How can I get a refund if I was double charged for a game

Discus and support How can I get a refund if I was double charged for a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a Call of Duty digital game and got an error message that it didn't work at the time so I bought it again. Then apparently both charges... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Warjack Prime, Jul 31, 2020.

1. How can I get a refund if I was double charged for a game

I purchased a Call of Duty digital game and got an error message that it didn't work at the time so I bought it again. Then apparently both charges came through so I basically paid $120 for this $60 game. I have tried numerous times to request a refund
    online but the support team keeps saying they can't refund a digital game that has been used. I don't think they understand the issue even though I'm trying to tell them I was double charged. Is there anyone who can point me to someone who can handle this
    issue?

:)

Warjack Prime, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Bruh......... Win User

Double charge. How do I fix it?

Hi Fernando. I have submitted a request, but I saw that people lose access to their purchased content if they get a refund for a double charge... How will I resolve the problem if it happens?
  3. Arda Tuncel Win User

F.E.A.R 3 bought twice but still can’t play!

Thank you for the reply. After doing every steps, I got the same message saying that I don't own the game. I submitted a manual request for refund. I hope I can get a refund for double charge and then I will submit again for it doesn't work. Good day.
  4. Annanda Martins Win User

How do I get a refund for a double charge on Xbox subscription?

Hi, my name is Annanda, thank you for your question and for reaching out.

Kurt-Lee K, what you need to do is go to your Order history and check if both charges appear there, so you can ask for your refund on the second one:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

If it appears and you can ask for your refund, you will be able to cancel and refund it automatically. If it does not appear, or it does not let you refund it, I recommend you contact Support directly and address the situation with them:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

The problem choice you choose on the Support link might not give you access to Request a Call or Live Chat, and in this case, try selecting other problems ( even if does not match the issue you are facing ) because what is important here is for you to contact Support. So do this until the contact options appear, okay? Here in the community, we have no access to account/billing information.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

If the reply was helpful, please don’t forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you.

Best Regards, Annanda.
  5. WPAK Win User

How can I dispute a double charge?

6. Francia J. Win User

I am being charged twice for an Xbox live subscription. How can I get a refund for the double charge?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you already have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate you shouldn't be charged for Xbox Live Gold still because it should be automatically converted. What I can think of is there are multiple accounts.

We can only request a refund if the transaction is visible but we can definitely check. You can try to request a refund by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and then copy the order number. Once you have it simply go to the refund web form link here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-...
Thema:

How can I get a refund if I was double charged for a game

1. How can I get a refund if I was double charged for a game - Similar Threads - refund was double

2. i got my fortnite skins refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    i got my fortnite skins refunded: hello, i got my skins on fortnite refunded by you, i want them back d2be9805-11f3-4e9b-a8d7-9e3c19f35f5f
  3. How do I get a refund for the game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get a refund for the game pass: I don’t remember buying the game pass and I have been charged for it today and I would like a refund 430c4316-5f5b-4640-823e-5f573045ef5b
  4. i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...

in XBoX on Windows
    i requested a refund of dark souls 1 because it was not opening no matter what i tried and...: i can provide proof of this if needed in video form aaef1a84-9f48-4c12-8cc2-a6bd6c150470
  5. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f
  6. Let me refund my game that I don’t want

in XBoX Accessibility
    Let me refund my game that I don’t want: Let me refund and give me my money back you can’t just denied my request that is illegal and just let me refund whatever I want and you can’t denied bcf72c62-06f3-454a-883c-017b2e3d1357
  7. How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I cancel unauthorized account and get refund.: Trying to cancel an unauthorized account. Get full refund. Can't get ahold of a live person for help. Contacted bank. I've added a password as they wanted. They're asking for a pin. $1 charge, the...
  8. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  9. How do I get in contact with someone about a refund for a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get in contact with someone about a refund for a game?: In January I sent in a refund request the day my kid bought a game by accident and the refund requests says it was approved that day, but it's now March and I still haven't received the refund. I...
  10. Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont xbox or microsoft give me a refund, double charged me for subscription: i bought game pass ultimate, and on the same day it re-charged me for game pass pc, then canceled itself, yet the money has still come out of my bank account for BOTH subscriptions, and they are...