How can I change my gamertag when the country I live in is not supported?

Discus and support How can I change my gamertag when the country I live in is not supported? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I really need help here - I live in Thailand. It is not a country that is listed as supporting XBoxLive! I have games that I play that I purchased,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GaryJHills, Mar 7, 2022.

1. GaryJHills
    GaryJHills Guest

I really need help here - I live in Thailand. It is not a country that is listed as supporting XBoxLive! I have games that I play that I purchased, legitamtely, via the Microsoft Store & Steam, that require me to login using the XBox Live account that I have. This is no issue. I can happily play the games I purchased with no problems or fuss.

What is a problem is I don't like my gamertag and I want to change it (happy to pay the money to do so!) However, when I try to do this, I can't! I end up in an increasingly frustrating loop of pain that gives me an inability to speak with a support agent or even get a call back (because I am not in a supported country)

What on earth can I do to get this changed? and why is Thailand not supported? We have amazing fast internet here, so it can't be that reason, and all other Microsoft products and services are supported here, as far as I know, so why not XBox Live?!?!?!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

:)

GaryJHills, Mar 7, 2022
  2. GaryJHills Win User

Your reply is less than helpful and the tone of your reply is, frankly, quite rude. I am asking for advice on if there is any way this can be resolved.

If you are not going to post anything helpful or be polite then you shouldn't bother.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Gary, I'm sorry for what's going on, as this forum is public viewing and unfortunately as independent consultants we don't have access to there's some data or your account, I don't think even if you contact the service they have help you in this situation simply because Xbox Live is not available in your region.

However, if you have an Xbox Live account and have never made a Gamertag exchange the system lets you make a free exchange, what I ask you about is, in which region you originally created your account, what exactly happens when you try to exchange your Gamertag?
  4. GaryJHills Win User

Hi George, thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, as I was not aware that Thailand was an unsupported region, I changed my gamertag once already for free, and now, because I need to pay, I can't do it again. So sad!

I originally created my account only a few years ago, while living in Thailand (I moved here 14 years ago) My main Microsfot account has all of my correct information, address, phone, passport, credit card details, which of course, is Thai and in Thailand.

I play on PC, I do not own an XBox and all the games I have purchased have been via legitamtae services - e.g. Steam or the Microsoft Store.

When I try to chang my gamertage, it goes through the process and gets to the stage where I input my card details or select PayPal (which is also using Thai based payment methods) and then I can go no further as the address it asks for is in a region I am not in and I can;t get past this. Even when I try to use PayPal it tells me the payment method is from a different region than the account shows.

It's really a bummer as although my gamertag is kinda my name (I do my own YT channel and it matches at least) I want something a bit nicer. Oh well, I guess my only option is to wait and hope that XBox Live become available in Thailand!
  5. ngocphi Win User

Because you need a billing method in a supported region you already been told this

You have to come up with your own method

YOU cannot use xbox online services in unsupported region

Nor can it be your account region

You can ONLY use a payment method from A supported region whenever it be a prepaid gift card etc

But you can't use thailand as your account region

Whatever region you are using you need a payment method from that

You are going to have to ask your chamber of commerce for your other question

@georgec he said thailand on his post near the end

This is his second thread

He gets a gamertag by default as he is using a ms account not xbox account
  6. SPARSTE96 Win User

I can't change my gamertag.

Thema:

1. How can I change my gamertag when the country I live in is not supported? - Similar Threads - change gamertag country

2. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  3. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  4. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  5. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  6. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  7. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  8. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  9. How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change a gamertag when the country/region field is grayed out during payment?: Hey all, Hope you're doing great! I'm trying to change my Gamertag, so it doesn't have the numbers appended to it (something that wasn't well explained when I first changed it for free). I have...
  10. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...