How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.

Discus and support How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I never use Xbox, and am hurting for storage space. I tried to uninstall it, but can't. Why not? Is there another way?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SandyHoward1, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SandyHoward1
    SandyHoward1 Guest

How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop.

I never use Xbox, and am hurting for storage space. I tried to uninstall it, but can't. Why not? Is there another way?

:)

SandyHoward1, Jul 1, 2019
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

If you are using the latest version of Windows 10 (may 2019 1903 update), you right click the Xbox app/Console companion and select uninstall. Earlier versions of Windows 10 will not let you uninstall the app.
  3. Jurgen1488 Win User

This application is part of OS Win 10, you will not delete this application.
  4. Cerebral Paul Win User

Just FYI, the file size for the app is tiny, seriously. You won't recover a noticible amount of space deleting it.
  5. Geth Win User

Don't think you can. Sorry
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Sandy

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In order for you to uninstall the Xbox App from you laptop, you will have to use PowerShell commands, which will use an interface similar to the Command Prompt.

This can be done by following these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell in the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.

This sequence should allow you to be able to remove the app altogether.

If you are still running into issues after this, I would recommend posting this in the

Windows Forums
    , as they would better be able to assist you with removing applications on Windows operating systems.
Thema:

1. How can I uninstall the XBox App? I am looking for my memory space on my laptop. - Similar Threads - uninstall App looking

2. Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass for PC and EA app - Can't uninstall game at all: Title says it all. Game won't uninstall be it from the Game Pass app, the EA app or just using Windows' add/remove programs. No error message is given, I press uninstall and it just won't do...
  3. Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app wouldn't work -- uninstalled -- can't reinstall: Getting an error message when trying to install xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 c10dd042-6aa7-44a4-a8de-03843f3290c3
  4. Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't open apps such as Microsoft Store and Nvidia Control Panel after Uninstalling Gaming...: I was following a fix for the Xbox apps/microsoft stores gaming services not functioning and it said to delete gaming services from regedit. After doing this my pc has had problems such as in the...
  5. The xbox app will not reinstall after uninstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The xbox app will not reinstall after uninstalling: I am a PC gamer and the other day I was playing with my friends using the Xbox game bar and app while talking to them in a party. Then the next day the apps would not open, I stopped the processes...
  6. Xbox app uninstalled my game? (Windows 11)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app uninstalled my game? (Windows 11): Ive been experiencing difficulties updating and installing games (both of which are usually stuck at 0%) and after updating the xbox app, the game i was trying to update (Forza Horizon 5) had been...
  7. Xbox app on PC is uninstall the game right.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on PC is uninstall the game right.: I just uninstalled Age of Empire 4 from game pass PC, The game is about 84 GB big, but after uninstallation, there are still about 30GB missing from the hard drive, when I try to install back the...
  8. How Do I uninstall this app.

in XBoX on Windows
    How Do I uninstall this app.: I cannot uninstall this app from my computer. Every time I try it doesn't work. 0916cddf-6c0e-44a6-96fc-649c383e68e2
  9. Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to cancel an update without uninstalling the app entirely?: I’m trying to cancel an update so I can play this game offline but I have no way of canceling the update without uninstalling the entire game. I have no internet service where I am currently at...
  10. my xbox pc app wont update or install/uninstall games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox pc app wont update or install/uninstall games: hi I've tired to update several games and install new ones recently however most are stuck installing some at 100% I've tried resetting the store. The Xbox app. the gaming service. and even the...