How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on...

Discus and support How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I game offline since I have no internet connection at home. Occasionally I need to connect to a network for updates, or new games. I had almost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zuneslayer, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Zuneslayer
    Zuneslayer Guest

How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on...

I game offline since I have no internet connection at home. Occasionally I need to connect to a network for updates, or new games. I had almost completed Lego Indiana Jones offline. When I connected to a network to unlock some new xboxone disks, the xbox360
    games no longer worked offline. I had to connect to a network and re-install the xbox360 games. After I tried to play the xbox360 games, I found that my game progress was no longer there. This happened awhile ago, and now I find myself in the same situation.
    I noticed a checkbox for "keep my console up to date". Do I need to uncheck this before connecting to a network, load and save all my xbox360 games to the cloud, and then check for updates?

:)

Zuneslayer, Aug 4, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. AirChimera35922 Win User

Are updates mandatory for Xbox One X?

Hey ,

I would say this varies from developer to developer and how they want their games to function online and offline. For a majority of games updates are pushed and are mandatory. The game will notify you of an update and sometimes you get the option to dismiss
    it and continue playing offline. However, for games that thrive on online PVP, updates are almost always mandatory.

These updates are pushed to keep players on the same level playing field. Whether that is bug fixes, network consistency improvement, general maintenance to keep server pings low and lag spikes low, updates to game play, etc.

Other console companies are the same way as well.

Best,

Nozzle :)
    In other words the Xbox One X is the same as Xbox One and Xbox One S?
  3. At the Nozzle Win User

Hey AirChimera35922,

I would say this varies from developer to developer and how they want their games to function online and offline. For a majority of games updates are pushed and are mandatory. The game will notify you of an update and sometimes you get the option to dismiss
    it and continue playing offline. However, for games that thrive on online PVP, updates are almost always mandatory.

These updates are pushed to keep players on the same level playing field. Whether that is bug fixes, network consistency improvement, general maintenance to keep server pings low and lag spikes low, updates to game play, etc.

Best,

In other words the Xbox One X is the same as Xbox One and Xbox One S?
    Yes, Xbox One, one S, and one X work the same way. A good example is Fortnite which is developed by Epic Games. They push out an update and they decide if its mandatory or not. Fortnite being an online based games it is required. However for an RPG based
    game the developers may say, the update is only necessary if you wish to stay online and use Xbox live features. You can however dismiss the updates and play offline.

Hope this clears it up!

Best,

4. At the Nozzle Win User

Hey AirChimera35922,

Best,

5. Laska-94582D95-9955- Win User

games offline mode does not work

Hi,

This could be an error in the system update. I'll send a Microsoft Bug report and see what they can do about it. I believe it's difficult to play Xbox 360 games in offline mode on the Xbox One due to it requiring Cloud access and so on, but you should be
    able to play games offline if they are purchased by your gamertag, or if you have the disc. Try power cycling your console (push the glowing Xbox button for six seconds) and then hopefully you can restart it and try again to see if it works.
  6. Samfuju101 Win User

xbox not loading sign in after green screen

alright thats a bit of a relief, but will i still retain my progress in my games?
Thema:

1. How can I retain xbox 360 game progress from offline gaming after an update is pushed on... - Similar Threads - retain 360 game

2. Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location: Hi, Just as above really! Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 7f523000-e726-4140-ad72-8a146b99b135
  3. Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference: Dear Microsoft, This question has been askled by various users in various ways over the last couple of years, but all I can see are workarounds and registry edits to resolve. The issue is that...
  4. Series X does not retain Wi-Fi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X does not retain Wi-Fi connection: Everytime I switch my console on it does not automatically connect to the Wi-Fi. It also makes some clunky noises after logging in. It will not allow me to search for wireless connections, no...
  5. If I remove an email, will I retain my purchased apps?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove an email, will I retain my purchased apps?: My recent email was hacked but I recovered it but I'm still afraid the hacker might still be in my account. I'm changing my primary email on microsoft to another one. However I'm afraid of losing...
  6. Is anybody having problem that Sudoku does not retain completed games/levels?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anybody having problem that Sudoku does not retain completed games/levels?: I complete daily challenges but as soon as I close the website all records are erased. f961da94-1075-4fbd-b251-836b7cd6f4f8
  7. If I uninstall an XBox gamepass PC game, will I retain my saves?

in XBoX on Windows
    If I uninstall an XBox gamepass PC game, will I retain my saves?: I am a user of Xbox gamepass, on PC only. I would like to uninstall a game to make room on my hard drive, but I want to come back and pick it up later. Will me save be retained? Where will it be...
  8. why does daily challenges not retain previous days results

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does daily challenges not retain previous days results: Since November Microsoft Soduku has stopped remembering previous days results. Everytime I logon I have to start again with the months challenges. My other Microsoft games work as expected....
  9. Microsoft Sudoku not retain/displaying completion progress in Calendar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Sudoku not retain/displaying completion progress in Calendar: When I have completed a daily challenge in Microsoft Sudoku and then exit Sudoku, my completion does not show in the Calendar when I re-enter Sudoku Daily Challenge. I do not have this problem in...
  10. XBox One Failed, Internal Drive Good, Can I Use This Drive as External and Retain Game Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Failed, Internal Drive Good, Can I Use This Drive as External and Retain Game Data: My XBox One died, but the internal hard drive is still good. How can i use this drive as an external on my new XBox One, or what information can I copy to a new external without losing any game...