How can I fix my Headset Mic not being detected by Realtek but the headset is detected?

Discus and support How can I fix my Headset Mic not being detected by Realtek but the headset is detected? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I use a headphone mic for gaming and other things but recently after an update my microphone no longer works. I have bought a new headset with a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mamadou Haidara, Nov 27, 2022.

1. How can I fix my Headset Mic not being detected by Realtek but the headset is detected?

I use a headphone mic for gaming and other things but recently after an update my microphone no longer works. I have bought a new headset with a microphone yet I still have this problem. When I go into my sound settings it says Realtek HD 2nd Output is detected but when I check the microphone it says "Not Plugged In".

:)

Mamadou Haidara, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Grey01 Win User

How can I fix my Headset Mic not being detected by Realtek but the headset is detected?

Hi. I have the same problem. My PC is updated to the latest version of everything. recently bought a new gaming headset with mic. but my pc does not recognize it as a headset, but instead as "Speakers (realtek(R) audio)". I can use the headset to play games or listen to music. but the pc does not pickup any input device (the mic). I have tried every setting possible, every youtube video available but still nothing. I tested the headset on my laptop and windows instantly recognized it as headphones and also picked up the mic as input device. my laptop is also updated to the latest version of windows. but yet when I plug it into my desktop PC nothing. I am very puzzled with this outcome. I do not understand what else can be wrong. i even uninstalled 3rd party audio software but no success. Windows is updated to the latest version 22h2 with all the optional updates as well. the headset uses the 3.5mm audio jack. If anyone can help me...Please! you would be my HERO!
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Mamadou, are you playing on the console or on the PC?

When you talk about update, would it be an update on your headset or the device you're playing?

If it's on your PC, you've already checked if you have your Windows enabled and check if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Laptop wouldn't detect headset microphone

Assuming your headset gives audio when connected to another device (which would point to the headset working okay).

Found a couple of solutions on the Acer forum:

"Hey there - just adding if you haven't solved it. I was having this problem but managed to get it to work by doing the following: Click the windows/start button > type realtek > open ' Realtek Audio Console ' > ' Device Advanced Settings' (at the bottom left) > change the connector retasking to ' Headset '. Should now work hopefully!"

"I finally solved my mic issue, it's not perfect but it works.

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > HD Audio Manager(I have Realtek HD Audio drivers), double click on Analog button and set current device to headset. Now all the apps will use the headset's mic but it will still not show up in Playback and Recording devices. I hope somebody will find this helpful."

They were found here:

https://community.acer.com/en/discu...detected-on-brand-new-acer-nitro-5-how-to-fix
  5. Irixion Win User

Xbox360 guitar hero leads required...drums to controller

If the game doesn't detect the Mic, then it won't work. Alternatively you can connect your Xbox headset mic to your controller and use that for some Guitar Hero titles.
  6. RedPhoenix2019 Win User

Headset connected to Xbox One S controller doesn't work.

XBF Erick C,

I'm also running into this issue. I have a gaming headset that had fully functioning audio and mic for several weeks. One day my xbox one s stopped showing that a headset or mic was detected. In the upper right corner of the dashboard I show a mic with
    a slash through it. I have tried 2 different controllers and 4 different headsets with mics. None are being detected. No sound, no mic. I have followed several online instructions from full power cycles, checking the mic on setting, checking the audio
    output headset audio checkbox, and clicking the start party option under user icon from the dashboard. So far nothing changes the mute (mic with a slash) icon in the upper righthand corner back to a headset icon. What am I missing? Also, just to cover all
    bases, both controllers are fully functioning with new batteries and are fully updated. All headsets have been checked on other devices and are fully functional. Please help!
Thema:

1. How can I fix my Headset Mic not being detected by Realtek but the headset is detected? - Similar Threads - fix Headset Mic

2. Headset fixing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset fixing: I play on Xbox series x and I bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear the game itself. I know about the chat mixer but that...
  3. My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox wireless headset power button can’t be pressed down. How do I fix it?: My xbox wireless headset recently fell hard on the floor and now the power button cannot be pressed down; it’s stuck in the up position. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/SeriouslyWhatTheDuck...
  4. How to fix headset mic not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix headset mic not working?: My headset works perfect, it lets me hear but it won’t let me talk. The mic works on other devices but not on my Xbox. Is there any fix? 91ffe5e2-09e1-4f73-91f7-8f0db63bf50b
  5. My new 2021 Xbox headset mic sounds like I’m talking into a cup how can I fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new 2021 Xbox headset mic sounds like I’m talking into a cup how can I fix this: I need help my mic sounds like I’m talking in a cup straight out the box is that how it’s supposed to sound I just got it and need to know if I can fix it or just return it...
  6. fix for working headset but mic not picking up my voice.

in XBoX on Consoles
    fix for working headset but mic not picking up my voice.: Hi there. I am using a series 1 xbox elite controller. Ive been using it for 7 days but have had it returned to me from miscrosoft for months. I had sent it in for repair for the same reason. In...
  7. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hi all, There was another thread about this issue but I'm starting a new one as we still have a problem with gaming headsets not working on both of our Xbox One S controllers. Problem occurred...
  8. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hello This seems like a common problem among many user. We have all tried the troubleshooting guides mentioned online and in this communtiy forum. All of our controllers, headsets and mics work....
  9. Xbox Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring Fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stereo Headset Mic Monitoring Fix: I can finally confirm that with the purchase of the most recent Turtle Beach audio control adapter (shown here:...
  10. Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter/Mic Easy Fix.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter/Mic Easy Fix.: I feel this should be added to the trouble shooting part for both devices. Step one. Unplug the device from the controller. Step two. Turn off controller. Step three. Remove back battery panel....