How can I get my controller to stay connected to my Xbox?

Discus and support How can I get my controller to stay connected to my Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve had my Xbox One S for about 5-6 years now and it’s never given my problems up until now. My issue is I would try to connect my controller to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AchievedBacon3, Dec 2, 2022.

1. How can I get my controller to stay connected to my Xbox?

I’ve had my Xbox One S for about 5-6 years now and it’s never given my problems up until now. My issue is I would try to connect my controller to my console and it connects fine. About 10-20 seconds later it would disconnect. I would reconnect it then it disconnects again. I’ve tried different controllers, I’ve updated my controllers and my console, I’ve tried plugging it in, I’ve switched batteries but to no avail my issue still happens. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

AchievedBacon3, Dec 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this ACHIEVEDBACON3

I don’t like to give bad news, but it seems to be an issue with the console itself and not your controller

But before concluding that please tell me:
    If you try connecting your controller to a different and compatible device, it works?
    Or something similar happens?

And just to confirm, no matter what controller you use the console doesn’t recognize it after these 10-20 seconds?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi AchievedBacon3

Definitely, it depends on the damage. But as your console turns on I think that probably something's going on with the Wi-Fi module (used to connect the controllers)

The best option is get inspected the device and they're going to tell you what's going on or if its fixable
  4. AchievedBacon3 Win User

My controller works with my laptop so it definitely isn’t the controllers. And yes It happens with any controller I use. If it is the console itself would it be something a repair shop can fix?
  5. MageCoerlin Win User

Xbox One (bought in 2015) disconnects from Live consistently every 30 minutes

Not sure if this is relevant, but my Xbox also sometimes doesn't connect wirelessly to my controllers and I have to hard reset. Occasionally if I connect via cord, it gets done and I can detach the cord and it stays connected. But more often than not, even
    after getting positive feedback from the controller on a wired connection, the Xbox still won't recognize the equipment and refuses to connect. Repairing obviously doesn't work here either.

If the Xbox is using the same tech to connect to the wifi and the controllers, could this also be a problem?
  6. FresnoGamer Win User

Error code 80151909

I connected my Xbox directly to my modem and it worked. I can't have it stay that way because nobody else in the house can get online. How can it be a router issue if I have reset it and everyone else can connect???
Thema:

1. How can I get my controller to stay connected to my Xbox? - Similar Threads - controller stay connected

2. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  3. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  4. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  5. Xbox controller won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay connected: When I try to use my Xbox Series X console the controller keeps disconnecting around every 5-30 seconds while playing games or just on the menu. This issues persists on both my Xbox elite...
  6. Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller stay on when connected to my PC?: It works just fine on my Xbox Series S wirelessly and when connected to my PC via USB cable, but it will not stay connected to the PC via the wireless adaptor. This only started recently. It will...
  7. Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller doesny stay connected to my series x. I can't play games even with a cable...: Tried 3 controllers, all with latest firmware installed (including a brand new one) . Disconnect every couple seconds. Console is about 10 ft from where I sit, but the controllers disconnect...
  8. Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or...: Why does my Xbox one controller not stay connected to PC? Doesn't matter if it is wired or Bluetooth. Controller firmware is up to date. 6bb322ee-8701-447d-a91d-2423faed3db8
  9. XBox Series S controller not staying connected to PC Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series S controller not staying connected to PC Bluetooth: XBox Series S controller not staying connected to PC Bluetooth Tried updating the firmware, controller still frequently disconnects. Microsoft support refuse to help, so does anyone have a...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller won't stay connected: I just got a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller today, and even when wired to my PC, it stops working in the middle of an Apex Legends game. The light is still on but there's not response from the...