How can I solve this issue with installing games on the Xbox App (PC)?

Discus and support How can I solve this issue with installing games on the Xbox App (PC)? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So after installing the xbox app, and having installed one game on Driver D: , now when I try to install a game it says this (see picture) and it won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Calin E, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Calin E
    Calin E Guest

So after installing the xbox app, and having installed one game on Driver D: , now when I try to install a game it says this (see picture) and it won't let me select anything - same thing happens if I go to setting

How can I solve this issue with installing games on the Xbox App (PC)? [​IMG]

:)

Calin E, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Calin E Win User

Thank you so much for your reply as it has fixed the issue!
    <3
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Calin

Please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

If maybe the issue persist, try this instead
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  4. ThiagoForell Mobus Win User

Green Install button when clicked briefly shows Preparing in grey then reverts back to green install button.

Here all games reverted to normality after a while.

I think it solved the problem when my pc used the microsoft store app to install/uninstall the games instead the xbox beta app, maybe you can try it
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Microsoft solitaire

Try to install it from the Xbox app, if you don't have the Xbox app installed on your pc, install it from the Microsoft store.

- If that doesn't solve the problem you will have to contact game support as this is not supposed to be happening.
  6. RafaelMouraB-DB3E4E3 Win User

XBOX LIVE GOLD now asking for subscription

Delete your Xbox App Pc Beta , update windows, Install Xbox App Pc Beta again, login and check if it solve.
Thema:

1. How can I solve this issue with installing games on the Xbox App (PC)? - Similar Threads - solve issue installing

2. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  3. Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x UPnP issue and NAT type moderate. how to solve the issue?: I am having issue with my Xbox series x connection . NAT type is moderate and UPnP not successful . How to solve this I tried what I could. Thank you 34f49f2f-1e2a-4c28-8c18-bea6ab4f7c46
  4. How do I the solve white screen issue when signing in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I the solve white screen issue when signing in?: I’ve seen a similar question on here before, but none of the solutions worked for me. When signing into my account, it shows flashes of a loading screen before going white and not allowing me to...
  5. series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    series x and s accounts. Need help from Microsoft or anyone else how to solve this issue.: My friends and I are unable to sgin into our Xbox series x and s accounts. We need help from Microsoft or anyone else. 073e8c44-da1d-4393-9e69-5c0b67e27e63
  6. how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i solve an issue with error 80151912?: I try several times the option of cleaning the cache but even with that it isn even working im still having issue that mi xbox 360 does not connect to xbox live even though i have a good internet...
  7. Error code : 0x80070026 on Seris X, how do I solve that issue ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code : 0x80070026 on Seris X, how do I solve that issue ?: How do I fix error code - 0x80070026. On the series x ? 97964b90-5b8b-4735-8a8a-17e00ba1fb7c
  8. Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are we any closer to solving the UHD bluray issue?: It is now Aug 2023, and no one still has any answers or reasons why certain UHD discs wont work on Xbox Series X. I have John Wick 4 and it will not play. I called tech support, and the gist of...
  9. “This disc’s region code is incorrect for this console….” Please how do I solve this issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “This disc’s region code is incorrect for this console….” Please how do I solve this issues?: This disc’s region code is incorrect for this console….” Please how do I solve this issues? 13e3b783-ff34-4611-b520-52fe472893f7
  10. How do I solve a ‘can’t connect to the DHCP server’ issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I solve a ‘can’t connect to the DHCP server’ issue?: We’ve re-booted and tried a new cable already. abcdb8d2-3852-4021-af22-7866b86a9d12