How can I get access to my games after merging accounts?

Discus and support How can I get access to my games after merging accounts? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I used to have an xbox account under a different email. A few years ago I merged accounts and didn't have any issues. I haven't played any game for a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MDel0, Nov 13, 2022.

1. MDel0
    MDel0 Guest

I used to have an xbox account under a different email. A few years ago I merged accounts and didn't have any issues. I haven't played any game for a while, but recently when I tried to open them, they all gave me the 0x803f8001 error (saying I didn't have access and needed to buy the game). It appears that Microsoft now expects all your titles to be in your purchase history. Unfortunately, when I merged accounts, Microsoft chose not to merge my purchase histories together. Now I'm stuck with 12 games that I legitimately own, but Microsoft won't let me access.

Knowing that I used to have access after merging accounts, I did try to troubleshoot:

• I have restarted my xbox. - result: same error
    • I have removed my account and added it back - result: same error
    I don't plan on resetting my console, seeing that the data disconnect appears between my library and what Microsoft views as my account history.

Where do I go from here?

:)

MDel0, Nov 13, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well no you never could merge accounts not possible ever

You would have to sign into each account to download your games
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Mdel0

I found this strange… usually any kind of content transfer between Microsoft accounts can’t be made
    It’s for security reasons.

If you don’t mind please tell me how did you exactly merge two Microsoft accounts into one?
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

how can i merge accounts?

Merging accounts is not possible.
  5. Claudius.H Win User

Merged a wrong Skype accout on Xbox One - need help

6. Lauren MTC Win User

I no longer have access to the email account which my son created his Xbox Minecraft account under.

Hi Geri,

Thank you for reaching out.

Firstly I can confirm that it is a Microsoft Account. The issue is that the account was created using my ex-husband's Microsoft account, which I can not access.

I can not legally login into his account and so I want to move all of my son's game profiles off my ex-husband's account to merge onto a new profile. The only way to do this is to be able to access the existing account, which I don't have access to.

Since my son plays the Xbox and not my ex-husband, my ex-husband left the Xbox with his son when we separated.

How can I verify that the game accounts on the Xbox belong to my son when they are registered on my husband's Microsoft account. I can't provide order history as I can't access the account to provide it.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. How can I get access to my games after merging accounts? - Similar Threads - access games merging

2. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  3. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  4. Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox restricted access not allowing me to look at games?: I have my own Microsoft account, not linked to anyone else's and my family safety is not being used. Yet when searching for or trying to get games on the Xbox app and game pass it says I have...
  5. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  6. I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help accessing my new console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv.: I need to access my console and accumulated games, not game pass through my tv. ebc296ad-7937-407a-9ede-eaf1c319da9a
  7. Can’t access Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t access Xbox cloud gaming: When I’m trying to access the site even with vpn and on multiple devices I see this message: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.64f01202.1704376092.1654ac67 [img]...
  8. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  9. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  10. Accessing a game via another PC

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Accessing a game via another PC: The game in the link below is not listed on the Game Pass account, but if the Game Pass account which is held by my nephew (who lives in a seperarte house from me) was shared by my PC, would I...