How can I re-install the Minecraft launcher?

Discus and support How can I re-install the Minecraft launcher? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Minecraft launcher has worked on this computer before. It was taking a while to load so I clicked reset in the settings. When I go back to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JelliedLlama262, Mar 23, 2023.

1. How can I re-install the Minecraft launcher?

The Minecraft launcher has worked on this computer before. It was taking a while to load so I clicked reset in the settings. When I go back to the Microsoft store to re-install it the button was blue. I clicked it, it went gray for a minute or two, and then turned blue again without installing anything or giving any error messages. I'm on windows 10. I have tried resetting the Microsoft store.

:)

JelliedLlama262, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi JelliedLlama262, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Sorry you’re going through this. Let’s try some stepson to isolate the issue. Kindly check if you have any pending updates using this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... or select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates.

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
  3. LouieAndrade Win User

Minecraft Launcher not opening

I went to re-install it and now Minecraft Launcher won't even freaking install. NOTHING will. What do I do?
  4. A.Stav Win User

my minecraft wont uninstall

If I do this will it also uninstall the launcher so I can delete my entire Minecraft then re install off the minecraft.net website because like I said in the first message I cant uninstall the launcher and if I delete the .Minecraft file (without deleting the Launcher) am worried it could cause problems with my game all together.
  5. Nuha Al-Kazemi Win User

Can't redeem minecraft java edition

Same here, I own Minecraft for Windows 10 but nothing recognizes it. Minecraft.net claims I do not own it, the Xbox app says I own no games, and even though I can sign into the launcher it says "Failed to create profile" whenever I press "Play"

After uninstalling and re-installing everything, as well as signing out of every account, the only difference is that I am now also unable to install the Minecraft launcher. I installed a fan-made launcher and it also claimed I did not own the game.

If there is a way to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

Problema login no minecraft [Problem login in minecraft]

Have you tried installing uninstalling the Minecraft Launcher and installing the launcher through the Xbox app?

If possible, can you provide a step-by-step process on how you are trying to launch the game and when and where you are experiencing the issues?
Thema:

1. How can I re-install the Minecraft launcher? - Similar Threads - install Minecraft launcher

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems installing Minecraft launcher on PC: I am trying to download Minecraft to my PC. I have gone through the process and purchased it. I do not own an XBox. It gives me this error code about the launcher: 0x803F8001. When I go to the...
  4. CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher: CMD popping up and closing instanly when installing minecraft launcher, is it normal? 6c0279a6-e41a-455d-b8bd-6d1eeac804f4
  5. Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Installer for Launcher Freezes: I bought minecraft for my laptop and when I try and click “install” on the launcher installer, the entire application freezes up. I’ve checked to make sure that I’m logged in to my minecraft...
  6. Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher won't install - error code: 0x8007007e: Minecraft Launcher will not install from the Microsoft Store. I click "Install" and it thinks for a while and the blue "Install" shows up again. I tried installing on the Xbox app, but I get the...
  7. Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x89235106 when trying to install Minecraft Launcher: I always get Error 0x89235106 when trying to install the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store. I have an Internet connection and no Problems installing other apps. When trying to install...
  8. I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Minecraft for Windows from the Minecraft Launcher or alone from Xbox, I...: I have been trying to install Minecraft for windows on my pc for 3 days now, I have the Minecraft launcher but every time I try to install the windows version it says "waiting on install" and it...
  9. Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Launcher wont (re)install.: I have recently tried to open my minecraft launcher before it redirects me to the microsoft store in order to update. I click download/update and after about 5 seconds it comes up with an error -...
  10. Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing Minecraft Launcher crash with code 0x80070490: When I try to install new MC launcher update, it immediately crash with code 0x80070490 a9da8ca2-4586-4783-b312-2a4566a90f11