How can i prevent others from connecting to my xbox headset?

Discus and support How can i prevent others from connecting to my xbox headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Me and my neighbour are not on good terms. Everytime that i am gaming he is connecting to my xbox headset and my headset shuts of for a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RT888_554, Mar 21, 2023.

1. RT888_554
    RT888_554 Guest

Hello,

Me and my neighbour are not on good terms.

Everytime that i am gaming he is connecting to my xbox headset and my headset shuts of for a few sec. Its really annoying.

How can i prevent this?

:)

RT888_554, Mar 21, 2023
  2. RT888_554 Win User

Thank you for taking the time to react.

how can I change the default password from my headset? Or put a pin it? I have the wireless xbox headset

Ive tried changing my Xbox settings to not be able to connect to Xbox app and also disabled playing from a distance and also streaming gameplay thingy disabled. But he still keeps interfering with my headset and controller…

Ps. He also connect to my Xbox in general even though I adjust the settings
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Here are a few steps you can take to prevent others from connecting to your Xbox headset:

Change the default password: If you haven't already, change the default password for your Xbox headset. This will prevent anyone from being able to connect to it without your permission.

Adjust the settings on your Xbox: You can adjust the settings on your Xbox to ensure that only authorized devices are able to connect to your headset. Go to Settings > Devices & Accessories > Xbox Wireless Controller > Volume > Headset Audio, and make sure that "Headset mic" is set to "On."

Use a wired headset: If you're using a wireless headset, consider switching to a wired headset. This will make it much more difficult for someone to connect to your headset without your permission.

Move your Xbox to a different location: If all else fails, consider moving your Xbox to a different location where your neighbor won't be able to interfere with your headset.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox One X - Headset Audio Issues via Controller

Hello PaulB_0612, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your headset.

As much as I know you don't want to hear this I do believe the issue is with the controller itself as your other one works fine. Even though you can still hear yourself in the headset when testing and the system hears your voice the 3.5 mm jack could still be loose but with just barely enough of a connection to give a false test with the sound. This is proven by the fact the other controller is working fine with the headset.

To prevent the other controller from eventually doing the same thing I would recommend either getting an Xbox Headset Adapter for your controller or upgrade to a compatible wireless headset.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

How to stop the Xbox headset turning on the console

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately the only to prevent that would be unplugging your Xbox console from the power source. The headset uses the Microsoft's proprietary wireless connection, which is the same as the Xbox controller and it automatically powers on the console.
  6. Jake12a Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth

Hi Kathy,

Yes, I can confirm I was updating the headset through the Xbox Accessories App.

Winver shows it's Windows 11 22H2 (22621.674).

As for other headsets - this is my only BT headset, others (with jack connection) are properly shown as headphones.
Thema:

1. How can i prevent others from connecting to my xbox headset? - Similar Threads - prevent others connecting

2. How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I prevent my Xbox One from getting bootlooped?: This is the second time I’ve had to factory reset my Xbox, how do I prevent this issue and how do I fix it if it happens again? submitted by /u/KozyKamper266 [link] [comments]
  3. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  4. How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent a child from leaving family safety?: My 14 years old is able to leave the family group. How can i prevent it? 9d32f861-e576-4990-a473-f99459314cd1
  5. How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I prevent a child from using a parent account on our home Xbox *without* a passcode?: Hi everyone, My problem: I have two kids, 7 and 9. They each have their own accounts on the Xbox and have appropriate controls and limits in place. Except they both have unrestricted access to...
  6. How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you stop xbox cloud gaming from randomly disconnecting/ how to prevent "Sorry, queue...: I was playing a game and I was randomly disconnected. I now have to wait 4 hours. My internet is good and my computer is running fine. I've cleared cache recently. Is there an outside factor that...
  7. Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Profile name change by daughter is preventing me from playing my games: My daughter changed my Xbox profile name and now when I try to play my games the saves won’t load. I’m specifically playing Elden Ring and when I start the game it tells me it has to load the new...
  8. How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I prevent the extremely annoying full screen ad from popping up when I turn my...: I paid for a console I pay for gamepass I don't want a full screen ad I have to click past whenever I turn my console on extremely disappointed how do I make sure I never get them again...
  9. How to prevent others from starting apps from phone.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to prevent others from starting apps from phone.: I have Spotify and YouTube installed on my Xbox because I use them frequently. My roommate likes to remotely start YouTube on my Xbox from his phone or switch which music I’m playing. This is...
  10. Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app stuck on "Checking for updates" preventing me from downloading any other game.: Two days ago my Gaming services "died", Xbox app, as said in the title, is constantly checking for updates preventing me from downloading anything else, if I try to cancel the download it gets...