How can I get in touch with an old friend that changed his gamertag?

Discus and support How can I get in touch with an old friend that changed his gamertag? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I had a friend who I bonded with throughout the years. We always played video games together and I really miss him. His name was joedoeboego123 but he... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by I_luv_broccoli, Jan 6, 2023.

1. How can I get in touch with an old friend that changed his gamertag?

I had a friend who I bonded with throughout the years. We always played video games together and I really miss him.

His name was joedoeboego123 but he seemed to have changed his name. I wanna get in touch with him again.

How can I do this? Should I contact Microsoft for help?

:)

I_luv_broccoli, Jan 6, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there are no other options that we can do aside from those things I mentioned.
  3. I_luv_broccoli Win User

Thank you for the reply.

I do not have the same Xbox system anymore. I do not have access to any messages between me and him anymore.

It's why I Wana contact him.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with finding a friend.

If this friend was already added on your friends list before, you would still be able to find him on your friends list but the thing is, you will already see his new gamertag and you would not know if that is him until you ask him about it.

Unfortunately, you will not be notify if that friend has updated their gamertag or not, If you still have any messages that came from him, you can try finding it there.
  5. ngocphi Win User

You can try looking thru friend list as his old tag would show up above his new one.but if he isn't on your friend list you are going to have to ask him
  6. LesleyHart Win User

X box account hacked

It was definitely hacked and i managed to get hold of someone at microsoft yesterday who helped me change the password and is refunding the games that the person bought on his account. Im not sure how to do a 2 step verification and also how do i get in touch so that he doesnt have to pay to change his gamertag back?
Thema:

1. How can I get in touch with an old friend that changed his gamertag? - Similar Threads - touch old friend

2. How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in touch with the XBOX people? What happened to my ORDER?: I had a bluetooth problem with my xbox design lab controller and was unable to fix it after several attempts at different methods. So I applied for exchange and sent my XBOX controller via email...
  3. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  4. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  5. Xbox ap touch screen controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ap touch screen controls: Show my Xbox app recently updated. And now it, it's displaying the touch screen controls When I don't connect a Bluetooth device even though I'm close enough to My Xbox where I don't need to...
  6. The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app now supports touch input to control your Xbox remotely: Would add photos but can’t lol. It seems you can play any game from your libary with touch inputs, BUT you still need a controller for most streaming games. Strange. submitted by...
  7. Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?: Hey I just wanted to know if this is an issue or not, my series x console is just a week old and is amazing, but I do notice that the console is kinda cold to the touch, the top vent is blowing...
  8. I can't get in touch with support?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get in touch with support?: I've been trying for days to get in touch with xbox support. The virtual agent always has the same bottle neck of requesting a call back no matter which way you answer questions. When requesting a...
  9. How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?: I have been trying to play my Xbox games through the app on the go but the touch controls won’t show up. It just shows a banner saying I need to connect a controller. I have updated the app and my...
  10. How to get in touch with Microsoft? My Xbox x isn’t even a year old and has stopped...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get in touch with Microsoft? My Xbox x isn’t even a year old and has stopped...: My Xbox has stopped playing games. I have reset it, logged out of profile, and even did a hard reset on it. I’m at my wits end. d079a053-46b0-4dfb-85bb-ee74944f1ae1