How Can I Download a Gift From Message Center - Forza Horizon 5

Discus and support How Can I Download a Gift From Message Center - Forza Horizon 5 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In Forza Horrizon 5 - My Son can’t download a Gift (car) from the Message Center. It is giving an error message that says “To Do This Change a Setting.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by robertmckenna4, Dec 29, 2021.

1. How Can I Download a Gift From Message Center - Forza Horizon 5

In Forza Horrizon 5 - My Son can’t download a Gift (car) from the Message Center. It is giving an error message that says “To Do This Change a Setting. You cannot see content other people make because how your account is set up. Your parent can customize your Xbox privacy profile in your setting > account > family settings > manage family members”

I looked for this setting and can’t find it. I have made some changes but none have fixed the issue.

:)

robertmckenna4, Dec 29, 2021
  2. robertmckenna4 Win User

This was a huge help and fixed my issue. I found it easier to navigate on a desktop and use the Privacy button on the top dash bar for a more direct link.

After hitting the Privacy button, I choose the Xbox Logo Tab under the “Manage your Privacy Settings” where I found all the settings.

Thanks again for your help.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

No worries, glad to hear it’s resolved! Feel welcome to post back if you encounter any errors, or have any further questions or concerns :)

Happy holidays!
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Hi Robert,

The specific setting you need to enable/allow is under the privacy tab. ‘You can see and upload community creations’ - set to everyone. This option would also enable access to the Auction House

You can adjust these privacy settings at https://account.microsoft.com/family and select the child account on the privacy & online safety page, or on a Xbox One or Series X|S console.

Refer to this support guide:

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Once you’ve made these changes, your son would need to sign out then back in again for the updated settings to take effect on his account. Also be sure to select ‘submit’ to confirm and save these settings, which would apply to the account on all devices.

More information on Microsoft Family settings and features here: https://www.xbox.com/community/for-everyone/responsible-gaming

Family & online safety | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  5. k1Helix z Win User

Forza Horizon 4

In Forza Horizon when you receive a gift containing a car you must see a notification saying that it was added to your garage, did you see that message? if not, maybe if you to the message center you can check if you have the gift there and claim it.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Xbox Series X: How Can I Download a Gift From Message Center - Forza Horizon 5

Hi Jason,

What’s the specific error message you receive when trying to access the Auction House and trying to download gifts? Can you share a screenshot here?

Are you able to access the Auction House in another Forza game like FH4?

If it’s greyed out and says feature locked or something, then it’s probably because you need to reach a certain amount of progress as Nursemorph says. I don’t remember the exact point when everything unlocks (and there’s not much info on this anywhere), but try to complete the intro and unlock the Festival playlist as advised under ‘Why is the Auction House grayed out?‘ (at the end of the article) here:

Forza Horizon 5 Auction House - Forza Support

You can at least eliminate the privacy settings/online permissions and suspensions as possible reasons. The only other possibility is that there’s a restriction or limitation on the network side where you may have to open some ports on your router, but then this should indicate a connection error and not anything involving privacy settings or anything.
Thema:

1. How Can I Download a Gift From Message Center - Forza Horizon 5 - Similar Threads - Download Gift Message

2. downloaded gift cards but they do not appear, where are they who do i talk to

in XBoX Accessibility
    downloaded gift cards but they do not appear, where are they who do i talk to: downloaded microsoft game gift cards the total has only been seen once and never used , who do you talk to about this as i would like to use this amount on my game...
  3. My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...: My friend gifted me something a week ago and it hasnt come it yet 44708d46-f152-45e1-a5d9-f24e951b5b10
  4. XBOX gift cards dont allow me to download game for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX gift cards dont allow me to download game for PC: I have purchased 4 XBOX cards of 25 dollars for total of 100 dollars. I have redeemed codes in my play store and expected that now since I have 100 dollars i can buy game for 50 dollars but not it...
  5. i redeemed a gift code and it wouldn't let me download it and i can't redeem it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i redeemed a gift code and it wouldn't let me download it and i can't redeem it again: i redeemed an xbox gift code on microsoft, i redeemed it sucessfully but it wouldn't download. I have tried to fix the problem but made it worse as now i can't see it download and i can't find it...
  6. How to download game on Microsoft Store (PC) with xbox gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to download game on Microsoft Store (PC) with xbox gift card: Hello I recently add a 45$ Xbox gift card on my Microsoft account but when I’m trying to download Minecraft of the Microsoft store it asks me to add a card for the payment. How can I do to...
  7. My friend gifted me Diablo 4 ultimate edition, but Xbox store only let me download the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend gifted me Diablo 4 ultimate edition, but Xbox store only let me download the...: My friend gifted me Diablo 4 ultimate edition, but Xbox store only let me download the basic game? I didn't receive any of the ultimate edition items. Yes I have a gift receipt to prove it, and...
  8. How to download game from gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to download game from gift card: How to download games from a gift card e5f798c5-f094-496b-b2e1-7cc01a0d649f
  9. What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...: My son can't access the auction house or the gifts from the message center. 3d3f2870-d946-4cdc-9e14-f4de4bd095c3
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ll will not download because my brother gifted it to me.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ll will not download because my brother gifted it to me.: Hello. My older brother gifted me Modern Warfare ll during Christmas time of last year. Ever since then I have attempted to download the game several times but the downloading software has a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon 5 cant receive gift