How can I get warranty on a xbox design lab controller without losing my customizations?

Discus and support How can I get warranty on a xbox design lab controller without losing my customizations? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought the most expensive controller ever for my wife's birthday. Its a custom elite 2 controller with every accessory I can think of. Surprisingly,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Victor Hernandez Guzman, May 25, 2023.

1. How can I get warranty on a xbox design lab controller without losing my customizations?

I bought the most expensive controller ever for my wife's birthday. Its a custom elite 2 controller with every accessory I can think of. Surprisingly, the controller stopped working a couple of weeks after we got it, the A button sometimes doesn't work and the triggers on the back also have this problem. I tried sending it to warranty until I learned from the warranty web page they may not send my controller back and on top of it, if my color is not available they may send a different color combination. Since this control is completely custom there is no way they will have one like this one and its almost guaranteed I will loose the customization. So I cannot send it for warranty without loosing half of the value of the controller I paid. What are my options! Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Victor Hernandez Guzman, May 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

How can I get warranty on a xbox design lab controller without losing my customizations?

Hi Victor! I am sorry to hear about what happened. I know how that feels.

Unfortunately, if you send it for a replacement, you may get a different variation since it's a customized controller and most likely they would only replace it and not going to repair it.

You may try to contact the Xbox Support team if they would be able to give you other options.

Go to https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    Select Contact us.
    Under “What are you having trouble with?” select Hardware & network.
    Under “What’s the issue?” select Warranty, service & repair.
    Under “Where are you seeing it?” select Other device.
    Describe your issue, and then select Next.
    Select See contact options.
    Sign in to the Microsoft account that you used to purchase the controller, and then select Request a call.
    Or you could select Chat online.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Controllers

Hello APEX Scarlet,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how long the warranty for the Xbox Design Lab controller is. The standard warranty for a controller is 90 days. The warranty for the Xbox Design Lab controller
    is 120 days from the day that you receive the controller. We hope this information helps!
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Designer labs controller

Hi SuspectedFlyer7,

Thanks for the reply! In regard to a Design Lab controller, they have a 120 day standard warranty, the Elite has a full year and any standard or other controller/accessory is subject to the 90 day warranty. Here are a couple of handy support articles that
    you may find useful in regard to Design Lab controllers:

Xbox Design Lab and Xbox Design Lab controller help

Design Lab Controller Frequently Asked Questions

As you're having an issue with a design lab controller, you may wish to go ahead and
    request a call back from Xbox Support to see if they can get you sorted out in regards to a repair or replacement, or what they would recommend in this situation. Just be aware
    that it may take a bit more time for servicing as Design Lab controllers are custom fabricated for each individual.

I hope that this information helps you out a bit more!
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox One Design lab Controller

6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller modification (old version)

Thema:

1. How can I get warranty on a xbox design lab controller without losing my customizations? - Similar Threads - warranty design lab

2. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  3. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  4. Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I extend my warranty on my Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Crafted controller longer than the...: I would like to purchase an extended warranty for my Xbox Series X Elite 2 Design Lab crafted controller. As I saw on Reddit and some other sources that you could purchase an extended warranty for...
  5. Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Defectuous mouse in warranty waiting for replacement.: I own a 3500 Lochness mouse that had it's scroll wheel stop working recently. It was purchased Aug/2023 and it has a 3 year warranty. Local retailer pointed me to Microsoft's support since they...
  6. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  7. Design lab warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Design lab warranty: I have a custom design lab elite series 2 with an unresponsive bumper and I'm unsure of what will happen when I send it in. Will it be repaired or will it be replaced? And if it's replaced will it...
  8. Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Design Lab Controller Extended Warranty Question: Hello! I am currently in the market of buying an Xbox Elite 2 controller through Design Lab. I've been reading a lot of comments, forums, and even heard through some reviews on YouTube that speak...
  9. Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 design lab warranty: Hi there, I read on Reddit that you can call and request an additional 2 year warranty on top of the standard 1 year limited warranty that the controller already comes with for $20. Personally I...
  10. Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Series 2 Elite Controller Warranty: If my custom series 2 elite controller’s right bumper stopped working. When i send it in to get a replacement, will I get my custom design back? 0dd48079-2e6d-40a0-93d5-92e193eab61a