How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report...

Discus and support How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently had my account falsely permanently suspended from Halo Waypoint without any warnings, or being told/ shown what I did that warranted a zero... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by XxPWNAGExX3, Sep 16, 2022.

1. XxPWNAGExX3
    XxPWNAGExX3 Guest

How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report...

I recently had my account falsely permanently suspended from Halo Waypoint without any warnings, or being told/ shown what I did that warranted a zero warning ban. The reason for my ban was a vague "Account suspended: No constructive purpose to their actions other than creating dissent within the community". I haven't done anything that violates the rules laid out by Waypoint which can be seen here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/faq. My post history is also public, so you don't even need an account to see it. My post history can be seen here: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/u//activity

I asked the Halo Support Twitter account which I was later told by a mod on the Halo Discord that Halo Support only handles in-game issues. I'm not sure whether I can trust that now though, because I was banned from the Discord shortly after providing my GT upon request regarding my Waypoint ban. The reason given for the ban from Discord being "You have been banned from Halo for Highly inappropriate comments in profile".

I actually have a history with the most active moderator on Halo Waypoint from before the site was renovated which might shed some light on why this is happening, and why I'm now suspecting moderator abuse.

For context old Waypoint had a 3 flag ban rule with escalating bans every time you hit the 3 flag threshold. A post I had made was flagged by a certain moderator, and because I didn't understand why it was flagged I asked him through PM why it was flagged. The message went unanswered for about a week, so I made a post under General asking "Is it reasonable to expect a response from a moderator regarding a flag?". Within minutes of it being posted the very same moderator that flagged my original post replied "Yes" to the thread and he promptly locked the thread and flagged it. At this point I'm at my second flag. Some time later I did get into a somewhat heated argument with another user. The same mod that gave me 2 flags used that as grounds to skip over the 3 warning policy and permanently ban me. I had never hit the 3 flag threshold before, but there was a policy that severe offensives can skip to a permanent ban; however, the disagreement I participated in was pretty tame. At worst it should've earned a warning, or temp ban.

Once Halo Waypoint was renovated a couple months later all bans were lifted, so I figured that was the end of it. However throughout all of my time back on the site several of my posts have been getting flagged and hidden along with several bans being issued towards me despite me not breaking any rules. One of those bans was 30 days.

I made a post on Reddit regarding the matter earlier and I discovered that there are a multitude of other users who have had issues with the same moderator I have. I also learned from this post that multiple individuals that moderate Waypoint also monitor the Reddit page as well. In light of that I'm not sure if I'm wrong to suspect that the ban from Discord might be due to the same individual I've been having issues with given I was only banned after they saw my GT. I've even seen a few on Waypoint in the past from users calling him out.

I know I should just give up, but seeing as this moderator has a clear history of being a bully and abusing his position I want to escalate this as far as I can so that something is finally done about it.

Where can I send an appeal, and is there any way I can report the moderator in question?

:)

XxPWNAGExX3, Sep 16, 2022
  2. XxPWNAGExX3 Win User

How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report moderator abuse?

Thanks for the reply. It seems the ticket system only applies to games related issues/ bans. There is a page for Waypoint bans in that link, but it doesn't actually contain a means to appeal once I go to that section. I've sent a ticket regarding this issue anyway seeing as there's no means to report it, so hopefully the agent can pass it along to whoever would need to review it.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report moderator abuse?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this XXPWNAGEXX3

You can appeal to the ban from halo waypoint using this article:

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/artic...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, I was trying to check if maybe there is a way to appeal to a ban from Halo waypoint forums/account only. But I can't find something useful

Also, you can try creating (or asking to a friend) a thread on the forums to see if you can get a better response
  5. Smwutches Win User

How can I appeal a false suspension?

6. Smwutches Win User

How can I appeal a wrongful suspension ban

Thema:

1. How can I send a ban appeal for a false suspension from Halo Waypoint, and how can I report... - Similar Threads - send ban appeal

2. How long am I banned from sending messages

in XBoX Accessibility
    How long am I banned from sending messages: How long is my account restricted from sending messages a5a0dc66-58d5-4427-b963-fd100fd37a82
  3. Why can't I send messages after a 3-day comms ban?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I send messages after a 3-day comms ban?: I had a 3-day comms ban for Hate speech/Harassment; I agree with the suspension, but I still can't send messages after the ban. Is there a different suspension that I can't see? Just want to know...
  4. temp ban over, still can't send messages

in XBoX on Windows
    temp ban over, still can't send messages: I was suspended from 1/27/21 to 1/29/21 from using voice chat/messages. I still cannot send messages 3 weeks later. i am using the xbox app on my windows 10 pc. I have closed out and signed out...
  5. I got a communication ban, and i personally did not send the message. is there anyway to fix ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got a communication ban, and i personally did not send the message. is there anyway to fix ...: my friend was playing a game and got mad, sending someone a message. he got me a ban, can i fix that if i personally did not do anything? de9728c7-904a-47c3-94d8-28b9551972d4
  6. Where do I send information about a user who should need a ban?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where do I send information about a user who should need a ban?: Hi, I've recently been playing Forza Motorsport 7 and while playing online there's this one player who's very verbal and use very inappropriate language both to young players as well as adults....
  7. My ban has been removed but I am unable to send messages still

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ban has been removed but I am unable to send messages still: so I was banned from online gaming and messaging it then got lifted and but still can't send messages ? 2fcadd36-caac-4f9d-8de0-853091e8f747
  8. Comms Ban Lifted but unable to send messages or talk to friends in party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Comms Ban Lifted but unable to send messages or talk to friends in party: An account on our Xbox received a comms ban 2 weeks ago. The ban was lifted to day at 5:12 pm. It's currently 6:26pm and I'm still receiving messages stating I'm unable to message or speak in...
  9. My communication ban is done, but I still can't send messages or anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My communication ban is done, but I still can't send messages or anything.: I got three communication bans at once for calling a hacker some choice words, but after they ended I still can't send messages or talk on the mic through game or party chat, neither can my...
  10. Ban is lifted but is still saying I can't send messages and Privacy settings are preventing ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ban is lifted but is still saying I can't send messages and Privacy settings are preventing ...: i got my ban lifted on the 22nd of october and the 24th i am now able to play online, however I cant send messages or chat in parties. Please help with this issue. Thanks in advance...