How can I block password change requests to my Microsoft account?

Discus and support How can I block password change requests to my Microsoft account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello. These past few weeks, I have been recieving single-use codes to my secondary email address almost every day. I have recieved 5 just today.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nicholas Rollin, Jun 5, 2023.

1. How can I block password change requests to my Microsoft account?

Hello.

These past few weeks, I have been recieving single-use codes to my secondary email address almost every day. I have recieved 5 just today.

This implies someone has my Microsoft email address and is attempting to have access to my Microsoft account by changing the password.

I have not made any password change requests recently.

Is there a way to figure out from where these single-use code requests are being sent and block them from any access to my Microsoft account permanently?

Thank you

:)

Nicholas Rollin, Jun 5, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Nicholas Rollin,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To block password change requests to your Microsoft account, you need to enable two-step verification on your account. This will add an extra layer of security to your account and prevent unauthorized access. To enable two-step verification, follow these steps:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/security and sign in with your Microsoft account.

2. Under Two-step verification, select Turn on two-step verification.

3. Follow the instructions to set up your verification methods. You can choose to receive a code via email, phone, or app.

4. Once you have set up your verification methods, you will need to enter a code every time you sign in to your Microsoft account or change your password.

Please see: How to use two-step verification with your Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

By enabling two-step verification, you will block password change requests to your Microsoft account unless you have access to your verification methods. I hope this helps you secure your account and enjoy your Xbox experience.

Have a great day!
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

xbox account

5. brandon_948 Win User

Unable to change my Microsoft account on my gamertag; entering my password incorrectly receives an "Password is not valid" prompt

I'll be as clear as I can, but let me know if I leave something out. My primary gamertag is attached to a microsoft account that is blocked. I can sign-in to this gamertag and play as normal on my xbox, but any attempts to access any of the account security
    settings prompts me with, "The password you entered isn't valid." I can confirm that I have changed the password several times, and I do have the correct password. When I attempt to login to this account online with any service (Outlook, live.com, xbox.com)
    I am forwarded to a screen telling me my account has been temporarily blocked, which I would not be able to see if I had the wrong password. I want to know if there is an alternate way to change the microsoft account for this gamertag, or if someone can give
    me accurate information on how to unblock my microsoft account.
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

FIFA 13 players traded without being online, coins depleted - hacked?

Hey, that doesn't sound good. I would call or request a call from Xbox Phone Support and open an unauthorized access investigation into your account.

-

Also I'd be changing the password to your microsoft account or email attached to your gamertag straight away. Info on how to do that here:

support.xbox.com/.../change-microsoft-account-password
Thema:

1. How can I block password change requests to my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - block password change

2. Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block

in XBoX Accessibility
    Play flight simulator using joystick and thrust block: Dear all, it is possible, to connect flight - specific hardware, e.g. a thrustmaster joystick and a thrustmaster thrust block, to the xbox for playing flight simulator? Thanks, Oli...
  3. Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a...: Power block is good and system is not over heating but Xbox one will not power on but for a split second then off 56a4c5cf-7f6a-4bbb-960b-34a5882cdc75
  4. How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?

in XboX Insiders
    How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?: I've google instructions for how to view the block list and all the instructions seem really old. Appears there is no way to view the block list without an Xbox Console. submitted by...
  5. xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 suddenly blocked from xbox live: My three xbox 360 consoles (2x360 S, 1x360 E) were blocked from xbox live on 1-11-24. Come to find out that having the Ultimate Game Pass on auto renewal caused it. I knew it was something on the...
  6. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  7. Account still blocked after resetting password

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account still blocked after resetting password: Hello, My account was blocked from too many failed login attempts even though I have not been trying to login. I have reset the password yet it still says it's blocked! How do I access my...
  8. my account blocked for many passwords attempt

in XBoX Accessibility
    my account blocked for many passwords attempt: I used to have 2fa for my *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***@___.___ e618cf79-f610-4057-959c-fa32fb66f3a4
  9. Password block games on main profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Password block games on main profile: Does anyone know how to black certain games on your own Xbox profile? My younger brother constantly plays games on my account (and won't use his own) that are a little above his age. I've looked...
  10. How do I set password to block child from buying games I cant afford?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I set password to block child from buying games I cant afford?: Having trouble figuring out how to set a password to stop my children buying games an downloading them.Does anyone know how to do this? 5c2482ca-5253-424d-87ee-34d99486248e