how can i fix my gaming services update error?

Discus and support how can i fix my gaming services update error? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, so I've been required by my xbox app to install the new gaming services update to play my games, and wont allow me to do so unless done. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RAVENLO, Mar 27, 2023.

1. RAVENLO
    RAVENLO Guest

Hey, so I've been required by my xbox app to install the new gaming services update to play my games, and wont allow me to do so unless done. When I tried to install it, it always gives me an error called "Code: 0x80073D26" and will not let me install it. I would give a list of things that I've tried, but ive genuinely tried too many things to remember. I'd like to hear any of your guys solutions as i've hit a dead end and have given up. Thank you and have a great day bois.

:)

RAVENLO, Mar 27, 2023
  2. mark simms3 Win User

Hey I wanted to give an update, I found the solution and everything is working again after looking for a solution for 7 months. I thank you for the help you provided, even if it didn't work out in the end. Have a great day Ron.
    What was the solution?
  3. RAVENLO Win User

Hey I wanted to give an update, I found the solution and everything is working again after looking for a solution for 7 months. I thank you for the help you provided, even if it didn't work out in the end. Have a great day Ron.
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to play a game again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  5. RAVENLO Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to play a game again and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Please open the PowerShell in admin mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    Hey Ron,

I appreciate your response, and have tried each solution you have provided me. Unfortunately, each solution I tried had not worked, and I'm still pretty stumped.

The issues I had will be stated below:

Solution 1 - When in "apps and features" I cant find any gaming services, despite having it show all drives.

Solution 2 - Not much seems to happen when I use the first command, and the second one just brings me to the store to have an error when trying to install it.

Solution 3 - Gives me some errors after going through a bunch of things, and doesnt seem to solve anything.

I again appreciate the solutions given to me, but I'm still not sure what to do. as It now gives me the "0x80070002" error, opposed to the "Code: 0x80073D26 error" like last time. It seems as my pc recognizes that it has gaming services, but either cannot seem to find where it is located, doesnt actually have it, or is missing the properties of the app or something, but that's just my guess so take it with a big grain of salt
  6. Sodangidni Win User

How can I fix the error to update my xbox?

Hello, Ayeebee. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

However, I find it appropriate to ask some questions:

— What Xbox is the one you have, Xbox One, One S, One X, Series S or Series X?

— Do you don't see another kind of error on the screen, like something that starts with EXXX (Example E102-XXXX…)

— What potential solutions have you tried to fix this issue so far?
    Please describe each one.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. how can i fix my gaming services update error? - Similar Threads - fix gaming services

2. Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming Services will not download no matter what I do. How do I fix this?: Due to my computer being new, it hasn't been downloaded onto my PC before and therefore can't be uninstalled first so using Shell and those commands do nothing. I've done everything that has been...
  3. Fix for Gaming Services please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for Gaming Services please: My PC games (bought via MS store/xbox app) wont install or update, they get to 100% then hit an error message. Gaming Services seems to be the issue, however i can't seem to fix GS via the...
  4. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  5. Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services doesn't work pls fix.: Gaming services doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it three times. When i go into services and try to start gaming services it says: "Error 1060: The specified service does not...
  6. How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix everything Gaming Services related.: All of a sudden a few days ago, my Game pass PC has stopped working. The Xbox App claims that Gaming Services is not installed, but every time I try to Powershell and remove the Gaming Services...
  7. How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my Xbox App and Gaming Services?: I purchased the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Expansion and attempted to install it. There was plenty of space on the machine but the installation got hung up. After a bit of innocent...
  8. How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services/xbox app issues?: So recently I encountered a problem on the xbox app that wouldn't let me see nor download any games at all, so I did my "research" and found that the problem was the gaming services. I tried...
  9. How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix gaming services needing to download every time I open the xbox app?: I have been using my PC for over a year now. I have had no issues with anything up until 2 days ago when I decided I wanted to play Stardew Valley. I clicked install and started watching YouTube....
  10. How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?: I'm unable to install games on the xbox app on PC (windows 10). "Gaming services failed with error code: 0x8007007e." I've tried everything listed on the support page and nothing has fixed the...