How can i recover my account from a hacker?

Discus and support How can i recover my account from a hacker? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Let me start my stating that this account (Z********e) is a backup that I've had to use since my main has been stolen from me. My Microsoft account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ezekiel Stuck, Jan 27, 2023.

1. How can i recover my account from a hacker?

Let me start my stating that this account (Z********e) is a backup that I've had to use since my main has been stolen from me.

My Microsoft account that I had been using for years was taken over sometime earlier this year (2022) and no amount of support has been able to help me get it back thanks to one simple problem: The accounts recover email has been changed to the hackers email at a "@dropjar" address that was used by hackers that is no longer active and they removed my phone number from the recovery options.

All times that I have used the Account Recovery process, I have been able to prove my identity and ownership of the account, even as far as to be able to change the account password. However, any time I try to sign into the Microsoft Account, it requires a recovery code to be sent to the "@dropjar" email address that I had never used as a recovery email and my phone number is no longer an option. The only other option I am left with as far as recovery, is to input the accounts 20-something digit recovery code that I neglected to generate for the account.

So my question: How can I recover this account? Is there any hope at all that I can get back this account that I spent over a decade and thousands of dollars on? I can provide ANY proof needed to very the account is mine. I just don't want to start over again.

***Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from picture. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy. ***

:)

Ezekiel Stuck, Jan 27, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

How can i recover my account from a hacker

Hi Darrius P! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

I'm sorry to hear that someone stole your account. In such cases, the only thing you can do is submit a recovery form. If you can still perform actions with your email, you can fill out the recovery form and the responsible team will help you recover your account.

Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

If it is not possible to send a recovery form, I advise you to contact support directly since they can help you with this problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/

If this information is useful to you, let me know, otherwise I'll be happy to help you!

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Ezekiel Stuck,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you lost access to your Microsoft Account and unable to recover it. Let’s us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured; we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

This is a Microsoft Account recovery issue that we are unable to resolve on our end. We don't have a recovery tool as it deals with personal information and is considered part of privacy. Since you have been through the recovery process with success, you may try to submit another ticket and provide as much info as possible to help you possibly recover the account.

You may visit this link for account recovery Help with the Microsoft account recovery form.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

How can I recover my Minecraft account from a hacker?

Hi Duncan! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft/Minecraft account being compromised.

From the official Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245 Kindly try to follow the instructions in the interactive tool in order to recover your account.

If the steps above didn't work, you will need to reach out to Microsoft Xbox Support for further escalations as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case.

According to Microsoft Agent | Moderator, XBF Brad A and Xbox Ambassador, CosmicCraze:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-support/988332e4-631f-457c-8bc8-210e7a19be37 and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-chat/b75d470e-8c19-4399-bcc9-e6e0bc2ec2fd

Here's how to contact Xbox Support:

"Chat Support:

> Visit the Xbox Support website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
    > Click on the "Contact Us" button in the right of the screen.
    > Select the issue you need help with and click on the "Next" option.
    > Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    > Follow the prompts to connect to a live chat agent.

For Callback Support:

> Select Xbox One
    > Select See more options then subscription changes
    > Select Show Contact options
    > Select Request a call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives a request for a call from support as a contact option.

If you're unable to contact them, try again at a later time."

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Cappy . Win User

Account recovery is too confusing

I am trying to recover my microsoft account that is linked to my minecraft of which have been migrated from mojang. How could i know the email if the hacker has changed it?
  6. ISUCKKIMSTIT5 Win User

Possibly hacked

Can they check the date the console signed in? Because it was only about an hour ago I let my friend recover to prevent the hacker from using my account. I have exactly how many hours ago I seen it playing on Modern warfare 2.
Thema:

1. How can i recover my account from a hacker? - Similar Threads - recover account hacker

2. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  3. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  4. Trying to recover my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to recover my account: So in 2020 I reseted my Xbox and lost my twirlingcelling60 account. I’m trying to recover it but I don’t know any information on it. I’ve also been paying Xbox gold on it without knowing for a...
  5. How do I recover my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I recover my account?: Hello. My Microsoft account, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***, recently got stolen. I tried to reset it before, but said hacker got the account again. What should...
  6. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  7. How can i recover microsoft account after hacker changed email adress?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover microsoft account after hacker changed email adress?: Like a month ago i got a virus and the hacker hacked my microsoft account and changed the email. Now i wanted to download minecraft but it was on the other account. Is there a way for me to...
  8. How can i recover my account from a hacker

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover my account from a hacker: [img] [img] my account was hack and they changed my email,number, and name on my account..... i just dont know what can i do! 6041c7fe-5457-4083-8d6e-3726964c2671
  9. My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...: My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want to revert it back. Pls someone help me 2a67077c-60fd-4159-be58-ca3cb1c093df
  10. How do i recover a deleted microsoft account? Mine was deleted by a hacker and i want it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i recover a deleted microsoft account? Mine was deleted by a hacker and i want it...: my account was deleted and i want it back b89c0ced-9e46-4087-8847-3086897b5e1c