How can I fix my stick drift?

Discus and support How can I fix my stick drift? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; On all 3 of my xbox series x controller I have gotten stick drift. However all of them are similar with them not having a problem with the thumbstick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xavier Wende, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Xavier Wende
    Xavier Wende Guest

On all 3 of my xbox series x controller I have gotten stick drift. However all of them are similar with them not having a problem with the thumbstick but something else. When my controller stick is in the center it shows on a gamepad tester that it is all the way up when the stick isn't. Is there anyway i could get this fixed, I can't get them replaced because I have tried multiple times and yet no success.

:)

Xavier Wende, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

Hai Xavier,

.So I just read through everything and Unfortunately, the easiest way to fix this issue is to purchase a can of compressed air, so that you can clean the cavity where the analog stick sits in.

.This would hopefully free up any dirt that is potentially causing the stick drift issues. Good Day Sir šŸ˜Š

Regards,

Brian O.

If this helped you in any way please rate yes or no below and thank you āœŒšŸ»ā™„ļø
  3. Rolepl4y Guy Win User

I have fixed it with compressed air before and the problem was a bunch of dirt was causing it but they can try whatever they want, just saying compressed air would cost less than sending it in.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Stick drift is not repairable, and sending it in outside of warranty is basically the cost of a controller
  5. STCLegend Win User

Controller Firmware Update - Messed up my controller?!?

That's called stick drift and has nothing to do with this firmware issue. Your controller is broken, you can have Microsoft fix it for a fee or replace it. But no software update will fix stick drift.
  6. zsLethal Win User

Brand new controller drifting

You can increase the deadzones on your analog sticks to stop the drift from happening or you can find a tutorial on how to fix it.
Thema:

1. How can I fix my stick drift? - Similar Threads - fix stick drift

2. How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix stick drift on my xbox series s controller out of warranty.: My xbox is out of warranty and I didn't know until now that I can do something about it. My controller has stick drift and is difficult to play games like warzone, Fortnite, Forza etc. What do I...
  3. Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller no longer under warranty how much would it cost to fix stick drift issue: Stick drift issue has anyone had there controller fixed by Microsoft when itā€™s no longer under warranty and how much did this cost 7816b4ab-e046-4611-a39a-07945b5efd5d
  4. How To Fix Stick Drifting Upwards Automatically?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How To Fix Stick Drifting Upwards Automatically?: I literally run tests in the controller labs and the stick doesnt show up as drifting in one direction, it will look fine when experimenting, but then drift upwards in games like Apex, Overwatch,...
  5. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  6. Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there anything that can be done to fix a controller with stick drift due to damage? And...: Xbox One Controller I have 2 that have stick drift, both pretty bad 6f238de7-24d6-4eae-827c-940eddb415da
  7. How to fix Xbox stick drift on Xbox wireless controller without breaking apart

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Xbox stick drift on Xbox wireless controller without breaking apart: Ive had issues while playing with Xbox wireless controller whenever I play a game my cursor just goes up and in games like fortnite I can't aim properly so I need help to fix it...
  8. How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix Elite Controller 2 stick drift: Have an elite controller 2 which I love. Bought last year but has had light use and always kept in case. Anyway playing Minecraft with my kid today and noticed that it has developed stick drift...
  9. Are they going to fix the Elite controller button and stick drift issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are they going to fix the Elite controller button and stick drift issues?: This is ridiculous! Spent the $180 to get the Elite 2 and of course, two weeks past the manufacturer warranty, it pretty much stops working. Buttons only register every few clicks, left stick...
  10. How to Fix Stick Drift Fast and Easy on Xbox Controller without opening ...

in XboX Insiders
    How to Fix Stick Drift Fast and Easy on Xbox Controller without opening ...: [IMG] submitted by /u/thefrostyproject [link] [comments]