How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles?

Discus and support How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. I wonder if I buy a game here, for instance Call of Duty WWII. Will it be possible change language from, let's say, Russian to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Yulia Shatokhina, Dec 25, 2017.

1. How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles?

Hi, everyone. I wonder if I buy a game here, for instance Call of Duty WWII. Will it be possible change language from, let's say, Russian to Chinese(subtitles) and vise versa? Thank you.

:)

Yulia Shatokhina, Dec 25, 2017
  2. haber5
    haber5 Guest
    change game language

Hey

I've purchased a Diablo III copy on a duty free store in Mexico. I was told by the seller I can change the game's language to be in English (rather than Spanish) but I can't find how to do it.

Would highly appreciate your help

Alon Haber

haber5, Dec 25, 2017
  3. Unkn0wn1
    Unkn0wn1 Guest
    Changing a game from spanish to english

Hi Stryfe132,

Unfortunately, there is not currently a way to change the game's language.

Unkn0wn1, Dec 25, 2017
  4. How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles?

Only if there is the option to so in the settings menu of the game itself.

Paraffin Alien, Dec 25, 2017
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

Only if there is the option to so in the settings menu of the game itself.
  6. choppyseize Win User

problems language in game prey of the application of xbox (beta) by game pass

You may have to change the language in the game settings. It may only add subtitles though.
  7. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

Black Ops II

Hi,

In the game self you can change the language in the settings tab in the game there you usually can select subtitles and change the language of the game itself
  8. aldo343 Win User

Play in Italian?

You should try it because it does not change anything just the language at least to put the English subtitles if you accommodate more
  9. SF_1 Win User

Xbox one x Hong Kong, game disc from US, game language to Chinese?

So i tried again. Halo installed in Chinese (in-game text and voices) properly, so that one is fine.

Call of Duty apparently had no option to change the subtitles language at all.

Far cry 4 had the option to change subtitles language in the game menu, but chinese was not one of them.

Both Call of duty and Far cry 4 are available in the Hong Kong app store. But there is no way to know rhe supported languages in the app store. If i buy it from the hong kong app store then would the games get installed in their chinese versions?

I am assuming that that all the games in the Hong kong app store would support chinese, at least with subtitles. Is that an incorrect assumption?
Thema:

1. How can I change a game's language or at least add subtitles? - Similar Threads - change game's language

2. With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    With my headset on Xbox how do I turn up discord call volume as I can only change my game...: I want to be able to hear my discord call and whenever I try to change the volume on my headset or Xbox I can only change game volume 43542c3a-7b4e-46f6-9852-e593079d69ba
  3. I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop

in XBoX Accessibility
    I subscribe £12.49 for card game. Cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop: I subscribe £12.49 for microsoft card game. I cannot figure out how to access since changing laptop a3cd29da-19dd-4e27-8303-261b0705dd64
  4. Changing Game Language

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing Game Language: Hi. I have recently moved to Germany where I have purchased an xbox x and i have installed COD World At War but I can not get the game language to change to English, it will only give German. I...
  5. I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I can't change the language on the computer: I have an Xbox Game Pass membership. I downloaded the game with English language support on the computer, but the game is in Spanish and there are no language changes in the game. How can I...
  6. Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change Age of Empires language to Spanish in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass): I am playing Age of Empires IV in Geforce Now platform (PC Game Pass) through a Game Pass Ultimate subscription. I am deeply disappointed as the game is only in English and there is no way to...
  7. Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change language (audio, UI, text) of Starfield / NO language option in the game: I am super annoyed about the fact that the Xbox App does NOT give me the option I want to install a game in and that games like Gears 5 or Starfield also do NOT have a language option IN GAME. My...
  8. How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I change the language of a game downloaded from Microsoft Store without changing my...: Hello, I have Age Of Empires IV downloaded from the Microsoft Store. My system's language (Windows 11) is hungarian, and the game's language is automatically set to the same. How can I set the...
  9. How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I change language for Sword and Fairy 7 to chinese in game pass?: THere's no setting to change it but it says it supports simplified chinese... 02ac043b-05d6-4109-b831-ea2a4ad4d790
  10. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac