How can I fix xbox app and microsoft store inability to install games i own

Discus and support How can I fix xbox app and microsoft store inability to install games i own in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Before i get hounded with every basic solution under the sun; - i have enough storage on every single drive on my system to install the desired game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 5656230b-5857-4604-abc0-2, Nov 13, 2022.

1. How can I fix xbox app and microsoft store inability to install games i own

Before i get hounded with every basic solution under the sun;

- i have enough storage on every single drive on my system to install the desired game (forza horizon 5)

- the issue stems beyond installing games as other, still installed games (sea of thieves for example) that rely on xbox servers have showed "servers down" for three months straight

- my micrsoft/xbox account is consistent across all programs except for the account my pc is signed in on (store and xbox app use the same account and yes I have tried signing out of both then signing back in. for extra measure i even tried someone elses account (with their permission) which returned the same issues)

- my pc is more than capable of running the games in question and did so for multiple months before these issues arose randomly (no changes to pc were made, they just suddenly stopped working)

- i have tried all basic xbox app fixes through settings>apps>repair, reset, terminate

- i have tried using powershell to uninstall and reinstall both gaming services and the xbox client, with confirmation they were uninstalled and then reinstalled them manually

- i have gone as far to use the repair os feature using a boot drive at the risk of losing data because i do not currently have a spare drive to back up important files.

- i have disabled all antivirus, add blockers and additional programs that microsoft is convinced can cause issues with install

As an additional measure, u am aware i can not run some slightly older titles (forza horizon 4 for example) because i am using an asus B550F motherboard which lacks the features necessary to run teredo networks which is why i am specifically reffering to issues with horizon 5 and sea of thieves which definetly atleast for a period did not require them to run

knowing all of this, what can I do, i have successfully on 2 occasions managed to get the game install with the above fixes only to be met with a forced windows update which revokes the fix and renders it unusable the next time i boot up my pc meaning i still do not get to play the games that i have paid considerably for.

:)

5656230b-5857-4604-abc0-2, Nov 13, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello A. User,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello A. User,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. We will be glad to assist you with this. Seems like you have exhausted a lot of fixes done from your end

but for this concern we just want to make sure all related causes of the issue should be addressed. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you.

You've mentioned Forza Horizon 4 as an example, we will go over the basic troubleshooting steps on your device.

1: Make sure you do not have other programs like

Anti-virus

Firewall

PC Optimizers

Blocking your game from running properly. Try turning them off before trying to run the game again.

2. When your Xbox app isn't working, you can try resetting the Xbox app to solve the problem. Here are the detailed steps.

Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.

Select the Apps category. Make sure Apps & features are selected in the left pane. In the right pane, input Xbox in the search box.

In the following window, select the Reset button. Then check if the Xbox works appropriately.

3. Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

To run the troubleshooter on Windows 10:

Press the Search button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

Select Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.

Select Windows Store Apps > Run the troubleshooter.

4. Unplug any non-required external device

You may have other devices plugged into your computer (such as a webcam, external hard drive, card reader, or USB drive). Each of these devices draws power from the PC, which could cause the power supply to run in an underpowered state. If your power supply cannot keep up with the demands of your PC, your PC can freeze up.

5: Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows device Then scroll down to Still having problem and follow the steps to reinstall the game services

6: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com) If some Windows functions aren't working or Windows crashes, use the System File Checker to scan Windows and restore your files.

Hopefully one of those helps with your situation.

Here are additional troubleshooting tips on this article: Troubleshoot gameplay, performance, and stability issues on a Windows device | Xbox Support

Forza support also has an article in which you can try the steps: My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

If you have other clarifications, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kaplooee Win User

Xbox game pass not working

I have this issue to but I found a fix. Try using the Microsoft Store App instead of the Xbox App. I was able to download, install and the play games with the Microsoft Store App. Later on, the Xbox App shows the game I installed and is playable.
  5. MoonlightGZ Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

I cant even install the Xbox Beta App for PC . I check the microsoft store and it shows “Game Services” in the

updates with the error 0x80070005 and when i close out of the Xbox (Beta) Installer the Xbox Services Update in the Microsoft Store disappears meaning those two are connected. How do i fix this issue?
  6. FreakRoach Win User

why cant i rate the xbox app on the microsft store

I can very well rate the Xbox App on Microsoft Store. I searched for Xbox App on Microsoft store and clicked on Reviews tab, and was able to rate it.

What's the issue you're having? Please note in order to rate the app you need to install it with the same account, as you can't rate the apps/games that you don't own.
Thema:

1. How can I fix xbox app and microsoft store inability to install games i own - Similar Threads - fix app microsoft

2. How do I fix my Microsoft app and my Xbox they both keep closing out of me Everytime I keep...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix my Microsoft app and my Xbox they both keep closing out of me Everytime I keep...: My app kept on closing on my pc I try to delete and download it still closing the whole app it like not working at all On both of i 118d0d3f-9481-441d-992e-669426004572
  3. MICROSOFT FIX YOUR XBOX PC APP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MICROSOFT FIX YOUR XBOX PC APP!!: Xbox Gamepass ultimate does not work on PC, no longer recognizes the Xbox Games folder. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps. People are paying for a subscription service that they cannot...
  4. How do i fix the Microsoft rewards app

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i fix the Microsoft rewards app: Hello Microsoft i am a gamer i been having problems with Microsoft rewards app i was only checking on the monthly reward offer as soon i entered in the app the monthly reward offer is not present...
  5. How do i fix the Microsoft rewards app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i fix the Microsoft rewards app: Hello Microsoft i am a gamer i been having problems with Microsoft rewards app i was only checking on the monthly reward offer as soon i entered in the app the monthly reward bonus offer is not...
  6. microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft store downloads at abysmal speeds and cant install xbox app, is there a fix?: so I've seen MANY options across forums on how to fix this, from resetting the app from the settings, to the PowerShell reset and the download throttling. I have tried everything i can find to...
  7. my microsoft app is blocked on my computer how do i fix this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft app is blocked on my computer how do i fix this?: my microsoft app is blocked on my computer how do i fix this? 79bef852-d8e6-4059-a44f-bbbb03bc8ed4
  8. How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix audio issues when I use Microsoft owned apps: Whenever I use a Microsoft app, most of the time being Minecraft, and I use another source of audio such as Discord, Voicemod, or the Xbox Overlay Party Chat, either the Minecraft audio or my...
  9. whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    whenever I try to download Xbox app the Microsoft store freezes how do I fix this?: I was having problems with the Xbox app not opening so i uninstalled it figuring I could reinstall it. The only problem is now when I try to reinstall it the store freezes then closes. I have...
  10. is there a way to fix the pending issue when trying to update an app on the microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    is there a way to fix the pending issue when trying to update an app on the microsoft...: when i press update it just says pending and never updates a1af2a1a-992b-4e64-a1c5-6448ceace1b1