How can I adjust audio from an Xbox Game Bar recording enough to transcribe it?

Discus and support How can I adjust audio from an Xbox Game Bar recording enough to transcribe it? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm a former teacher and I currently volunteer for a non-profit organization. I'm about to launch a newsletter to schools which will include climate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kay KRo, May 9, 2023.

1. Kay KRo
    Kay KRo Guest

I'm a former teacher and I currently volunteer for a non-profit organization. I'm about to launch a newsletter to schools which will include climate themed resources to help tackle the teacher workload crisis by meeting statutory requirements, and linking to various areas of the curriculum. I recently conducted my first interview with a scientist who gave me 1.5 hours of their time; the unique content should feature in the newsletter to schools. MS Teams malfunctioned at the start of the interview, so I quickly loaded Xbox Game Bar to record the interview. My own dialogue is crystal clear, but I can't hear what my interviewee said. I think the audio may be salvageable if the background noise is removed, treble is increased... and various other settings are adjusted to enable their dialogue to be understood. My audio editing skills aren't great and I don't have the funds to pay someone to do the editing work for me, and have already spent countless hours trying to fix the audio. I'd greatly appreciate advice, or ideally support, to fix the audio so that it can be put to the good use it was intended for. Feeling rather defeated at a time when I've put such great effort into attempting a far-reaching good deed. Please help.

:)

Kay KRo, May 9, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Kay! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Unfortunately as you know and have already tried, post-processing the recording would be the only way to get something out of it.

You can watch some easy and quick tutorials to try and save your interview.

This is a personal favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZ9291KzwQ

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.

Hello CollinLilienthal,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with recording game audio on Xbox Game Bar that resulted to bassy, crackling and distorted outcome of the audio. Let us work as a team to get to the bottom of this.

One possible solution is to check if your audio drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, finding your audio device, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Update driver."

Another possible solution is to adjust the audio settings in Game Bar. You can do this by opening Game Bar, clicking on the gear icon to open the settings, and then selecting "Audio" from the left-hand menu. From there, you can adjust the volume levels and quality settings to see if that improves the audio recording quality. You can also try disabling any unnecessary background applications or processes that may be interfering with the audio recording.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

windows game bar video playback has no sound

Hello m-will3427,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Have you tried adjusting your "Audio to record" settings in Xbox Game Bar?

Open Xbox Game Bar

Click the "Settings" icon (Gear icon)

On the left panel of the settings window, select "Capturing"

Under the "Audio to record" section, enable either the "Game" or the "All" settings.

In this case, using the "All" setting may be more beneficial to you as you're recording a presentation, not a game.

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
Thema:

1. How can I adjust audio from an Xbox Game Bar recording enough to transcribe it? - Similar Threads - adjust audio Game

2. Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series S Controller Sensitivity Adjustment: Hi team, One of my controllers is overly sensitive and I'm not able to find the 'ease of access' section in my settings (Xbox Series S). I've installed all the latest updates on the console and...
  3. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  4. Why can't I adjust Audio & music?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I adjust Audio & music?: I plugged in my Groove Onn wired headphones into my PDP wired controller using the 3.5mm audio jack. however, as i stated, it wont let me adjust the audio & music icon. instead it says this: "use...
  5. I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't adjust the chat mixer audio on xbox.: I just use earbuds for a headset and they have worked perfectly fine until today. It will only let me hear party audio when I'm in an xbox party but I still can't even hear game or music audio...
  6. I’ve been having issues with adjusting party audio anybody have a solution?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’ve been having issues with adjusting party audio anybody have a solution?: I recently purchased new mic and while trying to play I know have an issue with adjusting audio in party settings. Anybody have any solutions? ac7a249d-ee97-480f-a844-c9dee3e4bd66
  7. Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to adjust chat mixer to hear audio/game sound on mic: Recently, out of nowhere my microphone decided it was done picking up game sound. I can still chat and hear friends. Naturally i figured it was because my mic was broken..nope. Then, I figured it...
  8. How to adjust headset audio threshold for a Turtle Beach Stealth 600

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust headset audio threshold for a Turtle Beach Stealth 600: I recntly purchased a Gen 2 Turtle Beach Stealth 600. I set up the headset only to learn that it picks up way too much sound. When I attempt to change the audio setting I can mive any of the three...
  9. How to adjust audio on headphones Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to adjust audio on headphones Xbox One X: Is there any way to adjust the audio settings when using gaming headphone on the xbox one x....like treble, bass or any type of equalizer settings? 3bfa50d3-efa6-43b0-9466-6e28abf71704
  10. Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't adjust game/chat audio correctly. Astro A50 with headset adapter.: I am having a problem where the chat audio is louder or the same volume as the game audio and anytime I turn the game audio up the chat audio goes up as well. I have followed the adjustment...