How can I fix my controller?

Discus and support How can I fix my controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my controller turns on, and turns my Xbox on. That’s the extent of operation rn. It’s plugged into my Xbox, but no other function works, so I can’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ryan glover1, Dec 5, 2022.

1. ryan glover1
    ryan glover1 Guest

So my controller turns on, and turns my Xbox on. That’s the extent of operation rn. It’s plugged into my Xbox, but no other function works, so I can’t go to settings for it to check for updates or anything.

:)

ryan glover1, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console on the wall socket for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work and you have other device where you can try to plug in the controller to test it out, that would be great.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

How can I fix my controller disconnecting?

Hello ChaseCrews,

Thanks for the reply and sharing the details.

You mentioned this has never happened before, may we know what changes were made before this issue happen? Like new OS update or console being move to a new location in the house? Please let us know.

For the meanwhile, you may want to try these:

1. Check your batteries - try adding fresh batteries and see if issue persists.
    2. Manually power cycle your controller - To turn off the controller, press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller powers off. Then press and hold the Xbox button again for the controller to turn back on.
    3. Connect your controller to the console with a USB cable - You can use a USB to micro-USB cable to connect your controller to your Xbox. Plug the micro-USB end into the top of the controller, and the USB end into the USB slot on the side or back of the console. The cable will provide both power and a wired connection to the controller.
    4. Update your controller.
    5. Lastly, connect your controller to another device like PC and mobile phone, see if issue persists.

We look forward for your reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello ChaseCrews,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox controller disconnecting. Based on the troubleshooting steps you've already taken; it sounds like the issue may be related to interference or a weak wireless signal. Here are a few additional steps you can try:

1. Move your Xbox console and controller closer together to see if that improves the connection.

2. Try using a different wireless channel on your router to reduce interference.

3. Turn off other wireless devices in the area to see if that improves the connection.

4. Try using a wired connection with your controller to see if that resolves the issue.

Let me know how it went. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. ChaseCrews Win User

The wired connection works, it's the wireless that is the issue. There has never been any disconnects before, I'm less than 5 feet away from the console (but I held it close to test and same result), and no new devices have been setup nearby. I am hoping this isn't a hardware issue. I tried testing my Xbox with everything else unplugged and it still didn't work. There hasn't been any change and only wireless works (I need wireless because I don't have cords).
Thema:

1. How can I fix my controller? - Similar Threads - fix controller

2. How to fix controller affecting fps.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix controller affecting fps.: Ive connected my xbox controller to my pc. After playing games with it for a while starts to effect my fps to the point of it being unplayable. In order to stop this i have to turn off and back on...
  3. How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...: I had like 200+ fps on both keyboard and controller. After a major update in the game on controller my fps is like 40-30 but on keyboard in the same update as soon as i touch my keyboard I get 165...
  4. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  5. Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix your control losing connection after clipping something: Usally when i attempt to clip a moment in the game after i press the button to clip. My remotes enters "pairing mode" as it blinks and goes on and off. On the screen it asks me to confirm my...
  6. Why are my controllers now over sensitive and no way to fix them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are my controllers now over sensitive and no way to fix them?: My counsil since update is not working right the controllers are over sensitive making my Xbox useless I've tried everything. Its all updated there is no ease of access there are no settings to...
  7. Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite 2 controller left joystick has a bump after I sent it to Microsoft to fix the...: I sent Microsoft my Xbox Elite 2 controller for a work order to fix a problem where the left bumper click is not registering. When I received the controller, the left bumper is fixed but the left...
  8. Fix this controller issue!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fix this controller issue!!!: Controller CONSTANTLY disconnects!!! Ive tried all your silly remedies and NONE OF THEM WORK, check for “wireless interference”, “reset” controller, “reset” console, factory reset console… STILL...
  9. Where can I send my controllers to get fixed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I send my controllers to get fixed.: In 2021 is when I got my first Xbox and i have three controllers for it (thier all made by Microsoft) my three controllers have different problems, for my series x/s controller is one of the...
  10. PowerA Controller Triggers Not Work. How Do I Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    PowerA Controller Triggers Not Work. How Do I Fix?: On Christmas Morn, I got A PowerA Controller, And I was seeing what the app can do. All of a sudden Poof! Triggers Dont Work. Please help 8dbfd3d9-ae9b-4c76-8d3f-92d480201f48