How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S.

Discus and support How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My brother who has a Xbox One X, owns Need For Speed Heat on a disc and I tried to do a network transfer so I can play the game with him I downloaded... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Patryk Masaniec, Dec 4, 2022.

1. How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S.

My brother who has a Xbox One X, owns Need For Speed Heat on a disc and I tried to do a network transfer so I can play the game with him I downloaded the game and it still wont let me play. Is there anyway of fixing this issue?

:)

Patryk Masaniec, Dec 4, 2022
  2. dempup Win User

New xbox generation

Hi There.

You are not able to use external Disc drives or network transfer of gaming disc to the Series S.

The Series S is digital download only and physical game discs are not usable on the system.
  3. Lewis Gregson Win User

Why does the game gave me error code 0x89245201

I network transferred CoD Cold War from my xbox one to series s that was on disc and now I'm getting this error code and the game won't start, can this be fixed?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Trouble with network transferring

Keep in mind this does NOT work for.disk games

Xbox series s is NOT compatible with disk games

If some of those are the games you are trying to network transfer it won't work

Disc games require verification since you don't have a disc drive you cant verify

Keep in mind you have to watch your file sizes

I'd cut down your disc games installs to.make room

The series s only has 512 gigs of space some of which is used by the os and system updates reservation

If anything you are better off using an external hdd and pluging it in

But if you are trying to network transfer disc games it doesn't remove the requirement and it will only slow you down for something that won't work

Network transfer of disk games only work on consoles with disc drives

Not digital only consoles

The only games that work kn the series s is digital only and bc titles that are digital
  5. Patryk Masaniec Win User

Is there anyway to switch his disc game to a digital version??
  6. Smwutches Win User

The only way would just to be to purchase it again digitally.
Thema:

1. How can I network transfer a disc game to the Xbox Series S. - Similar Threads - network transfer disc

2. Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any help on my Network Transfer being slow?: I just bought a used Xbox series x to replace my Xbox one s. I am trying to transfer my games between the two consoles through network transfer but it is going incredibly slow. It is downloading...
  3. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  4. Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Local network transfer from one S to series x isn’t working.: I recently got the series x and I managed to transfer most of my games over to my new Xbox but for some reasons reason the last few games don’t want to install, and when I try the ‘mbps’ doesn’t...
  5. Network transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer: Can you turn off network transfer when all of your games have finally been downloaded in your new Xbox 6cd0119f-07bb-46d7-b451-a1f9d0726b47
  6. Do i need to network transfer for disc games??

in XBoX on Windows
    Do i need to network transfer for disc games??: Im currently switching to a series X from my one s and i was wondering if i need to network transfer for disc games for instance i have forza horizon 5 on disc which i played on my one s but want...
  7. xbox turns off during network data transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox turns off during network data transfer: Hi Microsoft: 4 Questions: 1). Xbox turning off during data transfer: I am trying to transfer all info possible from my old Xbox one to new Xbox X. When doing so, it takes a long time. Each...
  8. How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I transfer clips and screenshots from Xbox Network to OneDrive?: I have spent the last couple of days trying to back up my captures from my Xbox to the onedrive. I have upgraded my storage to 100GB of space. I have just over 10GB of captures to upload, so space...
  9. installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...: ok so before i put the game onto my series s i accidentally installed a trial of the game i was going to install, now after i network transfered it it wont let me play the full version and is only...
  10. After network transfer, still need disc to play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After network transfer, still need disc to play?: My kids each have their own XBOX. Both are hooked up to our home WiFi network. One kid owns Battlefront II and likes to do multiplayer. The other kid wants to also do multiplayer, on his own XBOX,...