How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

Discus and support How can i turn my t.v. resolution down? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I made my tv resolution to high and now my xbox one wont play and it says "format not supported". How can i reset my resoluion?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mY gR33n Po1s0n, Jan 4, 2014.

1. How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

I made my tv resolution to high and now my xbox one wont play and it says "format not supported". How can i reset my resoluion?

:)

mY gR33n Po1s0n, Jan 4, 2014
  2. nowaysis
    nowaysis Guest
    It wouldn't happen they said time and time again.

@coreldan i mentioned " turn my t.v over" meaning channels, i can turn my t.v & xb1 off with voice

nowaysis, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Dufodio
    Dufodio Guest
    "Xbox turn off" and T.V

I have my Xbox turn off my T.V when the Xbox turns off. The problem is that the Xbox logo flashes a few times when turning off and turns the T.V back on after turning it off.

Dufodio, Jan 4, 2014
  4. nowaysis Win User

It wouldn't happen they said time and time again.

@coreldan i mentioned " turn my t.v over" meaning channels, i can turn my t.v & xb1 off with voice
  5. dainja raas Win User

All in one Headset/headphones query

I have my Turtle Beach optical cable plugged into my t.v. Instead of the console , that way I can watch TV using the headset or play games , just turn TV volume down to zero when using them and bobs your uncle.
  6. E McSq Win User

XBox One picture is too large for TV screen.

Can you find a setting on your t.v called ”overscan"?

Check all possible menus on your t.v and hopefully you'll find an option to turn overscan on or off.

Turn it off.

Some older t.vs don't allow overscan to be disabled, but i hope this is not the case for you.
  7. Andrew_F90 Win User

Black screen

Make sure that the display settings are set-up for your T.V.s resolution. Your T.V may also need to switch to another setting for HDMI connected devices. My t.v has to be set to Movie or my Netflix won't play through my Xbox it also just gives me a black
    screen until I change the setting.
  8. CrossBoneDelta Win User

XBOX 360 to Monitor, but also has RCA compatability.

I already have one. The reason why I'm asking this is because my T.V. has terrible resolution and I'd like to play on a screen that doesn't make my gun look like it's censored.
Thema:

How can i turn my t.v. resolution down?

1. How can i turn my t.v. resolution down? - Similar Threads - turn resolution down

2. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  3. Series X turning off when starting certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X turning off when starting certain games: My Xbox Series X completely shuts down when I try to start certain games. I can watch hours of streaming video with no issues. I can play Hours of Mass Effect 3 with no issues. But when I try to...
  4. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...
  5. How do i turn off quick resume permanently?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i turn off quick resume permanently?: I was playing a game and lost hours off progress because of this,it happend before and i was tolerant but this is my last straw just wanted you do let you know that this is an issue and want too...
  6. Xbox series X not turning on TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not turning on TV: Hi there, I've had my Xbox Series X for a about a year now, when I first got it I set-up HDMI CEC and connected the HDMI cable to the eARC port on my Samsung smart tv with anynet+ (which is...
  7. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  8. Xbox Series X Not turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Not turning on: Hello. We have tried changing the HDMI Cables, No issues there at all. TV is working fine and also has no issues. We have tried to reset it but with no luck. Please help....
  9. My brand new xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new xbox controller wont turn on: I bought this controller about 2 months ago it just sat on my desk I didn’t drop it or anything then when I finally used it with completely new batteries it wouldn’t turn on so I tried plugging in...
  10. Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does turning off the Series S completely reduce its lifespan?: I only play on weekends and I would like to know if the console's useful life decreases as time passes by turning it off and on several times during the month. 7b9b27f0-f7bd-491f-9acf-d4e4be4e2770