How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

Discus and support How can i turn my t.v. resolution down? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I made my tv resolution to high and now my xbox one wont play and it says "format not supported". How can i reset my resoluion?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mY gR33n Po1s0n, Jan 4, 2014.

1. How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

I made my tv resolution to high and now my xbox one wont play and it says "format not supported". How can i reset my resoluion?

:)

mY gR33n Po1s0n, Jan 4, 2014
  2. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    It wouldn't happen they said time and time again.

@coreldan i mentioned " turn my t.v over" meaning channels, i can turn my t.v & xb1 off with voice

nowaysis, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Dufodio
    Dufodio Guest
    "Xbox turn off" and T.V

I have my Xbox turn off my T.V when the Xbox turns off. The problem is that the Xbox logo flashes a few times when turning off and turns the T.V back on after turning it off.

Dufodio, Jan 4, 2014
  4. nowaysis Win User

It wouldn't happen they said time and time again.

@coreldan i mentioned " turn my t.v over" meaning channels, i can turn my t.v & xb1 off with voice
  5. E McSq Win User

XBox One picture is too large for TV screen.

Can you find a setting on your t.v called ”overscan"?

Check all possible menus on your t.v and hopefully you'll find an option to turn overscan on or off.

Turn it off.

Some older t.vs don't allow overscan to be disabled, but i hope this is not the case for you.
  6. Andrew_F90 Win User

Black screen

Make sure that the display settings are set-up for your T.V.s resolution. Your T.V may also need to switch to another setting for HDMI connected devices. My t.v has to be set to Movie or my Netflix won't play through my Xbox it also just gives me a black
    screen until I change the setting.
  7. CrossBoneDelta Win User

XBOX 360 to Monitor, but also has RCA compatability.

I already have one. The reason why I'm asking this is because my T.V. has terrible resolution and I'd like to play on a screen that doesn't make my gun look like it's censored.
  8. E McSq Win User

Am I Playing in HD or 480?

If your 360 is set to 480 then, no, your not seeing your games in HD.

HD resolutions are; 720, 1080i, 1080p.

Check the resolution of your T.V set to see which of the above three is best for you.

And if you want the very best picture quality, i recommend investing in an HDMI cable. The difference isn't huge, but there is a difference, and some T.Vs won't accept a 1080p signal with the cables you are currently using.
Thema:

How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

1. How can i turn my t.v. resolution down? - Similar Threads - turn resolution down

2. Turn off accessibility setting for visual impartment

in XBoX Accessibility
    Turn off accessibility setting for visual impartment: Xbox media player on most movies is playing audio description for visually impairment. The voice is describing everything on screen. This does not happen at all when using VLC another player....
  3. My game won’t turn on after purchasing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t turn on after purchasing: I purchased red dead redemption 2 during the Black Friday sale first the game wouldn’t pop up in my owned games library I ended up downloading it from my phone on the Xbox app after downloading...
  4. my hard drive wont load or turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my hard drive wont load or turn off: so recently my external hard drive is not being recognized on my xbox despite the fan spinning and it clearly being on my laptop can recognize it but not enough to reset the drive. Ill know there...
  5. my Xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to...: my xbox one x won't turn on with the controller i only get a blinking light so i have to turn it on by pressing the button on the console itself. But once I manually turn it on the controller...
  6. Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller shut down mid-game and won't turn back on (PC): Hi, My Xbox One controller shut down mid-game yesterday and won't start-up again. Connecting 2 different micro USB cables to 2 different chargers and a port on the pc made no difference. There is...
  7. xbox 360 keeps beeping and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 keeps beeping and turning off: My xbox 360 keeps beeping like i am pressing the button to turn it off, and turning off even though i am just trying to play a game. sometimes it even does it with the disk drive, but it doesnt...
  8. Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t turn on after changing batteries: My controller (series x style) started getting flat batteries last night and I didn’t have any new ones on me, so I borrowed some out of another device. Little did I know they were actually...
  9. Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off: My Xbox One S won’t stay turned on. I press the power button and it will turn on for one second then right back off and that’s all it’ll do. I’ve tried plugging it into different outlets to fix...
  10. AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen: AG10: Need to turn resolutions down on Xbox for it to work as nothing on screen Hi There, Try holding the power and eject buttons together until you hear 2 beeps. This resets teh resolution to...