How can I fix this issue and sign into my own account?

Discus and support How can I fix this issue and sign into my own account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; [img] Factory reset my Xbox one to try and fix a disc reading issue, when it was done it presented me with an unknown email address, for an unknown... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zene Wilcoxen, Mar 23, 2023.

1. How can I fix this issue and sign into my own account?

How can I fix this issue and sign into my own account? [​IMG]

Factory reset my Xbox one to try and fix a disc reading issue, when it was done it presented me with an unknown email address, for an unknown gamertag. It's requesting a password for an email address for an email I've never seen or heard of. I cannot move past this prompt. I can't go to the home menu or settings or anything, all I can do is turn my console off or reset it.

I've tried resetting it in every way I can think of, but no luck on that front.

:)

Zene Wilcoxen, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Oh, I am glad that it's now been sorted out. Thanks for your patience and time here in our community.

Please take care!
  3. Rostom L Win User

That's odd. Thank you for the additional information.

Let's try to reset it the other way. Just a heads up that if factory reset by keeping your games and apps doesn't work, you may need to factory reset it by removing everything as a last resort.

Check to see if you can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the mains lead to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the mains lead back in.
    3. Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button.

4. Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Start-up Trouble-shooter.

There's an option to reset your Xbox there. In addition, before you perform your last resort to delete everything, you may try the option for Offline system update.

You can check the full guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  4. Zene Wilcoxen Win User

- Added some more details to the post.

The only options I have available to me are the ones in the photo, unfortunately. After the console boots up, it prompts me to turn on my controller and press "A " to be brought to the screen in the photo. I did choose to keep my games and apps, yes.
  5. Zene Wilcoxen Win User

Whelp. I did a factory reset, and then immediately realized it was defaulting to a gamertag on the hard drive I'm using that was bought used.

Thanks for your help anyway, I really appreciate it. Couldn't work against my own stupidity it seems lol.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Hi Zene!

Aren't you able to switch or change the email address to the correct one?

Also, did you choose to factory reset your console by keeping your games and apps?
Thema:

1. How can I fix this issue and sign into my own account? - Similar Threads - fix issue sign

2. Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are Microsoft going to fix Xbox Series X wifi issues or not?: Live in apartments, should have at minimum 20 different wifi connections listed, currently have 0. This is an everyday occurance and blaming everybodies routers and isps is getting old. I have...
  3. When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When are you all going to have the connection issue fixed that involves signing in to Xbox...: Hello! The problem in which you my console tells me that my Xbox 360 profile cannot access Xbox live when I’m using it through my Series S has been going on for a very long time now. It affects a...
  4. How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix twitch stream audio issues on Xbox series X: One day I was streaming a view said that my game volume was to loud I put it somewhere around 50% the next day I started my stream I play on console (xbl) I use my phone to view my chat or to edit...
  5. Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to fix my issue with the LFG system?: I’ve not been able to post or join LFG posts for years, and it has persisted over several consoles. Soft resetting, changing settings, and changing network has never fixed it....
  6. Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on xbox issue any known fixes?: While talking to friends on different platforms during saying sentences and talking it seems my voice has to be quite loud to pick up. Is there anyway to increase my mic sensitivity? Along with...
  7. How to fix a sign in Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix a sign in Issue: So I know this is not a forum for minecraft issues but I think it has to do with microsoft sign in, so I decided to submit this here. My issue is no matter what I do I cannot sign in on a new...
  8. I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add or sign in on my xbox profile anybody know how to fix that issue: I can't sign in or add a profile on xbox one s 12f5e831-2634-4fb6-96ed-a1e9ba66a5f8
  9. How can I Fix the "An illegal state Change was Requested" Issue when trying to sign into...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I Fix the "An illegal state Change was Requested" Issue when trying to sign into...: Operating System: Latest Version of Windows 10 Platform: Desktop PC I redeemed a Windows Key I had been holding on to for Forza Horizon 3 as I finally have time to play it. However, I had not...
  10. How can I fix Microsoft dev account sign up issues?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I fix Microsoft dev account sign up issues?: Hello So I’m trying to sign up to the Xbox Developer Program and this is my first time. I was filling out my account but then I noticed I entered the wrong country after continuing to next page....