How can I get Xbox Game Bar to show the option to "remember this is a game"?

Discus and support How can I get Xbox Game Bar to show the option to "remember this is a game"? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to get Xbox Game Bar to stop background recording of footage from Elden Ring, without disabling background recording for every other game.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by claus___, Nov 27, 2022.

1. claus___
    claus___ Guest

I am trying to get Xbox Game Bar to stop background recording of footage from Elden Ring, without disabling background recording for every other game. Normally, I could do this by unchecking "remember this is a game" in the Game Bar settings, but the option simply does not appear when I have Elden Ring open. (See the screenshot.)

How can I get Xbox Game Bar to show the option to "remember this is a game"? [​IMG]

Without this option, I cannot disable background recording for Elden Ring specifically. How can I make the "remember this is a game" option show up again?

I have already tried closing Xbox Game Bar with Task Manager and reopening it, as well as reinstalling Xbox Game Bar.

:)

claus___, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi claus___.

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you.

However, before we proceed, we would like to ask some questions about it.

1. Did you check if you were able to tick it on the settings? The 'Remember this as a game' option will stop Windows Asking if the app you are running is a game or not if it's un-ticked.
    2. Any changes made that may cause the issue?
    3. When did the issue started?
    4. Drivers and game services should be updated.
    We know you might have done this but just in case you missed something.

This is helpful tips.

Collapse all How to check Launch a game or app. Press Windows Start button + G to open Game Bar, then choose Settings > General. Select or clear the Remember this is a game check box. If you don’t see this setting, it means Game Bar already recognizes your game. Did this resolve the issue?

We found articles that might help you solve the problem. Kindly follow the steps on this link. How to make Xbox Game Bar remember or forget a game | Xbox Support.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello claus___,

I hope that you are doing well and my sincere apology for belted reply.

I feel like you still need help with your concern, and I would love to give you additional information/troubleshooting for your concern.

Based on my additional research, and consultations from other technical experts, we have gathered the following results. Please try to follow the additional steps below.

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
      • Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:
        1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
        2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

1. Wait for the process to finish.
    1. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    2. Sign into the Microsoft Store and please update all the Xbox apps by following this guide: Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
    I sincerely hope this will help you achieve your desired resolution. Furthermore, I would love if you would re-engage so we can come up together with a favorable result.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. claus___ Win User

I am trying to untick the box for "remember this is a game," not tick it. None of the advice here is helpful.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Hello claus___,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Lizardcsd Win User

How to remove game bar?

Yeah I YouTube that and there was some instructions but however when I opened the Powershell showed my name. Then when I entered the command it did not work possibly I didn't have one horizontal vertical bars in the command. Not sure how to get to show run as administrator meaning I did not have the option when I opened the Power shell. I also tried to disable it by talking off the game bar terminating it. It didn't work but this time I restarted it to see if windows can remember my settings to see if that works. My main beef with the game bar and it just keeps popping up every 2 seconds but mainly I'm not using it so I'll try to uninstall it at some point or at least it's disable it down if that's the easiest way.
Thema:

1. How can I get Xbox Game Bar to show the option to "remember this is a game"? - Similar Threads - Game Bar show

2. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything): For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I started to update it. When it was done the game...
  3. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  4. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  5. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  6. Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar/App Social activity status is showing "Online" instead of Playing: "Call of...: As the title states, the Xbox app/Game Bar is not recognizing "Call of Duty MW3" as a game. The social status/game activity displays as Online only. Although all privacy settings are set to Allow....
  7. game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing

in XboX Insiders
    game bar "upload to cloud recorded video" feature no longer showing: https://imgur.com/BshxJJt this started about 2 months ago i think, I was really enjoying the app as it's easy to use and I can upload and share gaming clips with my friends without having issues...
  8. Xbox Game Bar (PC) not showing many Epic Games Store game status

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar (PC) not showing many Epic Games Store game status: Xbox Game Bar not showing my game-playing status for many Epic Games Store games like Alan Wake 2 (even though it shows Rocket League and Fortnite). Also doesn't show Steam game status even...
  9. The social part of my xbox game bar isnt working it just says '' we cant show your friends...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    The social part of my xbox game bar isnt working it just says '' we cant show your friends...: Hi, the social part of my xbox game bar doesnt work at all it wont load messages or load my friends list at all and has been doing this for months ive tried loads of fixes on these forums ive...
  10. Game bar doesn't showing gpu stats

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't showing gpu stats: Hi,can somebody help me with game bar , actually it doesn't show me gpu stats , have anyone experienced it , 10 days ago it used to show gpu , but ... 689e1105-9623-4d31-b9fb-0235bbdf5435