How can I enable Discord on my teenage son's Xbox X?

Discus and support How can I enable Discord on my teenage son's Xbox X? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hi I've removed all content filters and even tried changing his date of birth but I cannot find away to enable Discord on his Xbox or link it to his... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by MAFS_81, Mar 11, 2023.

1. MAFS_81
    MAFS_81 Guest

Hi

I've removed all content filters and even tried changing his date of birth but I cannot find away to enable Discord on his Xbox or link it to his Xbox account. Any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

MAFS_81, Mar 11, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

What is appearing when you go into the linked social accounts tab ?
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    Go to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.
  3. MAFS_81 Win User

Hi, thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I've done all of those things. To be more specific, what I think I'm needing, and currently missing, is the Discord option in the friends/party chat menu.

I have created his Discord account and, using the Discord website, linked it with his Xbox account but it's not showing on the Xbox itself.

Thanks again
  4. DeniqL Win User

Hi,! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you enabled the cross netowrk play setting as well?

Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer.

Make sure that You can join cross-network play is set to Allow, and You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text is set to Everybody.

Also, is your son´s account above 13 years?

Because Children under age 13 can't use Discord.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

Can I, and if so, how do I enable live streaming for my teenage son?

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you want to enable live streaming for your teen on an Xbox Series S using Twitch and you have parental controls set up in Microsoft Family, here's how you can do it:

Make sure you have an adult account: To enable live streaming for your child, you must have an adult account in Microsoft Family. If you don't already have an adult account, you can create one by following the instructions on the Microsoft website.

Access Microsoft Family settings: Sign in to your adult account and access Microsoft Family settings. This can be done through the Microsoft website or through the Xbox Family Settings app.

Add your child to the family: If you haven't already added your teen to the Microsoft Family, you'll need to do so. Follow the instructions provided on the Microsoft website or in the Xbox Family Settings app to add your child to your family.

Set up content restrictions: In Microsoft Family settings, make sure content restrictions are set appropriately to allow live streaming. Verify that "Allow live streams" is enabled for your child's account.

Check privacy settings on Twitch: In addition to settings in Microsoft Family, you may also need to adjust privacy settings on your child's Twitch account. Make sure the privacy and security options on Twitch allow live streaming for your account.

If you've followed all the steps above and your child is still receiving an error message when trying to set up live streaming, there may be a specific technical or configuration issue.

Please remember that live streaming may be subject to age and privacy restrictions, and it is important to make sure your child is compliant and has appropriate supervision while live streaming.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards.
  6. AliveFist Win User

Transfer online games to another microsoft account

Hi,

there is no way to transfer digital licences once bought but you can share those games to the son's account by signing in to the account with the games and then enable my home xbox.

How to enable; https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Once enabled your son can enjoy those games on his account.
    And then I I delete (DAD) account can the son still play them ?
Thema:

1. How can I enable Discord on my teenage son's Xbox X? - Similar Threads - enable Discord teenage

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Even though my router says that IPv6 is enabled it doesn’t show up on my Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Even though my router says that IPv6 is enabled it doesn’t show up on my Xbox series X: Even though my router says IVP6 is enabled. It doesn’t show up on my Xbox one X. 2a34072c-2e03-4be6-99fc-def4e1a04a68
  5. How to enable multiplayer option

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to enable multiplayer option: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 40398c6d-d68f-4bcc-bf34-84ee8265fa87
  6. How do I enable IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I enable IPv6?: Just need help figuring out how to enable IPv6 on my xbox series x. ffd2e5e1-0e0f-4f31-97dc-0c6859bf71a4
  7. my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...: i was playing "the finals" and i immediately realize my wifi disappeared i try to troubleshoot it but it cant find my wireless network so it only try to fix my LAN adapter. i check my device...
  8. Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft: Please how can I enable multiplayer on Minecraft on mobile c7fe4724-4d29-4099-b72c-1d6c686b6565
  9. Help me enable f2a please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help me enable f2a please: I am having problems enabling f2a on my xbox one it is like it doesn't have a email even tho I do and I was wondering if someone could help me with this 56fb1f2f-4eb8-464a-80ca-bc0e985e9ba7
  10. I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all...: I can’t get discord to allow me mw stream through my console even though I’ve enable all necessary settings/restrictions- does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?...