How can I type accented characters using a physical keyboard on Xbox One?

Discus and support How can I type accented characters using a physical keyboard on Xbox One? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to learn a new language that isn't on the language select for keyboards, and it uses accented characters. Is there an input method that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by New Coke Official, Feb 5, 2023.

1. How can I type accented characters using a physical keyboard on Xbox One?

I'm trying to learn a new language that isn't on the language select for keyboards, and it uses accented characters. Is there an input method that keeps the overall layout of ANSII, but also includes accented characters?

:)

New Coke Official, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

3. Ambassador Kingz Win User

Holding A button when typing on the Xbox one keyboard from controller

Really? When i saw those accents i was hmm that's weird at first i thought it was a glitch not only letters pop up accents when holding down on them also numbers have accents too as well
    Yea, their all apart of the accent or international keyboard system. You can actually do this similarly on a regular computer keyboard, for more information I'd encourage you to take a look here: https://sites.psu.edu/symbolcodes/windows/codealt/ Start
    with "Letters with Accents" but you can explore a few other related topics there.
  4. EdragonXX Win User

Can I use smartglass as a keyboard?

Yes you can use SmartGlass as keyboard. Open keyboard on your Xbox One console, and it also opens keyboard automatically in SmartGlass. When I need to type something, I always use SmartGlass.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Chinese/Japanese letters as a name on Xbox.

You may be looking at their "real names", which are set to publicly display in their profile.

You can type any character in any language depending on your keyboard settings (e.g.

Windows 10
    ). Your real name is edited in the
    Microsoft account settings
  6. x24hrs2livex Win User

OK don't laugh, is there anyway to use a keyboard and mouse

A keyboard/mouse combo is highly unlikely. You can use USB keyboards with your xbox one to type messages and while using internet explorer
Thema:

1. How can I type accented characters using a physical keyboard on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - type accented characters

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my NAT type to open on my Xbox series X?: Just having trouble fixing my NAT type. 2614125e-f0eb-49fd-9bac-270a7cb428ba
  4. Cant type anything on xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant type anything on xbox series s: Keyboard works ok after factory reset when putting account but when i get all done and go to store trying to type anything i can only put 1 letter and goes crazy. The cursor goes in the corner of...
  5. How to keep NAT type as open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to keep NAT type as open?: Hello. Recently, I've gone through the process of changing the NAT type on my Xbox One X to open using the steps provided on Xbox Support, but after around a day, I've noticed that if the NAT Type...
  6. What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What type of monitor should I get for the Xbox Series X?: Hi there, I'm currently using a 24 inch, 1080p, 75hz monitor (Asus VG245H) for gaming on my Xbox Series X but I want to upgrade to be able to game at 120fps. I play FPS games (mainly Halo...
  7. Y my nat type on strict how to change it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Y my nat type on strict how to change it: Y my nat type on strict how to change it For me please ff130cad-fe47-4e46-a560-655bafd61a18
  8. Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open

in XboX Insiders
    Nat type moderate trying to make it Nat type open: Hello I’m using my iPhone 13 Pro to tether WiFi and I’m getting good speeds if I put phone by window like 250download and 40upload and -50latency but I’m in Nat type moderate and I’m trying to...
  9. Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I have a question what type of UPS do I choose for xbox series x off line or online ups: Where I live the power goes off sometimes and I don't want to damage my Xbox Series X So questions about the type of UPS needed is it off line or on line ups a95e996b-84b3-4d5e-abab-076fa5c29d65
  10. My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My NAT type shows Strict, I've tried port forwarding, restarting my router, as well as...: So my Xbox series X console will work normal sometimes for online gaming, showing I have am Open NAT type, then out of nowhere usually in the middle of gaming, goes to Strict NAT type. Have tried...