech c925e webcam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech c925e webcam: I have a logitech c925e webcam that was recommended to me specificallyfor streaming on xbox but when I plug it in to my series X it recognizes that a webcam has been plugged in but the webcam...
  4. My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too: Ive plugged my new webcam into my xbox and it isnt working i have gone to xbox support like it told me too and it didnt help at all so can u get back to me as soon as possible...
  5. Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox Series S ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox Series S ?: Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox series s 6fc35dec-475c-435f-b17b-db2cec78ce27
  6. Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?: I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use this...
  7. Kinect as webcam for Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect as webcam for Series X?: Hi there, I was wondering if it's possible to use the Kinect 2.0 (from the xbox one) as a webcam for streaming on my Xbox series X. I'm about to buy the adapter to allow the connection to my new...
  8. Kinect not recognized as webcam in twitch(Xbox one s)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect not recognized as webcam in twitch(Xbox one s): So i got my kinect and adapter working and i see everything it sees when i go into the kinect option in settings, but twitch doesnt see it as a webcam i have the Xbox insider app and all but it...
  9. Kinect as webcam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect as webcam: Hello , can I use the kinect as webcam for streaming direct xbox one to the web?(not using computer) 1e8156a3-2cff-4ad1-9fd2-b484d503bfaf
  10. Usb Webcam and Voice Commands without Kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Usb Webcam and Voice Commands without Kinect: Hello, I m from Pakistan i wanted to know Is this possible for Connect USB Webcam in Xbox1 without Kinect and Voice Command also works without Kinnect b33b8080-714f-4521-b393-b98b86dad9c5