How can I tell if I owe Microsoft money?

Discus and support How can I tell if I owe Microsoft money? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got a few emails about my credit card not being able to be charged but I stopped getting them so I don't know anymore if I do or not. I want to get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I Love Fedoras, Jan 6, 2014.

1. How can I tell if I owe Microsoft money?

I got a few emails about my credit card not being able to be charged but I stopped getting them so I don't know anymore if I do or not. I want to get Gold again but I'm afraid I might be charged $45 instead of $15 from unpaid debt I don't know about when
    I enter my credit card. How do I check if I owe an outstanding balance?

:)

I Love Fedoras, Jan 6, 2014
  2. G0DS F3AR
    G0DS F3AR Guest
    Suspension

Thank you so much, I can not tell you how infuriating it was to have this happen. I owe you one.

G0DS F3AR, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest
    I owe Microsoft money?

Why did you wait an entire year to find out about auto renewal? If you just spent a few minutes reading the XBL Terms of Service when you initially created the account you would have known about auto renewal and you could have
    avoded the entire mess you are in right now.

You will need to contact phone support and pay off the balance owed before you can add any more Live time to that account. And no pre-paid cards do not pay towards the balance owed.

Temhotabot, Jan 6, 2014
  4. How can I tell if I owe Microsoft money?

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

To check if you owe Microsoft money or your balance, please head over to
    https://account.live.com

However, the system may still charge you the amount you owe Microsoft for the Xbox Live Membership. Sooner or later you may have to pay them off.

To fully check, you could also phone up Xbox Live Support or request a call from them by going to
    Xbox One Support | Xbox 360 Support | Xbox Live and Billing Support and clicking onto contact us

You will then have to fill out a little form that decides which service best matches your issue you are having

I hope all of this helps with your question

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  5. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest
    You need to call phone support, select billing. From there they can tell you if you owe any money and yes, if the card you have on file was not able to be charged then you would most likely have incurred a debt. That would have
    to be paid before you can get gold again.

Temhotabot, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Thank you for answering! If I were to buy an Xbox Live Gold card for a few months/a year, would that not work until I paid the debt off? Or would it take off the months I didn't pay from it?

It is a bit frustrating because I hadn't used my Xbox for all those months and virtually forgot about the fact that I was autocharged the whole time for time I hadn't used. ):

I Love Fedoras, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Hey there

I am not sure about the question you asked about the system allowing you to use a code. I think it would be ok, however I would check with phone support as they will have a better understanding of what will happen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Jan 6, 2014
  8. Temhotabot
    Temhotabot Guest

If you owe MS money there will be a billing suspension on your account and a pre paid card will not resolve the suspension. Your best bet is to contact phone support.

Temhotabot, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

I am not sure about the question you asked about the system allowing you to use a code. I think it would be ok, however I would check with phone support as they will have a better understanding of what will happen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
  10. I Love Fedoras Win User

Thank you for answering! If I were to buy an Xbox Live Gold card for a few months/a year, would that not work until I paid the debt off? Or would it take off the months I didn't pay from it?

It is a bit frustrating because I hadn't used my Xbox for all those months and virtually forgot about the fact that I was autocharged the whole time for time I hadn't used. ):
  11. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

To check if you owe Microsoft money or your balance, please head over to
    https://account.live.com

However, the system may still charge you the amount you owe Microsoft for the Xbox Live Membership. Sooner or later you may have to pay them off.

To fully check, you could also phone up Xbox Live Support or request a call from them by going to
    https://support.xbox.com and clicking onto contact us

You will then have to fill out a little form that decides which service best matches your issue you are having

I hope all of this helps with your question

Regards,
  12. Temhotabot Win User

If you owe MS money there will be a billing suspension on your account and a pre paid card will not resolve the suspension. Your best bet is to contact phone support.
  13. Temhotabot Win User

You need to call phone support, select billing. From there they can tell you if you owe any money and yes, if the card you have on file was not able to be charged then you would most likely have incurred a debt. That would have
    to be paid before you can get gold again.
Thema:

1. How can I tell if I owe Microsoft money? - Similar Threads - tell owe Microsoft

2. So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".

in XBoX on Consoles
    So when is tells me "where do you want your save game to be".: I pressed on this console instead of the cloud is there anyway for I to get it back or (22d 23h 20m) lost forever? I am currently trying to get back into a game but I may have lost all my progress...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't log in to Klondike Adventures. The error message tells me that I need to log in to...: I have deleted cache & restarted the device (a kindle fire 10) 19c480df-745f-46c2-97cb-189f740be370
  5. Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex...: Please tell me there is a way to disable quick resume for a specific game. I play Apex legends and every time i turn my xbox back on to play Apex, i have to restart the game....
  6. Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell the Forza Moderators to Stop banning people just for Requesting the Aventador: Me and other random people are banned in Forza Forums just for requesting the Aventador Roadster, many people wanted the car added and voted for it to make it to the top, but they were removed....
  7. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  8. Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I link my ps4 account to my Xbox series X if so can someone tell me: I want to link my ps4 account to my Xbox so I can work multiversus because I forgot the email for it 1dccdd56-4736-4ea4-be97-2a5674900109
  9. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  10. Can Someone Tell Fortnite they owe me a new xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Someone Tell Fortnite they owe me a new xbox: Recently I’ve been playing Fortnite with my family and the new update has forced me to redownload the game 3 times because it crashes my Xbox but this time it has officially broken my Xbox and now...