How can I get RayTracing to work on Series S ??

Discus and support How can I get RayTracing to work on Series S ?? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Tryna find out how to get RayTracing to work on Xbox without needing a PC, Ive seen a few sites suggest tester pack but I'm unaware or packs that work... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Og_Elon, Nov 24, 2022.

1. /u/Og_Elon
    /u/Og_Elon Guest

Tryna find out how to get RayTracing to work on Xbox without needing a PC, Ive seen a few sites suggest tester pack but I'm unaware or packs that work on xbox. Any advice will be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Og_Elon
    [link] [comments]

/u/Og_Elon, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Help Cold War raytracing series S

Hi,

The Series S version of Cold War does not have the raytracing feature.
  3. dempup Win User

How to play old games on XBOX Series S (disc versions)

Unfortunately yes. Or go for the Series X instead, if you still want an optical drive.

You can still use your Account on both consoles and use your Witcher 3 digital purchase on the Series S. CD Project Red has even announced that there will be a free update for Series S/X for current Witcher 3 owners, to utilize the power of your new system,
    like raytracing and faster load times.
  4. johnbarker8 Win User

Black Ops Cold War -Ray Tracing and HD Assets not downloading

I own the digital x/s version and had it installed (with HD assets) on the series s back in dec, just bought a series x this week transfered my games over looking forward to turning on raytracing to find it nowhere to be downloaded not on the install files or anything. Weirdly though I do have the install of HD assets still but that may have been from transfer between consoles instead of downloading it from the Internet.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

So I'm thinking of buying a new Xbox series s.

the tv for xbox needs to be 4k to support hdr, raytracing will work but your image is gonna look pretty poor, you would be better getting a cheap used monitor about 27" and at least 1080p or another cheap tv. 120fps will not work, you need a proper high refresh monitor which supports console 120hz or a very expensive tv that supports high refresh.

series s cannot upscale to your tv, it would have to downscale as your tv does not have the ability to show more that 720p.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

how do vulkan games like doom eternal run on xbox

Pretty sure they're not using Vulkan on Xbox.

How they run depends on what console you're using. On Series X they're excellent, and Doom Eternal even has raytraced reflections on the Series X hardware. The RT can drop the FPS to just below 60 occasionally, but it's largely flawless.

On the now older Xbox One S their resolution is limited to around 900P, but they run much smoother and in higher res on the One X and Series X.

If you've got a Series X, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus and Wolfenstein Youngblood play really well. No major performance issues. Digital Foundry on YouTube have conducted extensive tests on these games. I would check them out.

Doom Eternal Next-Gen Upgrade: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/ Series S - All Modes Tested
Thema:

1. How can I get RayTracing to work on Series S ?? - Similar Threads - RayTracing Series

2. Xbox series s won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't turn on: I replaced the power cord and power supply also the fan and still won't turn on 7234e759-6528-46c0-b8db-966648941b0b
  3. Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x87DD0017 when signing in on xbox series s: My xbox series s suddenly started giving the above error code when I try to sign in. Everything I've looked up says its a network problem, but my internet is working perfectly, on the console and...
  4. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  5. Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have an Xbox series X only 6 months old, i have direct fibre broad band, im hanging in...: NOTICE Unable to connect to a data center, please check your internet connection and try again. 42a3889f-e2e6-42f4-b5fd-896c6ecbf9df
  6. Beta not showing on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Beta not showing on xbox series x: I'm trying to update my xbox to beta for a month and I already post it here but nobody responded and u deleted my post so I'm saying it again I'm now in delta in the insider program and I'm trying...
  7. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  8. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  9. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  10. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...