How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...

Discus and support How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have 2 email accounts set up with Microsoft, one is a hotmail account, another a gmail account. I have made an email for each of my children. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by dj.purity, May 9, 2023.

1. dj.purity
    dj.purity Guest

How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate...

I have 2 email accounts set up with Microsoft, one is a hotmail account, another a gmail account. I have made an email for each of my children. When I recently made one, I accidentally added it to the wrong Family Safety group under my other email account.

So I went to try to add them to the same Family group, but it says that the one has to leave the other Family in order to accept the invitation. So I went and followed the instructions, but when I go to Remove the child from the family, it tells me that I cannot do so, that only the adult who gave consent for them to join may remove them. But I just literally created this one email today, so there is no possibility of another adult being the one who gave consent to them. I am following the exact directions Microsoft has given me in their Help Menu.

Each time this fails, as I have tried it with both children and both of my email accounts as head of the Family Group or whatever it is called. It always allows me to begin to remove them, as I have already sent invitations for them to join the other group. But now I cannot remove them at all and am stuck with 2 different Family Safety groups.

How can I do this? How can I remove one child under one of my email login family accounts and add it to the other so they are all in one place? Why is it denying me this and saying I am not the one that gave consent for them to join in the first place? This is surely an error.

Both children are outlook.com emails.

:)

dj.purity, May 9, 2023
  2. Michael Sangirardi Win User

Merging family accounts

I’ll clarify my question. My wife and son are in a “family” group and my daughter and I are in a separate “family”group. Is there a way to combine the both and make one family? My wife tried to invite us to the family she created but that didn’t seem to work.
  3. CarTzy Win User

How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate "families" which are really my 2 different email accounts. The instructions are wrong for how to do so.

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. CarTzy Win User

How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate "families" which are really my 2 different email accounts. The instructions are wrong for how to do so.

Hi dj.purity,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you are doing this on a browser, make sure to clear the browser cache, site data and cookies.

Much better if you open an In-private Windows and login using the correct parent account.

If you are using a mobile device, uninstall and reinstall the app.

Follow guide on how to remove and add a member on the Family app.

Leave family group or remove members - Microsoft Support

Remove yourself or a family member from your family group on Xbox | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooting for Family app issues:

Troubleshooting the Xbox Family Settings app | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. XBF Aicha T Win User

not able to block specific apps in the Microsoft store on XB1 and XSX.

6. XBA_Hype Win User

family account restricted

if your sons account is set up on family settings as a child account I believe restrictions will automatically be set to not allow them to play a game that is not for their age group. age ratings on games are there to keep children safe.

if you would like to read up more or learn more about family restrictions and online safety here`s a link - Family & online safety
Thema:

1. How can I combine my two children into one Family Safety group? They are in 2 separate... - Similar Threads - combine children Family

2. How can I add my children to be friends on Minecraft?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I add my children to be friends on Minecraft?: I need some help please. I’ve basically enabled everything in privacy and settings to allow my children to play Minecraft together on separate iPads with no luck. I’ve unblocked everything in Xbox...
  3. How can I combine 2 accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I combine 2 accounts: I have 1 account that my dad created for me when I was 11 so I could use the xbox and it has his email on it. I have another account that is this account with my email on it. I would normally just...
  4. I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to combine two accounts but I can’t: I want to combine my accounts for Minecraft because I used an old email and I couldn’t access online so I made a new email and now half my worlds are tied to one account and the other half is tied...
  5. Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to combine the power of two systems?: I currently have an Xbox Series S, and I have been having trouble with the amount of space available for saving games. I was looking at the prices of some of the external SSDs that would allow you...
  6. How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get rid of or combine an accidental account that is attached to an email that...: So I got this new laptop and set it up. Part of the setup told me I could get 3 months free of gamepass ultimate, so I was like sweet. I thought it was having me login into my existing...
  7. Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combine old Xbox profile with different Microsoft account/email address?: Hi All, Looking for ideas or suggestions on (combining, merging, or reassigning,) my original Xbox profile from an old Microsoft account/email address to my new Microsoft account/email address. I...
  8. Combining accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combining accounts: I discovered there are XBox Gold accounts, one connected to my husband's email and one connected to mine. This means two separate charges every month. Can I combine these into one account and only...
  9. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  10. Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Combine two Microsoft accounts together and after that delete one account: Hello, I've two Microsoft account and I want to delete one account. But on that account I've some games (like Minecraft). And I want to transfer those to the other Microsoft account. I know it is...