How can I stop the Microsoft family features blocking my games?

Discus and support How can I stop the Microsoft family features blocking my games? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm over the age of 18 on my account AND out of the family group? How is it still blocking my games and trying to make me ask for permission?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 2xog Doveika, Nov 3, 2022.

1. 2xog Doveika
    2xog Doveika Guest

I'm over the age of 18 on my account AND out of the family group? How is it still blocking my games and trying to make me ask for permission?

:)

2xog Doveika, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

2xog, if you're playing on a console, you'll need to set up your account this way.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Let's set up your account then

Go to the top right corner, click on your avatar

click on xbox profile(warns me if it doesn't show up)

will open a green screen

click on privacy

will open another screen, with your gamertag and big photo in the center of it

below, it has 3 tabs, privacy, online security windows and xbox

in these 2 tabs, allow everything, and at the end of each one, click "send"

If you're on a PC, there might be a bug. Do it this way

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Go to the top right corner, click on your avatar

click on my microsoft account

will open a tab written my personal information

Click, and go to the date of birth

Change to 18+

Resend, if you already have.

Then log out of your account on the xbox app and log in again.

If it persists, reinstall the app

If it doesn't work, try looking for the game on the website and clicking install

And also look directly in your windows store, and try to install

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox one question

4. Daniel6591 Win User

THIS IS ***

People need to stop moaning about family sharing. Just because microsoft was going to allow you to share your game with 10 people does not mean the publishers will. They would have had the ability to block family sharing i believe. Questions for family sharing
    were left unanswered. Would players be able to play multiplayer through the sharing function? I would not be surprised if this family sharing was for singleplayer only. I am sorry, but i would rather take no drm and no always online check thing then a feature
    that could possibly turn out to suck tremendously.
  5. PEnRiCeDaVe Win User

Xbox game pass ultimate family sharing

Hi Randy

each if my two kids have their own accounts as family members already set up. What they want to do is use the online gaming features of xbox live under their own profiles on their own consoles. If they are part of my microsoft family group and i set my personal
    console as the hime console do they share ALL gamepass ultimate features (inclusive of live features) on their own profiles in their own consoles?

if not how can this be achieved?’

thanks
  6. Farscape247 Win User

not able to block specific apps in the Microsoft store on XB1 and XSX.

add them to family safety then you can block access to all games that you deem bad and stop them downloading stuff without asking. just look up family safety.
Thema:

1. How can I stop the Microsoft family features blocking my games? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft family

2. How do I stop this microsoft game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop this microsoft game pass: How do I stop this microsoft game pass dda29019-cf65-4bbe-bd72-f779e68028a4
  3. How do I stop Microsoft from accessing my bank account without my permission? When I can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I stop Microsoft from accessing my bank account without my permission? When I can...: How do I stop Microsoft from accessing my bank account without my permission? When I can not sign in to my account or Xbox profile to switch off recurring billing....
  4. Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft MUST STOP policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers: New policy regarding 'unauthorized' controllers could kill a huge number of honest devices. Especially the fighting game community, many of whom play on their custom and expensive devices (which...
  5. Lazy coders won't stop n word use on Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lazy coders won't stop n word use on Microsoft: Go online on any Xbox game you get yelled at screamed at an mass reported from the people who never get muted or banned. How come Microsoft you take my money tell me I have to play by the rules...
  6. Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim upgrade pack installs 99% but then stops on the b787 and won’t install...: So I brought the premium upgrade on Microsoft flight simulator and it installs is 99% of the way until it gets to decompressing the b787 and it just freezes and doesn’t install it I am on Xbox...
  7. Microsoft support stopped responding

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft support stopped responding: I sent all the information Microsoft support asked me to send 3 days ago and I still have not gotten a response on my locked account. Is there a phone number to call or a better way to get in...
  8. how do i stop microsoft from automatically signing me in to one account, when i have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i stop microsoft from automatically signing me in to one account, when i have...: I wish to log in to one of my Microsoft accounts to link an Xbox account to an Epic Games account, but every time the Epic Games website sends me to the Microsoft account login screen, it...
  9. How so stop login looping on all microsoft apps.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How so stop login looping on all microsoft apps.: My Microsoft account with Minecraft purchased can no longer sign in on the Minecraft launcher, minecraft.net, Xbox.com, and all other Microsoft things. This problem occurs on 2 Macs and 1 PC, but...
  10. What can we do to get Microsoft to stop being so sensitive along with this new generation?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What can we do to get Microsoft to stop being so sensitive along with this new generation?: I can curse, and it not be directed at someone, get banned, but someone sexually says something to me, or like in the past can talk about **** my baby sisters and they don't receive consequences....