How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag?

Discus and support How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I've been trying to customise my classic gamertag for a few months now.. But for some reason, it keeps saying "Sorry, something went wrong,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Uninchantress, May 14, 2023.

1. How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag?

Hello, I've been trying to customise my classic gamertag for a few months now..

But for some reason, it keeps saying "Sorry, something went wrong, try your gamer tag again"

I wanted to change it to my gamer tag Adorxbliss.

My classic gamer tag is "Amai Nezuko" which is what I use for in games and I just want to change it to my real gamer tag.

Won't even get to the card info yet. Just rejects it straight away. Doesn't say it's taken or anything. Been trying for months.

:)

Uninchantress, May 14, 2023
  2. Carl Malph Win User

How can I only change my display name/classic gamertag

Ok how can I change only my display/classic username without changing my main gamer tag
  3. Tom1_1 Win User

I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one

How would I change the classic gamer tag
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to change your gamer tag on social.xbox.com

If it doesn't work, try to use a different browser or device.

Please may I know if you have received any different error messages this time upon changing your gamer tag on social.xbox.com
  5. Smwutches Win User

I changed my username but it shows my old username underneath the new one

Depending on how it's changed, you can end up with a "classic" gamertag and a newer gamertag. Typically that would show if you change your tag to something with a special character, but it can happen to other people too. The only way to fix it would be to change your tag again and if it gives you the option to change your classic tag independently, then you'd need to change it.
  6. KindColt9422171 Win User

Xbox changed gamertag without notice

okay so i have an issue, i think i got a force gamer tag change, but my problem is i no longer have the email that i used with this gamer tag. the email i currently use is linked to my other gamertag and i don't use that gamer tag anymore. how can i change
    my current gamertag to my current email without it linking my current email to a older gamer tag? ALSO if you did ban me and give me some really weak , wack gamer tag, how come you are trying to charge me to change my gamer tag? because if that is the case,
    this xbox one will be sold for a ps4.
Thema:

1. How can I change my Xbox classic gamer tag? - Similar Threads - change classic gamer

2. Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an...: Lost a friend after he changed gamer tags he sent me a msg but i accidentally deleted it an now i cant find him please help me get that msg back so i can find him...
  3. Cant change pin settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant change pin settings?: Recently charged $700 that wasn't my purchase and in trying to prevent that I’m adding a pin when purchasing but Xbox says “You can use your pin, but we cant change its settings right now”….I have...
  4. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  5. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  6. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  7. How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my classic gamertag into my new gamertag: I changed my username on the xbox 360 and i thought it would change on the xbox one. I go on the xbox one and it only changed my classic gamertag. why is this and how do i fix it? [img]...
  8. I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just payed $9.99 to change my classic gamertag, but it remains the same?: as the title suggests, I have an issue with my classic gamertag I just purchased it to change, but its still showing up as my old one. I really don’t want it to be a waste of money...
  9. How to change your classic gamertag but keep your regular gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change your classic gamertag but keep your regular gamertag: Hey I accidentally chose the wrong classic gamertag and I want to change it how do I do that c69fdf74-127e-4070-9f44-5106ca09e6bd
  10. Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a time frame for a classic gamertag to change?: Today i hsve changed my username on xbox but only the Classic Gamertag and the transaction has went through but i do not see the classic name change even after restarting my console. Thank you to...